Should OJ be Paroled?

Armed robbery and kidnapping. Tough charges. I think we would be better off with O.J. behind bars.

why?
Because he opted to use a gun.

no.. he allowed the other guys to use a gun. and I always thought the whole thing was payback for not being convicted of murder.

the fact that the prosecution put on an awful case shouldn't have been a basis for putting him away for something for which he was acquitted.

I'll also point out that the "victim" is testifying for him at the parole hearing

Armed robbery and kidnapping. Tough charges. I think we would be better off with O.J. behind bars.

why?

no.. he allowed the other guys to use a gun. and I always thought the whole thing was payback for not being convicted of murder.

the fact that the prosecution put on an awful case shouldn't have been a basis for putting him away for something for which he was acquitted.

I'll also point out that the "victim" is testifying for him at the parole hearing
Saying he allowed the other guys to use a gun would be a handy defense for mafia chiefs.

Based on his behavior as a prisoner, and based on the longevity of his sentence, yes, he does deserve to be paroled.

Based on his past history of getting away with murder, of course not.

Sorry.....being well behaved under 24/7 supervision, isolated from society is no measure of good behavior....

why?

Saying he allowed the other guys to use a gun would be a handy defense for mafia chiefs.

but that isn't the case here.... again, the "victim" testified for him.

Based on his behavior as a prisoner, and based on the longevity of his sentence, yes, he does deserve to be paroled.

Based on his past history of getting away with murder, of course not.

Sorry.....being well behaved under 24/7 supervision, isolated from society is no measure of good behavior....

I'm simply repeating what they have been saying about his incarceration.
I despise the guy and wish he would have died in jail, but based on the law and how he has behaved in prison I'm not surprised he's going to get out.
Hopefully a bus will hit him as he walks out the door.

He's free, right or wrong.

If he met the conditions then he should be free, no use having the waste of life living off the public dole.

He will be paroled, and under supervised release. He will receive and sign off on the Terms and Conditions of Parole, and be assigned a Parole Agent who will go over the T's & C's with him to make sure he understands them in detail.

Generally parolees are classified by risks and needs developed by the agent and his supervisor. A sex offender is an example of a person placed on Maximum supervision as can career criminals, they can be followed by teams of agents. Sex offenders can be placed on an electronic monitor with GPS. They are restricted from areas where victims may congregate - schools, playgrounds, malls, etc. -; OJ does not fit the category of either a sex offender of a career criminal.

He will likely be placed on a Medium level, seen at home once a month and in the office one or two times per month by his agent, and evaluated of any risks and needs during the first 6 months. At that time he may have his supervision schedule modified after case conferencing between the supervisor and the agent (and because of his celebrity the manager will likely have input throughout the process).

He will be paroled, and under supervised release. He will receive and sign off on the Terms and Conditions of Parole, and be assigned a Parole Agent who will go over the T's & C's with him to make sure he understands them in detail.

Generally parolees are classified by risks and needs developed by the agent and his supervisor. A sex offender is an example of a person placed on Maximum supervision as can career criminals, they can be followed by teams of agents. Sex offenders can be placed on an electronic monitor with GPS. They are restricted from areas where victims may congregate - schools, playgrounds, malls, etc. -; OJ does not fit the category of either a sex offender of a career criminal.

He will likely be placed on a Medium level, seen at home once a month and in the office one or two times per month by his agent, and evaluated of any risks and needs during the first 6 months. At that time he may have his supervision schedule modified after case conferencing between the supervisor and the agent (and because of his celebrity the manager will likely have input throughout the process).
/----/ So how is OJ going to earn a living? I can't see any company hiring him especially as a spokesman.

Forum List

Back