Should People Be Forced To Join A Union And Pay Dues?

Should PPL Be Forced To Join A Union And Pay Dues As Condition Of Their Right To Work

• Total voters
Ahh yes. In a fit of rage because you cannot dominate the discussion and compel my agreement with your agenda, you flail away with name calling. Typical. This is why you libs can never win an argument.
This issue union dues, forced unionism is predicated on the premise of union officials using the dues collected from members to serve a certain political agenda. That is where this started.
It's a shame you lack the ability to pay attention.
Now, go ahead and post some clever insult. Because that is all you have left.
I will make you hate me so much you'll want to put a fist through your monitor. LOL....
I have your number, pal. I hit a nerve and you cannot let it go. Glad I pissed you off.
Now, go ahead and have at it. Throw some other vile name at me. You cannot resist.

Ahhh yes. You're the "union expert" Well tell me this "expert"............

How did it escape your notice that each individual union member can opt out of the part of the dues that go to political fund raising? :confused: NOBODY allows their dues to be used for political purposes without their consent.

So please enlighten me there, "expert". I'm listening. :eusa_whistle:

Rights are not absolute.
How many union workers are going to stand up against their union delegate?
I can just see it now. Joe Smith the iron worker goes to the shop steward says he is not at all happy with his money going to candidate "X"....A few days later Joe Smith is reassigned to the union hall to wait for another job.
C'mon dude. Ya gotta do better than that.
Now as with the Con Edison incident, you'll now tell me "it happens all the time"..Yeah, ok.
BTW , you still trying to dig up an example of where I "lied"....? Just wondering where your balls went.

I did show you what you lied about but it's in the other thread, liar.

One, a steward cannot "reassign" anyone anywhere. But that's a common mistake that people who know nothing about unions make.

Two, contractor unions have strict seniority lists for work. The companies that hire out of the halls can though, for just cause, not hire certain individuals. So one cannot be reassigned at a union hall. But that's a common mistake that people who know nothing about unions make.

Three, Union delegates are "elected" to attend conventions and have nothing to with what you're talking about. But that's a common mistake that people who know nothing about unions make.

C'mon DUDE, I thought an "expert" would be able to do better than that.

Ahhh yes. You're the "union expert" Well tell me this "expert"............

How did it escape your notice that each individual union member can opt out of the part of the dues that go to political fund raising? :confused: NOBODY allows their dues to be used for political purposes without their consent.

So please enlighten me there, "expert". I'm listening. :eusa_whistle:

Rights are not absolute.
I can just see it now. Joe Smith the iron worker goes to the shop steward says he is not at all happy with his money going to candidate "X"....A few days later Joe Smith is reassigned to the union hall to wait for another job.
Now as with the Con Edison incident, you'll now tell me "it happens all the time"..Yeah, ok.
BTW , you still trying to dig up an example of where I "lied"....? Just wondering where your balls went.

One, a steward cannot "reassign" anyone anywhere. But that's a common mistake that people who know nothing about unions make.

Two, contractor unions have strict seniority lists for work. The companies that hire out of the halls can though, for just cause, not hire certain individuals. So one cannot be reassigned at a union hall. But that's a common mistake that people who know nothing about unions make.

Three, Union delegates are "elected" to attend conventions and have nothing to with what you're talking about. But that's a common mistake that people who know nothing about unions make.

Wanna bet?...A long ago friend in New Jersey was at that time an iron worker. The job he was working was falling behind due to many factors. The Iron workers contract ,according to him was that they did not work during inclement weather where in the opinion of the foremen was a safety issue. My friend's crew elected to not work on a cold rainy day. That week, he and other members of the crew were told to go to the union hall because they were going to another job. They didn't work for two weeks. Lo and behold ,they were assigned back to the original job. They were basically "suspended" for two weeks.
Even in work, there is politics.
SO don't tell me you know everything.
Now, you will tell me you have never heard of such a thing. Were you an iron worker?
Here's another example. I have a friend who used to work for AT&T. He was involved in an auto accident. He was not injured but his car was. He called in spoke to his supervisor and told her of the incident. She told him to find a way to work or she would write him up.
He was a team leader and when he returned to work he was demoted. He complained to the union and of course there was "nothing they could do"...So why in this instance have a union represent workers when they can be subject to such an unfair treatment?
Now, that's not to say it is a "union" problem, but it exposes the frivolity of unions and how they decide to pick their battles.

And now we address the "lie" issue. You still have not shown where I made a deliberate and untrue statement regarding any issue here. You simply established in your mind that my statements were lies and elected to stick with that story.
Just because one thinks something is true ,does not make it so.
You have a problem. That is, when you have no rebuttal, you simply dismiss what others with whom you disagree and state they lied. That doggie don't hunt, pally.
Now, my participation with you in this discussion is terminated.
You may now have the last word. Go ahead. You cannot resist.
Have a nice day..DONE.

Rights are not absolute.

Wanna bet?...A long ago friend in New Jersey was at that time an iron worker. The job he was working was falling behind due to many factors. The Iron workers contract ,according to him was that they did not work during inclement weather where in the opinion of the foremen was a safety issue. My friend's crew elected to not work on a cold rainy day. That week, he and other members of the crew were told to go to the union hall because they were going to another job. They didn't work for two weeks. Lo and behold ,they were assigned back to the original job. They were basically "suspended" for two weeks.
Even in work, there is politics.
SO don't tell me you know everything.
Now, you will tell me you have never heard of such a thing. Were you an iron worker?
Here's another example. I have a friend who used to work for AT&T. He was involved in an auto accident. He was not injured but his car was. He called in spoke to his supervisor and told her of the incident. She told him to find a way to work or she would write him up.
He was a team leader and when he returned to work he was demoted. He complained to the union and of course there was "nothing they could do"...So why in this instance have a union represent workers when they can be subject to such an unfair treatment?
Now, that's not to say it is a "union" problem, but it exposes the frivolity of unions and how they decide to pick their battles.

And now we address the "lie" issue. You still have not shown where I made a deliberate and untrue statement regarding any issue here. You simply established in your mind that my statements were lies and elected to stick with that story.
Just because one thinks something is true ,does not make it so.
You have a problem. That is, when you have no rebuttal, you simply dismiss what others with whom you disagree and state they lied. That doggie don't hunt, pally.
Now, my participation with you in this discussion is terminated.
You may now have the last word. Go ahead. You cannot resist.
Have a nice day..DONE.

When you say,
"Now, my participation with you in this discussion is terminated.
You may now have the last word. Go ahead. You cannot resist."
what you are really saying is that "If I say it that way he will not respond so I will have the last word".

But since you are reading this (and I know for a fact that you will...lol) I want you to keep this in mind....

I will always debate my point of view with facts, especially if it is something I know a lot about like unions and local government. And I will not tolerate general, uninformed statements that do nothing more than disparage an entire group of hard working American citizens. Whenever you do that I will be there to defend American workers. So know now that you will not get away with it.

And no, I don't expect a response to this post since I'm sure you'll be pretending that you didn't read it. But we both know better, don't we?

Forum List

Back