Should Obama listen to the King?

King Abdullah is afraid that he's next in ISIS's crosshairs, and that's why he's trying to goad the US into protecting him and his kingdom.

He's not any sort of unbiased expert in ME affairs, he's a politician who's biggest concern is keeping his kingdom. ISIS represents the House of Saud's biggest fear right now - a popular uprising against the royal family.
I agree. Any help he can get in neutralizing the threat of ISIS will benefit him too. However, that does not point to his knowing less about what's being set up than does Obama. His sources (are) likely...a) more numerous,. b) better placed, c) speak the language...substantially more aware of conditions than the White House.

and the king probably gets intelligence reports rather than waiting for some newspaper reports or hearing the news from Tommy Vitor [ the dude guy] .

King Abdullah is afraid that he's next in ISIS's crosshairs, and that's why he's trying to goad the US into protecting him and his kingdom.

He's not any sort of unbiased expert in ME affairs, he's a politician who's biggest concern is keeping his kingdom. ISIS represents the House of Saud's biggest fear right now - a popular uprising against the royal family.
I agree. Any help he can get in neutralizing the threat of ISIS will benefit him too. However, that does not point to his knowing less about what's being set up than does Obama. His sources (are) likely...a) more numerous,. b) better placed, c) speak the language...substantially more aware of conditions than the White House.

I doubt that the Saudi intelligence apparatus is anywhere near as informed as ours is - they likely get most of their intelligence from us, not the other way around.

I don't know , Saudi is right in the area of ' is ' operation plus the Saudi king knows his reputation amongst his enemies . I'd say that the king knows what is going on [guess] .

yes , I understand and the Saudi king knows his reputation amongst ' is ' . I think the king is very well informed concerning ' is ' and its goals and the king is better or at least as well informed as the USA .

because i think that danger to the House of saud is local , at least on the same continent while the USA has more cushion [miles and ocean] than Saudi Arabia has .

because i think that danger to the House of saud is local , at least on the same continent while the USA has more cushion [miles and ocean] than Saudi Arabia has .

We have a much, much larger intelligence network than they do. They're certainly in more direct danger from ISIS, but that doesn't mean they somehow know more about their plans than we do.

The reality check when it comes will be absolutely devastating to liberals. Perhaps it is time for all their dreams to be shattered.

Do you really think ISIS represents a popular uprising?

Do you really think ISIS represents a popular uprising?

Not exactly. They're a cult of personality built around Bahgdadi. But they exist because of power vacuums left by "popular uprisings".

I doubt that the Saudi intelligence apparatus is anywhere near as informed as ours is - they likely get most of their intelligence from us, not the other way around.
This reeks of pure speculation on your part. Do you have any information that might suggest this is the case? Saudi Arabia shares a long border with Iraq. Our on-the-ground intelligence has been reduced to essentially zero by the clown in the White House. MY speculation is that the Saudis have infinitely more knowledge of all things in the ME than do we.

Exactly! Saudi Arabia is in the neighborhood. And we have lost contact with our ground sources (snitches) in Iraq.

opinions Doctor , we just have different opinions .
Exactly! All sorts.
Regarding facts, we have speculative opinions and informed opinions, the latter of which more closely resembles the facts. I'm not claiming that I am right and the Doctor is wrong here...just that mine is more plausible (here).

While Obama attends one fundraiser after another...in between vacations and golf outings, the Jihadists plan to spread their terrorism to Europe and the USA. His appeasement of Muslims in general and his hesitancy to act forcefully RIGHT NOW will likely increase the effectiveness of the terrorists regarding attacks on American and European soils. Waiting until the midterm elections are over will not do.

This is no time for appeasement, diplomacy or procrastination. Get out the weapons we have available and strike ISIL in Syria and Iraq while we still have our heads.

Saudi king warns West will be jihadists next target - Yahoo News

Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) (AFP) - King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has warned that the West will be the next target of the jihadists sweeping through Syria and Iraq, unless there is "rapid" action.

