Should political affiliation be a protected class?

Should political affiliation be a protected class?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
Political affiliation protects no one when s/he breaks the law.
Not even when they perform proud deviant sex acts on parade floats in front of kids they've invited to watch, in public? Arrested then too? No? Why not?

Those offenses against children are only illegal when done by a schoolyard or park without the protection of a rainbow flag or armband?

He is an elitist that is intolerant of opinions that disagree with his. That is how he is wired.
Lol the right trying to educate on tolerance :laugh:

Tolerance failed. The right made sure of it. Tolerance is naive.

So you aren’t tolerant, which means you are a left wing nut and not a liberal, thanks for the clarification sparky.
Tolerance has never won a liberal anything. Every right that's been won in the last several hundred years had to be pried from the cold, dead hands of whatever conservative movement was trying to crush them.

Any yet the left lies and claims everyone should be tolerant while the left is the most intolerant of all.
I don't. I will never tolerate the alt-right again. You wanted intolerance, you got it.

Alt right, lol. Go get em!

If we want to go down that road, a baker who would serve gay customers but refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding should not get in trouble, because he is serving the customer who did not choose to be gay, but refuses to participate in a voluntary, chosen activity.

Thank God...someone who has good reasoning skills. Far and few in between around here
Cleptos don't feel like they chose their compulsive behaviors either. Does the 14th prescribe they get immunity from majority regulation? Why not? If people embracing as endemic to their LGBT culture can perform deviant acts of sex in public "in pride, on parade" where they invite children to watch, are we really going to get uptight about some sundries getting pinched now and then?

Alcoholics have a genetic disorder that predisposes them to alcohol addiction, yet they are not a protected class and society looks down upon them. I find it interesting how we as a society operate.

I'd put political affiliation as a protected class. Seems silly to deny service to Sarah Sanders and her family or kick a guy out of a bar for wearing a MAGA hat. An office manager shouldn't be able to fire an employee based on political affiliation any more than for what church the employee attends.

So if a black business owner finds out one of his employees is a KKK member?

I find the concept of “protected classes” to be irrational, and irreconcilable with the Equal Protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. In effect, it declares those who are members of such classes to be, to use Orwell's words, “more equal than others”.

In general, I believe in freedom of association, as strongly implied in the First Amendment, that one ought to be entirely free to choose with whom he will or will not associate or do business; and that laws which prohibit discrimination are an overreach beyond what authority government should legitimately have.

If we are going to have laws against discrimination, then I think such laws can only be legitimate if they equally prohibit discrimination on the basis of any criteria that are not directly relevant to the transaction in question; and this would equally include political beliefs or positions as well as race, religion, and other such categories.

He is an elitist that is intolerant of opinions that disagree with his. That is how he is wired.

So you aren’t tolerant, which means you are a left wing nut and not a liberal, thanks for the clarification sparky.
Tolerance has never won a liberal anything. Every right that's been won in the last several hundred years had to be pried from the cold, dead hands of whatever conservative movement was trying to crush them.

Any yet the left lies and claims everyone should be tolerant while the left is the most intolerant of all.
I don't. I will never tolerate the alt-right again. You wanted intolerance, you got it.

We know. You'll tolerate gays masturbating in front of children at parades.

So you are intolerant and a lefty not a liberal, and believe you are superior to anyone that disagrees with you, thanks for your further clarification.
:itsok:
Lol! Thanks for you butt hurt, I get a chuckle out of it.

Political affiliation protects no one when s/he breaks the law.
Not even when they perform proud deviant sex acts on parade floats in front of kids they've invited to watch, in public? Arrested then too? No? Why not?

Those offenses against children are only illegal when done by a schoolyard or park without the protection of a rainbow flag or armband...or LGBT CULTURAL parade?
No, there shouldn't be any protected classes.
So you agree. Obergefell is invalid.

Right on cue you show up and lamely attempt to turn this topic into your personal obsession with fags and gay marriage. Get a life, Mentally Sil.
This is a topic about fags and gay marriage mdk. Or did that fly right over the top of your head? Why do you suppose the Sanders group was thrown out by the leftist eatery? IN DIRECT RESPONSE TO THE USSC DECISION ON THE BAKER NOT HAVING TO PROMOTE ANOTHER IDEOLOGY THAT IS REPUGNANT TO HIS OWN.

Ideology. Lifestyle. Behavior. Bye bye false premise and hello legal rats nest. Hence the title of this thread.

If we want to go down that road, a baker who would serve gay customers but refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding should not get in trouble, because he is serving the customer who did not choose to be gay, but refuses to participate in a voluntary, chosen activity.

Thank God...someone who has good reasoning skills. Far and few in between around here
Cleptos don't feel like they chose their compulsive behaviors either. Does the 14th prescribe they get immunity from majority regulation? Why not? If people embracing as endemic to their LGBT culture can perform deviant acts of sex in public "in pride, on parade" where they invite children to watch, are we really going to get uptight about some sundries getting pinched now and then?

Alcoholics have a genetic disorder that predisposes them to alcohol addiction, yet they are not a protected class and society looks down upon them. I find it interesting how we as a society operate.

"It's different when we do it!"

Veteran status and citizenship have made their way onto the big board. Why not political affiliation. Should a business owner be allowed to hang up sign saying "No Democrats"?

No.

I think it is relevant to point out that the right to hold and express political opinions os protected under the First Amendment. Being an immoral sexual pervert is nowhere mentioned in the Constitution, nor even implied as a right. Therefore, if being a homosexual makes one a member of a “protected class” against which discrimination is prohibited, then holding and expressing a political opinion which someone might find disagreeable certainly should have at least equal protection to that, if not greater protection.

This is a topic about fags and gay marriage mdk. Or did that fly right over the top of your head? Why do you suppose the Sanders group was thrown out by the leftist eatery? IN DIRECT RESPONSE TO THE USSC DECISION ON THE BAKER NOT HAVING TO PROMOTE ANOTHER IDEOLOGY THAT IS REPUGNANT TO HIS OWN.

Ideology. Lifestyle. Behavior. Bye bye false premise and hello legal rats nest. Hence the title of this thread.

No, it's about whether or not political affiliations should be added to the list of protected class. I know you really want this to be about your personal obsession with homos, but it isn't.

No, since political beliefs are a choice.

Political beliefs are no more a choice than religious beliefs. Voter registration is a choice, attending church is a choice, but beliefs are not.

Registering to vote under a particular party affiliation, and attending a church, are expressions of the political and religious beliefs respectively; and as such, ought to be equally protected with the beliefs themselves.

Political beliefs are no more a choice than religious beliefs. Voter registration is a choice, attending church is a choice, but beliefs are not.

Registering to vote under a particular party affiliation, and attending a church, are expressions of the political and religious beliefs respectively; and as such, ought to be equally protected with the beliefs themselves.

So you want human sacrifice to be protected by religious freedom?

Of course beliefs are a choice. When presented with conflicting evidence against your belief, you can choose to ignore the evidence or to change your belief.

Forum List

Back