Should Santorum and Gingrich drop out of this race?

Should Santorum and Gingrich drop out of this race?

• Yes

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is nothing wrong with having no nominee until every state (or most of them) have held primaries and caucuses. If it goes until the Convention, so be it. It will be an excellent experience and I am confident the GOP will have a candidate that will beat Obama whether we settle on one today or in August.

This process is part of the "vettting" that every candidate needs to go through. The longer this goes on, the better we get to know these people. Personally, I am enjoying the heck out of it!

The last primary is on June 26 and that will be Colorado. So what you're saying is let this carry on--let Rick Santorum keep bringing up his Roman Catholic beliefs--keep scaring women to death--so that by the time the election rolls around they will be running into those voting booths to cast a vote for Barack Obama--even though Santorum has no possibility what-so-ever of winning the nomination.

You want to risk that?

A lot on the "right" would prefer Obama over Romney.

Some say there is no difference, in spite of the great difference there would be in SC appointees.

Some just plain would prefer that Obama win.

And there are those on the left that aren't happy with Obama and would prefer anyone else win.

There is nothing wrong with having no nominee until every state (or most of them) have held primaries and caucuses. If it goes until the Convention, so be it. It will be an excellent experience and I am confident the GOP will have a candidate that will beat Obama whether we settle on one today or in August.

This process is part of the "vettting" that every candidate needs to go through. The longer this goes on, the better we get to know these people. Personally, I am enjoying the heck out of it!

The last primary is on June 26 and that will be Colorado. So what you're saying is let this carry on--let Rick Santorum keep bringing up his Roman Catholic beliefs--keep scaring women to death--so that by the time the election rolls around they will be running into those voting booths to cast a vote for Barack Obama--even though Santorum has no possibility what-so-ever of winning the nomination.

You want to risk that?

I don't think Rick Santorum is scaring anyone. He has no real chance of winning, but he does the opportunity to influence the dialogue and that is exactly what he is doing. Obama's approval ratings dropped 8 points since Santorum "broke the script" and started talking about common sense values and taboo topics like abortion and birth control. Democrats make the mistake of believing that voters are "stupid" and buy into the bullshit that Republicans are at "war against women". Sorry, that shit ain't working.

The facts dispute your 8% drop claim. Instead of pointing to some cherry picked outlier poll, I suggest you look at the full trend of all major polls.

Obama Favorable Rating - Pollster - Huffington Post 2012 Election Dashboard

The only favorability tanking is Romneys.

Mitt Romney Favorability - Pollster - Huffington Post 2012 Election Dashboard

Even Fox's latest poll shows Romney at a -10 Fav-Unfav. That same Fox poll has Obama at +3.

Well--who are you supporting? Let me guess--the social nut-case.

I'll support a one-legged gimp before I support Romney.

I'll vote for Santorum because he has the best shot. If he loses, I vote for Obama in November.

Then don't refer to yourself as a conservative--because you're not. You're more interested in controlling what people do in their own bedrooms and not at all interested in jobs--the deficit and run-a-way government spending.

1) The Republicans have just a bad a record on spending and deficits as Obama has. It seems they only time they are keen on not spending is when a Democrat occupies the white house.

2) I don't get panicky over abortion or birth control, because, honestly, I've been hearing the shrill harpies singing this song since 1980. "Ohhhh, we can't vote for a Republican, they want to regulate our uterus!" We've had 20 years of Republican Presidents since then. Except for the occassional silly law the courts slap down like a runaway Mormon sister-wife, there's been no real change in that front.

There is absolutely no way that Santorum could defeat Barack Obama and here's why I know that.

COLORADO CAUCAS GOERS MUST HAVE VERY SHORT MEMORIES.
]

Who gives a fuck about Colorado? It only has 9 electoral votes. If the GOP wants to be relevent as a party again, it needs to compete in the Rust Belt, and they won't get there with "The Guy who Lays You Off."

You want to risk that?

Some say there is no difference, in spite of the great difference there would be in SC appointees.

And there are those on the left that aren't happy with Obama and would prefer anyone else win.

Just like the PUMAs were going to stay home or vote for McCain last time? How'd that work out?

It looks like the writing is on the wall on these two candidates. Delegate math says there is no possible way for either of them to win--even if one of them dropped out. They would literally have to win California--and other Romney type states even to get within 200 delegates of Romney.

So the theory in some minds--is take enough delegates from Romney--so he doesn't reach the required 1144 delegates to secure the nomination and then let's have a brokered convention at the end of August-giving us only a little over two months to launch a campaign against Barack Obama.
Even if this went all the way to the convention Santorum nor Gingrich would be picked. I don't believe that the GOP would disenfranchise the overall winner of delegates--so it would be a Romney nominee anyway.