"If we ignore them, I am sure they will reach Europe in a month and America in another month," he said in remarks quoted on Saturday by Asharq al-Awsat daily and Saudi-backed Al-Arabiya television station.

"Terrorism knows no border and its danger could affect several countries outside the Middle East," said the king who was speaking at a welcoming ceremony on Friday for new ambassadors, including a new envoy from Saudi ally the United States.

The Islamic State (IS) jihadist group has prompted widespread concern as it advances in both Syria and Iraq, killing hundreds of people, including in gruesome beheadings and mass executions.

Lack of action would be "unacceptable" in the face of the phenomenon, King Abdullah said.

Let us be very clear about this, killing a few of these crazy people is not going to stop these radicals. We can either follow a policy that isolates them and keeps them out of this country, or we can completely destroy them by committing genocide against approximately 200 million of them. In honesty, the ladder will probably happen at some point in the future, but we really should try other options first. As some may think this is crazy to discuss the extermination of up to 200 million people or more, the fact is that once these radicals begin to truly threaten Europe, Europeans will revolt against them. This won't happen in our lifetime, but it won't be much further out.

While Obama attends one fundraiser after another...in between vacations and golf outings, the Jihadists plan to spread their terrorism to Europe and the USA. His appeasement of Muslims in general and his hesitancy to act forcefully RIGHT NOW will likely increase the effectiveness of the terrorists regarding attacks on American and European soils. Waiting until the midterm elections are over will not do.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

This is no time for appeasement, diplomacy or procrastination. Get out the weapons we have available and strike ISIL in Syria and Iraq while we still have our heads.

No, this is no time for this type of fear-mongering and hysteria.

Saudi king warns West will be jihadists next target - Yahoo News

Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) (AFP) - King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has warned that the West will be the next target of the jihadists sweeping through Syria and Iraq, unless there is "rapid" action.

"If we ignore them, I am sure they will reach Europe in a month and America in another month," he said in remarks quoted on Saturday by Asharq al-Awsat daily and Saudi-backed Al-Arabiya television station.

"Terrorism knows no border and its danger could affect several countries outside the Middle East," said the king who was speaking at a welcoming ceremony on Friday for new ambassadors, including a new envoy from Saudi ally the United States.

The Islamic State (IS) jihadist group has prompted widespread concern as it advances in both Syria and Iraq, killing hundreds of people, including in gruesome beheadings and mass executions.

Lack of action would be "unacceptable" in the face of the phenomenon, King Abdullah said.

Let us be very clear about this, killing a few of these crazy people is not going to stop these radicals. We can either follow a policy that isolates them and keeps them out of this country, or we can completely destroy them by committing genocide against approximately 200 million of them. .....
I agree with your solution. Kill then ALL...and their children! At some point it becomes necessary to scrape the rust off the ship...or let it sink!

Collateral damage is inevitable. God will sort them out!

While this may may sound cruel and inhumane (because of the collateral damage), it is much less so than the killing of millions of innocent people by political tyrants throughout history.

Mass killings under Communist regimes - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Mass killings occurred under some Communist regimes during the twentieth century with an estimated death toll numbering between 85 and 100 million.[1]

List of genocides by death toll - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The following list of genocides and alleged genocides should be understood in this context and not necessarily regarded as the final word on the events in question. The list needs to be updated, as, for example, Mao Zedong is believed to be responsible for 34,300,000–63,784,000 deaths and Joseph Stalin for 23,000,000–60,000,000.

.....In honesty, the latter will probably happen at some point in the future, but we really should try other options first. As some may think this is crazy to discuss the extermination of up to 200 million people or more, the fact is that once these radicals begin to truly threaten Europe, Europeans will revolt against them. This won't happen in our lifetime, but it won't be much further out.

I don't agree here. Europe (and the rest of the world) is truly threatened already...and a disarmed populace will be slaughtered in a revolt against heavily armed ISIS.

...and BTW, there is no way to keep them out of this country.

Forum List

Back