Should national election day be moved to the weekend or made a holiday?

Should national election day be moved ?

• It should stay where its at

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Should be moved to a weekend

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Should stay where its at but be made into a national holiday.

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
What fantasy land you live in? That's like saying "You can't be murdered". Yes, there are laws against it - but it still happens!

Especially if you live in a so-called "right to work" state.

Wo do you think the judge will believe? The wage employee, who claims he was fired for taking time off work to vote - or the boss (who donates to his campaign fund) who says that he fired you for being lazy and insubordinate?

"right to work" means the boss has the "right to fire" you for just about ANYTHING - this means that it makes it all the more easier to fire you for the few things he's not allowed to fire you for.

DUH

Real world.

welcome to it!

What dumbass land are you from?

Polls open early and stay open late. No one needs to leave/skip work to vote.

wow, just fucking wow

Must be nice to have never had to work a 12 hour shift in your life.

I have done 24 hour and 48 hour shifts, I still don't see a reason to switch to Saturday.

Apparently, you don't either, other than the fact that you think Tuesday voting is old fashioned.

What fantasy land you live in? That's like saying "You can't be murdered". Yes, there are laws against it - but it still happens!

Especially if you live in a so-called "right to work" state.

Wo do you think the judge will believe? The wage employee, who claims he was fired for taking time off work to vote - or the boss (who donates to his campaign fund) who says that he fired you for being lazy and insubordinate?

"right to work" means the boss has the "right to fire" you for just about ANYTHING - this means that it makes it all the more easier to fire you for the few things he's not allowed to fire you for.

DUH

Real world.

welcome to it!

wow, just fucking wow

I always mail in my vote to where I don't have to show up at any precinct....it's called an "ABSENTEE BALLOT" you should check it out. :eusa_whistle:

I can see the justification for making it a holiday, but early voting and no-excuse absentee voting serve the same purpose. States that don't have those things should implement them.

wow, just fucking wow

I always mail in my vote to where I don't have to show up at any precinct....it's called an "ABSENTEE BALLOT" you should check it out. :eusa_whistle:

Some states only allow absentee ballots under a very narrow set of circumstances.

Should national election day be moved to the weekend?

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

YES. Tuesday as national voting day is way out dated. Sorry but how many of you live on farms? How many of you that do live on farms require more than a day to get to the nearest voting booth?

Voting day should obviously be on a Saturday - or at least made a national holiday.

It doesn't take a day to get from anywhere to a voting booth.

And farmers don't have days off.

krist

only liberals would demand a day off to take 10 minutes to vote.
Nobody is demanding anything and it only takes ten minutes to vote if you happen to work close to where you have to vote. That does not apply to a great many people.

Connecticut is a D state through and through, just like California, yet it does not allow early voting or no excuse absentee voting.

As fro your links, why do I need to do anything? I am not defending Republicans, I am just calling you on being a hack.

History and Constitutionality of Early Voting in Connecticut

Come to think of it, Massachusetts doesn't allow early voting either. Why is that? Do you think the 3 Republicans that live up there are stopping it?

Some states only allow absentee ballots under a very narrow set of circumstances.

None of those states actually require you to prove that those circumstances actually apply to you. That would violate federal election laws.

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

YES. Tuesday as national voting day is way out dated. Sorry but how many of you live on farms? How many of you that do live on farms require more than a day to get to the nearest voting booth?

Voting day should obviously be on a Saturday - or at least made a national holiday.

Why change it? Do you have something against farmers voting in elections? Do you think more people will show up if it is a weekend? People travel on weekends, they aren't going to not travel simply because there is an election.

Making it a holiday is even dumber than moving it to a weekend. Sotres would start having election day sales and people would go shopping instead.

That's pretty fuckin' lazy!!!!

eusa_doh.gif

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

GOP would never allow this because low voter turnout usually means more GOP victories.

How does the election being on Tuesday lower turnout?

When you're old-enough to be self-supporting, you'll understand.

eusa_doh.gif

Connecticut is a D state through and through, just like California, yet it does not allow early voting or no excuse absentee voting.

