OJ Simpson's parole board hearing is televised.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
So what? I don't get it. Maybe on a "slow news day" it'd be worth airing the proceedings of the hearing. Barring that, the man is just like thousands of other individuals who each year have parole hearings.

At this point, OJ is just someone whose name is known by millions of people who are total strangers to him. Why those people give a wet rat's ass about the outcome of his parole hearing is beyond me. Are that many people so languorous that his parole hearing merits their interest, enough that news organizations feel covering the thing live will garner viewers?

OJ was at one time a vaunted sports and entertainment celebrity. He lost the honor of being held in that regard when he was convicted of felony in Nevada. And between then and now, he'd done nothing but sit in jail; thus he'd done nothing to re-earn that status. Accordingly, like every other potential parolee, even the ones who've, like him, behaved without incident while incarcerated, he does not deserve to be accorded the attention he's receiving. If he gets paroled, he does. If he doesn't, he doesn't. It will be what it will be.

So what? I don't get it. Maybe on a "slow news day" it'd be worth airing the proceedings of the hearing. Barring that, the man is just like thousands of other individuals who each year have parole hearings.

At this point, OJ is just someone whose name is known by millions of people who are total strangers to him. Why those people give a wet rat's ass about the outcome of his parole hearing is beyond me. Are that many people so languorous that his parole hearing merits their interest, enough that news organizations feel covering the thing live will garner viewers?

OJ was at one time a vaunted sports and entertainment celebrity. He lost the honor of being held in that regard when he was convicted of felony in Nevada. And between then and now, he'd done nothing but sit in jail; thus he'd done nothing to re-earn that status. Accordingly, like every other potential parolee, even the ones who've, like him, behaved without incident while incarcerated, he does not deserve to be accorded the attention he's receiving. If he gets paroled, he does. If he doesn't, he doesn't. It will be what it will be.
I agree. Believe it or not, I didn't even his follow his murder trial. Not into following the celebrity thing. News organizations are hoping people will be as fascinated as they were for the murder trial, but they won't be.
Parole hearings are very boring.

I agree. Believe it or not, I didn't even his follow his murder trial. Not into following the celebrity thing. News organizations are hoping people will be as fascinated as they were for the murder trial, but they won't be.

Even more boring when you can't leave the room, or turn the channel

his murder trial was the pinnacle of court TV

Forum List

Back