Now while the WAR on WOMEN campaign is running full strength against the likes of Rick Santorum along with Rush Limbaugh's comments--it's more than clear to me that the longer Santorum and Gingrich stay in this race---the less time we have to form a solid base and stand behind a single candidate--the more campaign cash we run out of--and the odds of Santorum and Gingrich saying something that could be used to attack the GOP is much greater--and the LESS time we have to campaign against Barack Obama.

So while I have been a strong supporter of Newt Gingrich--I am throwing in the towel right now--and conceding the nomination to Mitt Romney.

In my opinion the worst thing that could happen is that Rick Santorum stays in this race. EXAMPLE: As some know Santorum has been an almost a continual nightly guest on the Greta Van Sustren (Fox News program). Donald Trump confronted Greta Van Sustren on FOX News about this last night--via telephone. I have never heard Trump raise his voice like this. When she asked him--what he thought of a Santorum nominee. He said you're kidding right? This man does not have any business experience--he has been a legislator all of his life--she interrupted him--and asked why he would lose to Obama--and he interrupted her and said WOMEN WILL NOT VOTE FOR SANTORUM. Greta looked stunned. I couldn't agree more with Trump's comment. Santorum is off the cliff when it comes to his Roman Catholic beliefs on birth control contraception, sonograms for women, etc. --and he is very vocal about it. The longer Santorum stays in this race--the more women voters we lose.

So -(in an effort to defeat Obama in November)--I think Gingrich (who I am a supporter of) and Rick Santorum should drop out of this race at this time.

Your thoughts?

YES! And so should Romney and Paul. Somewhere in the BIG TENT there must exist one Republican who can be characterized as the Best and the Brightest.

Translation: "I Joey, am a Bigot..."

Stupid, illogical and evil beliefs don't suddenly become holy because you dress them up in vestments and call them a "religion".

Romney believes illogical, stupid and evil things. That's a disqualifier as far as I'm concerned.
No sir...YOU yourself posted your belief.

Too late to back out Joey. YOU have been caught. WHOM are you working for? Who is paying you?

:eusa_hand:

Wow, what are you like new or slightly retarded. I've been posting my contempt for the Church of Latter Day Liars for what, nearly a year now, and you are just figuring out that I don't like them now? Really? Seriously? Are you this dense? Kind of sort of waiting for the short bus to pick you up?

You want to risk that?

Real Americans get pissed when they find they have been lied to by politicians...those that don't get angry...FAIL at being Real Americans.

Stupid, illogical and evil beliefs don't suddenly become holy because you dress them up in vestments and call them a "religion".

Romney believes illogical, stupid and evil things. That's a disqualifier as far as I'm concerned.

Too late to back out Joey. YOU have been caught. WHOM are you working for? Who is paying you?

Wow, what are you like new or slightly retarded. I've been posting my contempt for the Church of Latter Day Liars for what, nearly a year now, and you are just figuring out that I don't like them now? Really? Seriously? Are you this dense? Kind of sort of waiting for the short bus to pick you up?
I know...and guess what? *I* still accuse you, and YOU still stand in the limelight.

WHO is paying you Bigot?

I know...and guess what? *I* still accuse you, and YOU still stand in the limelight.

WHO is paying you Bigot?

Guy, abusing Mormons I'd do for free. I'd do it for fun.

LIke I said, don't nominate the Mormon POS, and MAYBE I'll vote against Obama.

It amazes me that with your hate of Obama, you really can't believe that there are people who hate Romney just because he's Romney.

WHO is paying you Bigot?

It amazes me that with your hate of Obama, you really can't believe that there are people who hate Romney just because he's Romney.
So YOu admit to being a bigot.

Nice.
icon14.gif

WHO is paying you Bigot?

Nice.
icon14.gif

I don't think there's anything such as "religious bigotry".

You don't think Joseph Smith was talking to God and God was telling him to have sex with multiple teenage girls any more than I do.

So why should we treat the belief that he was like it's sacred?

Nope, it's a silly bunch of lies and bullshit, and if you want to cower before it, you are free to do so.

I never will.

Nice.
icon14.gif

You don't think Joseph Smith was talking to God and God was telling him to have sex with multiple teenage girls any more than I do.

Nope, it's a silly bunch of lies and bullshit, and if you want to cower before it, you are free to do so.

I never will.

Really?

In every single religion we're going to find fault and things we disagree with. Especially something you can dig up from over 150 years ago to complain about. Mormon's certainly do not BELIEVE in multiple wives today.