As fro your links, why do I need to do anything? I am not defending Republicans, I am just calling you on being a hack.

Come to think of it, Massachusetts doesn't allow early voting either. Why is that? Do you think the 3 Republicans that live up there are stopping it?

The measures in the OP in which I said the GOP would fight against were for Election Day being a National Holiday or a on a weekend day.

Why should I need to do explain anything regarding how individual states approach voting?

I'm not defending Democrats, I'm just attacking Republicans. See how that works?

It's funny that you call me a hack after you tried to pull a red herring about a vote that "just" happened, wasn't about making election day a holiday or changing it to a weekend, and are unwilling to provide a breakdown of said vote you are alluding to.

You then dig yourself in even deeper by refusing to answer what I put forward (with an actual link and a party vote breakdown).

And you call me the hack.

TFF.

None of those states actually require you to prove that those circumstances actually apply to you. That would violate federal election laws.

You mean like how Connecticut works?

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

EDIT: I should have added another option "leave it to the states to decide"

I vote naked in bed..... no need to go to a polling place.

Its called absentee voter forms that you drop in the mail.

AND.... do you know how much wasted money...not to mention confusion changing something like that would cause?

Why change it? Do you have something against farmers voting in elections? Do you think more people will show up if it is a weekend? People travel on weekends, they aren't going to not travel simply because there is an election.

Making it a holiday is even dumber than moving it to a weekend. Sotres would start having election day sales and people would go shopping instead.

It might not suit your enlightened point of view, but it fracking works, so leave it the frack alone.

Wow, talk about drawing long bows. What a load of shit...so having it during the week helps those who are doing long shifts or can't get to the polls? In Aus and NZ is it on a Sat...much bigger turn out....having it during the working week is just stupid. Mind you, a huge chunk of your political system is stupid...so there ya go....:cool:

And yet, in Britain, it's always on a weekday - but they don't have a set date for it.... although the coalition government has tried to change that by announcing the date of the next election already.

Also, I find it fascinating how easily you challenge any right wing perspective and yet give a total pass to the asinine remarks from the left. Why is that? They make shit up and you just stroll past... the right say anything and you're all over it like white on rice. Pity... you're a logical person... it would be cool if you could apply that logic to the left as well as you do the right.

gop_cry1.jpg

They don't need to demand you prove it at the time of filing, because you've already broken another law by lying on the form. They could then investigate on that basis. Does that happen in practice? No, but most people aren't going to chance it.

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

The GOP have been blocking both options for years. They know most Dems have jobs that conflict with voting and more republicans are lazy slackers, just look at the size of their leader's audience in the middle of the work day. Their MessiahRushie claims at times to have more than 40 million listeners only 20% of whom he says are Libs. That's a lot of "non-working eaters" as he likes to call them, who have no conflict between voting and a job.

As long as the GOP can filibuster, voting will never be a national holiday or get moved to the weekend.

You're an idiot. How can republicans be both the 1% and bums? And if we were bums why the hell would we want to end entitlements?

Rush on that faggot

The measures in the OP in which I said the GOP would fight against were for Election Day being a National Holiday or a on a weekend day.

Why should I need to do explain anything regarding how individual states approach voting?

I'm not defending Democrats, I'm just attacking Republicans. See how that works?

It's funny that you call me a hack after you tried to pull a red herring about a vote that "just" happened, wasn't about making election day a holiday or changing it to a weekend, and are unwilling to provide a breakdown of said vote you are alluding to.

You then dig yourself in even deeper by refusing to answer what I put forward (with an actual link and a party vote breakdown).

And you call me the hack.

TFF.

And I asked you if the Democrats would ever do anything like that. In my opinion, allowing early voting is a lot more sensible than changing the day elections are held, so I pointed out that Democrats have no problem denying early voting.

I did provide a link to a few examples of Connecticut considering early voting, and it dying in committee. If you want to try to argue that the legislature in Connecticut is dominated by Republicans feel free.

That makes you the hack, not me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back