Should religious organisations be held to consumer protection laws?

Yes. They should also be held to account for the political activities they engage in and stripped of their tax free status when they violate the law.

Yes they should.

Any Christians who die and didn't go to heaven are welcome to file a class action suit.

I'm not interested in what they do in the afterlife. I'm more concerned with what they're doing to break the law in the here and now.

I think it depends on the activity. I can't really imagine a situation where they have a product they've sold that could do harm but maybe I'm missing the obvious, it's been a long day.

they are selling salvation for 10% of your income in tithes. It's about as transparent as how Kosher food just happens to be the best cuts.

Okay, go ...

give some kind of example Anguille.....I'm lost on this one....in trying to think of an example of where this would even come in to play?

I mean, of course the general answer would be YES, as with everyone else UNLESS there is some sort of religious reasons or something...

like, religious Native Americans on their own grounds who allow peace pipe smoking in their restaurants... for a Peace Pipe Smoking Meeting of some sort!?? hahahahahahahahahahaha!
and that's environmental not even consumer!

oh my goodness....honestly though, i can't picture anything that comes in to play on this.... help please! :)

care

ahhhh, you mean like the stuff some of them sell? like religious books, crucifix or something?

well, the answer to that would be, of course!

you are judging these particular foods through the lens of your modern, current culture. How many Filets do you think were being served in 4000bc, jill? Lobster sure was a fucking Mediterranean delicacy, eh? Red Lobster sure was a fucking Roman staple, wasn't it?

Yes. They should also be held to account for the political activities they engage in and stripped of their tax free status when they violate the law.

That would have shut down most of the Black Churches in the South during the Obama campaign. Cries of racism would have shut that down immediately.

He HATES Jews. You have been here long enough to know that. He is like a pavlov dog, he has no choice but to make those kind of attacks.
I know he does, but I can't imagine his point. Does he think Jews have some sort of conspiracy going to raise their livestock under optimal conditions so it tastes better???

Okay, go ...

Be more specific? There are a lot of consumer protection laws!

If you are going to hold them to Art 1 and 2 of the UCC. Would say yes and no. If they allow free sermons and only ask for donationss, then No they should be held to any CPL. But if they charge a membership fee, then yes they should be held to CPL's because they are providing a service for a charge.

Also if a free Church has a store in it, then they should be held the the UCC for the store only. Same if they offer a school!

Churches should have a money back guarantee. If you follow their rules and don't get the ultimate reward (floating on a cloud forever, gaggles of virgins, reincarnation to a higher being, etc.) then you should be able to sue the hell out of them.

Forum List

Back