I have NEVER seen YOUR kind of BIGOTRY within Christian religions though.

And I sure wouldn't CENTER my vote for President around which religion out of the Christian arena he/she came from--like you are doing.

Furthermore--my sister-in-law is a MORMON--and you have just insulted me by your comment by attacking her religion.

HOLY COW--You and Rick Santorum are definitely two peas in a pod.

Last edited:

Really?

Yeah. Really.

Either you think your religion is right and everyone else is a heretic, or you are just going thorugh the motions. Or you reject all religions (as I did some 30 years ago, when my Mom prayed for her cancer to get better and the Imaginary Sky Friend didn't listen to her).

But here's the thing about Mormonism, which I find just a bit more contemptable.

The fraud is out there, right in the open. The people who started it have been caught outright lying, red handed in the bullshit. The only other example I can even think of is Scientology, whose founder was quoted saying he was making up a religion because it was more profitable than writing Science Fiction for 3 cents a word.

If you really don't think that Joseph Smith was talking to God (and I assume I'm talking to a non-Mormon here), then you've rejected their beliefs just as much as I have. You are just trying to be polite about it and not calling it fraud.

I just can't go along with that. If Romney really believes in all the crazy shit they believe in, then he's not fit to hold office. Period.

Newt can't drop out since he's the best speaker. He said so himself:

"Other than Ronald Reagan, I know of no Republican in my lifetime who's been able to talk like this," Mr. Gingrich told a banquet crowd here, referring to his own policy ideas on energy, brain science and other matters. "That's why I'm still running, because the gap is so huge."

I'll put aside the obvious jokes about his speakership.
Newt is sending a message to the Republican Blue-bloods that are really RINO's...and soft leftists concerned only for power.

And you know what? he's correct.

:lol::lol::lol:

In every single religion we're going to find fault and things we disagree with. Especially something you can dig up from over 150 years ago to complain about. Mormon's certainly do not BELIEVE in multiple wives today.

And I sure wouldn't CENTER my vote for President around which religion out of the Christian arena he/she came from--like you are doing.

Furthermore--my sister-in-law is a MORMON--and you have just insulted me by your comment by attacking her religion.

Obviously, you've missed the 500 or so times I've said I'm an atheist. Not sure why this fails to sink in with you. Maybe after the Short Bus picks up T, it can get you.

I'm sorry your sister is a member of a whacky cult started by a child molestor who considers her a second class citizen. She has my sympathy, as all Mormon women do.

My personal encounters with Mormons (before I ever bothered educating myself on what they believe and what their history was) gave me pause. As in totally creeped out after they stabbed me in the back at every oppurtunity. This is the deal killer for me. Sorry, just is.

Incidently, I'm not sure why you go hysterical over Rick Santorum's belief that Abortion is murder (a belief that crosses multiple religious lines; i used to be able to make the case from an atheist perspective) and if someone questions whether Joseph Smith was talking to God, you scream about what a big meanie he is. You would think it would be the reverse, the former beliefs is slightly more grounded.

Nice.
icon14.gif

I never will.

I am not voting for a Catholic Priest--I am voting for the person that I believe can fix the deficit--grow jobs--and cut the size of the Federal Government.

106620_600.jpg

That's why you're NOT a conservative and I am.

Obviously, you've missed the 500 or so times I've said I'm an atheist. Not sure why this fails to sink in with you. Maybe after the Short Bus picks up T, it can get you.

I'm sorry your sister is a member of a whacky cult started by a child molestor who considers her a second class citizen. She has my sympathy, as all Mormon women do.

My personal encounters with Mormons (before I ever bothered educating myself on what they believe and what their history was) gave me pause. As in totally creeped out after they stabbed me in the back at every oppurtunity. This is the deal killer for me. Sorry, just is.

Incidently, I'm not sure why you go hysterical over Rick Santorum's belief that Abortion is murder (a belief that crosses multiple religious lines; i used to be able to make the case from an atheist perspective) and if someone questions whether Joseph Smith was talking to God, you scream about what a big meanie he is. You would think it would be the reverse, the former beliefs is slightly more grounded.

So now you're telling me--that you had a PERSONAL grievance with someone who happened to be a MORMON by golly--and that's why you hate Mitt Romney---:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I am a pro-life conservative woman--but give exception to other Lucky to Be Alive women in the case of rape or incest. Santorum doesn't--he has absolutely no sympathy for these women at all--and apparently you don't either.

Furthermore--Romney has only been married to one ADULT woman for the last 42 years--indicating that he is no child molester nor believes in the concept of multiple wives.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back