A Real American Hero: Illinois Rep Mike Bost Explodes On House Floor...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
What has happened to the Democrats? Not allowing Representatives to read Legislation before voting on it, is as Un-American as it gets. Kudos Mr. Bost. We hear ya.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h19FZtDprd0]Illinois rep EXPLODES on the House floor! IT's ALL FALLING APART... - YouTube[/ame]

Wouldn't it be great if our Representatives actually read the Legislation they were voting on? We wouldn't be in this awful mess if that were the case.

k0vPX.png

ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASS! I HATE IT SO MUCH! I... SPIT ON IT!

k0vPX.png

He had every right to be upset...didn't you listen where he was lamenting that he had to make a choice for his constituients, and changing the bill at the last minute wasn't the way to do it?

FOCUS dumbass...FOCUS.

What the fuck do you think happens to almost every single bill? It gets butchered up and organs rearranged all the fucking time to try and please people.

I can't count the number of bills that your asshole ideologues have butchered and thus caused to fail. Good bills too.

Last edited:
k0vPX.png

He had every right to be upset...didn't you listen where he was lamenting that he had to make a choice for his constituients, and changing the bill at the last minute wasn't the way to do it?

FOCUS dumbass...FOCUS.

What the fuck do you think happens to almost every single bill? It gets butchered up and organs rearranged all the fucking time to try and please people.

So change the RULES last minute is equitable because it might lose?

YOU are dillusional.:cuckoo:

FOCUS dumbass...FOCUS.

Where did you go to school?

Where did you go to school?

NONE of your business. Now answer the post or shut up CowFart.:eusa_hand:

NO diversions here boy.

Imagine a day when Politicians actually read Legislation before voting on it. It's easy if you try. You, you may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one.

Wouldn't it be great if our Representatives actually read the Legislation they were voting on? We wouldn't be in this awful mess if that were the case.

But, if people read it they'll see all the crap thrown in each bill. They prefer blind obedience. It's like the writers of the bills, like the health care, don't want congress to be in the loop. Obama would probably keep congress out of all the policy making if he could. That's what his czars are for.

We elect them to do a job. If a person in any other job went about things the way they do, they'd be firing for incompetence. It's completely assinine to demand that people vote on the unknown and simply follow party lines.

They love using the same old tactic. Write an education bill that has little to do with improving education, then load the bill with millions in stupid pork spending. Then, when the wise ones refuse to vote for it, the other side claims they are against education.

Of course, the ones like Pelosi prefer to vote on the mystery bills and find out what's in them after they passed.

But, don't you see? We must pass the bill so we can see what's in it!

This guy gets it. Why aren't more standing up like him?

Yeah I saw this...and he's correct in his outrage.

Change the rules/Bill just before a vote...sounds oddly familiar.:eusa_whistle:
k0vPX.png

FOCUS dumbass...FOCUS.

Imagine a day when Politicians actually read Legislation before voting on it. It's easy if you try. You, you may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one.

But, if people read it they'll see all the crap thrown in each bill. They prefer blind obedience. It's like the writers of the bills, like the health care, don't want congress to be in the loop. Obama would probably keep congress out of all the policy making if he could. That's what his czars are for.

We elect them to do a job. If a person in any other job went about things the way they do, they'd be firing for incompetence. It's completely assinine to demand that people vote on the unknown and simply follow party lines.

They love using the same old tactic. Write an education bill that has little to do with improving education, then load the bill with millions in stupid pork spending. Then, when the wise ones refuse to vote for it, the other side claims they are against education.

Of course, the ones like Pelosi prefer to vote on the mystery bills and find out what's in them after they passed.

He acknowledged voting in 1995 in favor of the rule used to block debate, which was sponsored by Republicans. Bost now says he didn't fully understand it and called his vote a mistake.

I wonder if he did anything earlier to try to rectify the situation he helped put in place in 1995, or did he jump straight to shouting mode?

Don't really know how to reconcile that with: "Let my people go!" he yelled. "They sent me here to vote for them ... but I'm trapped. I'm trapped by rules that have been forced down our throats."

At all.

k0vPX.png

FOCUS dumbass...FOCUS.

I can't count the number of bills that your asshole ideologues have butchered and thus caused to fail. Good bills too.

SO that makes it ok? To pass laws that affect the people without an understanding what is being passed?
Shameful....Shame on you and anyone who excuses this garbage.

Forum List

Back