Where are the hardest places to live in the US?

Pretty interesting map :thup:

It's oversimplified of course but mine's supposedly about 60% of the way down the list. But on the other hand I have a dark sky at night, lots of land, absolute quiet and lots of room in a cheap house with four identifiable seasons. Think I'm stayin'.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/26/u...3&kwp_1=66938&kwp_4=22049&_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1

This is some incredibly eye opening information. Where does your county? Mine is in the top 20 in the country.

Don't you think its just a little odd that the Northern-most county in Alaska, above the arctic circle is ranked about as easy to live in as Hawaii?
Look at the criteria they use

Yes that's my point.

The criteria they used allows Northern-most Alaska which is in near total darkness half the year, to be just as easy to live in as Hawaii?

Ridiculous.

Medium orange; I'm happy. I thought we would be dark orange.

Bah.

My $100 is worth $112.

In New York that same $100 is worth $88.

Map How much 100 is really worth in every state - The Washington Post
Not living in Mississippi is worth the extra expense for me.

I love Mississippi, awesome state, great people...also the most racially diverse state...38% African American.

I have not lived in MS.

I used to drive through it though, occasionally stopping somewhere off IH 55 (Hattisburg, Jackson, Biloxi) surrounded by miles, and MILES of nothing but pine trees. The only thing that impressed me was the amazingly beautiful women....it was almost like they were cloning them in some secret laboratory behind the thick piney veil.

With a few exceptions, the map shows where people make the most money in the USA.

My county, Boulder, CO is ranked 38, and is surrounded by counties similarly populated by The Wealthy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/26/u...3&kwp_1=66938&kwp_4=22049&_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1

This is some incredibly eye opening information. Where does your county? Mine is in the top 20 in the country.

This a PERFECT example of how completely OUT OF TOUCH big city media outlets are with the rest of the United States.

The biggest SHITHOLES in the United States are all big city metropolitan areas, such as (in no particular order):

Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Boston, Memphis, Milwaukee, and several other bottom-feeding cities too numerous to mention.

NOBODY in ANY of these cesspool cities would last more than a few days, if the economy tanked and/or a major nationwide terrorist situation occurred, and they had to venture out into the REAL WORLD to survive.

With a few exceptions, the map shows where people make the most money in the USA.

My county, Boulder, CO is ranked 38, and is surrounded by counties similarly populated by The Wealthy.

I have a friend from college that lives there, works for NARF. My county is also beautiful, as long as poverty, wildfires, tropical storms (also in the top 20 in thunderstorm activity in the US), flooding, and a few other minor problems are ignored.

This a PERFECT example of how completely OUT OF TOUCH big city media outlets are with the rest of the United States.

The biggest SHITHOLES in the United States are all big city metropolitan areas, such as (in no particular order):

Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Boston, Memphis, Milwaukee, and several other bottom-feeding cities too numerous to mention.

NOBODY in ANY of these cesspool cities would last more than a few days, if the economy tanked and/or a major nationwide terrorist situation occurred, and they had to venture out into the REAL WORLD to survive.

Hey they rated NH pretty well.

Is there a city in NH?

Forum List

Back