Should Nancy Pelosi be the New Democratic House Speaker?

Impeachment hearings would just be a form of harassment and would produce gridlock in the House, so in two years the Democrats who come from purple districts will have to defend their decision to produce gridlock and will give the House back to the Democrats.

You want to just give Trump and his mafia a free pass?
lol There's nothing the Democrats can do but harass him and produce gridlock that will give the House back to the Republicans.

How could you possibly know that - especially without knowing what House investigations and what Mueller will provide?
The House doesn't have the power to do anything but harass the President and produce gridlock if they go after him.
Au contraire... the House controls The Purse.
Not exactly. Revenue bills must originate in the House, but they don't become law unless they pass in the Senate and are signed by the President; hence gridlock if the Democrats spent their time going after the President.

Can't they make anyone speaker? How about Mueller?

bitchfaceeagle.gif
Mueller is a Republican

Trump should consider him for Attorney General
I hear the post is vacant

On the one hand you say Pelosi should be Speaker because you think she is a slick politician but on the other hand you don't trust her judgement on which issues are most important.

I still remember when she said impeachment of President George W. Bush was OFF the table. I don't want Trump to be OFF the table - on anything.
Impeachment hearings would just be a form of harassment and would produce gridlock in the House, so in two years the Democrats who come from purple districts will have to defend their decision to produce gridlock and will give the House back to the Democrats.

lol There's nothing the Democrats can do but harass him and produce gridlock that will give the House back to the Republicans.

How could you possibly know that - especially without knowing what House investigations and what Mueller will provide?

We already had House investigations. They found nothing because there is nothing

The House doesn't have the power to do anything but harass the President and produce gridlock if they go after him.
Au contraire... the House controls The Purse.

Please. When was the last time the House, under either party, controlled the purse? They spend all day and all night

I still remember when she said impeachment of President George W. Bush was OFF the table. I don't want Trump to be OFF the table - on anything.

We already had House investigations. They found nothing because there is nothing
Interesting claim

But Nunes blocked the testimony of some witnesses, he obstructed parts of the investigation and wrote a one sided report

Now we will get to see what Nunes did not want to be seen

I think so. I admit that she comes across as somewhat goofy in interviews - but she's experienced, smart, and very effective. She gets results. She remembers Nixon and Watergate. HOWEVER, I believe she should be forced to clarify her positions on how she will lead the House before she is voted on - especially on all things Trump.

What do you think?

If the democrats you with her, they haven't learned anything and are still dinosaurs.

Well, NaziCon clowns still have asshole McConnell - but he is very effective for NaziCon agendas.

Interesting claim

But Nunes blocked the testimony of some witnesses, he obstructed parts of the investigation and wrote a one sided report

Now we will get to see what Nunes did not want to be seen

Nunes also refused to issue subpoenas.

I think so. I admit that she comes across as somewhat goofy in interviews - but she's experienced, smart, and very effective. She gets results. She remembers Nixon and Watergate. HOWEVER, I believe she should be forced to clarify her positions on how she will lead the House before she is voted on - especially on all things Trump.

What do you think?

If the democrats you with her, they haven't learned anything and are still dinosaurs.

Well, NaziCon clowns still have asshole McConnell - but he is very effective for NaziCon agendas.

Whaddabout diversion noted.

Trump is the result of discontent on the Republican side. Will the democrats learn in time or disintegrate?

What do you think?

Whaddabout diversion noted.

Trump is the result of discontent on the Republican side. Will the democrats learn in time or disintegrate?

Who would you like as House Speaker?

What do you think?

Not up to us anymore is it? It's really in the hands of 435 badly partisan and widely fractured political creatures.

And there may not be a Pelosi as Speaker of the House. Because even with the margin they won, too many of the DEMS are now pledged against her... Fully 1/3 of the non-incumbent Dems running before the election OPPOSED her.

So the Repubs are perfectly free to "prank that vote".. And Pelosi will have to bully, blackmail and otherwise beat the crap of the newbies to get them in line BEHIND the scenes. She's not gonna run unopposed, because she'd never get a majority that way.

And the Repubs would at the MINIMUM be in a position to help depose her (of course they would LIKE TO -- but maybe she's their biggest asset) -- if 10 Repub members put one of her opponent "over the line" for 50% of the vote.

But -- even worse -- if no Repubs cross over -- there may never BE a new Speaker of the House (50% point never crossed) and Pelosi would have to do the predictable Demo tyrant method of "postponing" the decision and just take the gavel. That's more likely than most people realize at the moment if the Dems don't SERIOUSLY consider a "fair opponent" and dispose her...

Ask a grassroot Repub. Would a sitting Repub Representative voting for an opponent of DingBat Pelosi and helping to dispose her -- hurt their re-election chances or make them a NATIONAL HERO worthy of parades and celebrations???

I think they would be a hero to the MAJORITY of American voters of many types. AND even tho the GOP can't use her as that red bull flag to their base -- there'd still be plenty of whackodoodles to use as targets in 2020..

What do you think?

Not up to us anymore is it? It's really in the hands of 435 badly partisan and widely fractured political creatures.

And there may not be a Pelosi as Speaker of the House. Because even with the margin they won, too many of the DEMS are now pledged against her... Fully 1/3 of the non-incumbent Dems running before the election OPPOSED her.

So the Repubs are perfectly free to "prank that vote".. And Pelosi will have to bully, blackmail and otherwise beat the crap of the newbies to get them in line BEHIND the scenes. She's not gonna run unopposed, because she'd never get a majority that way.

And the Repubs would at the MINIMUM be in a position to help depose her (of course they would LIKE TO -- but maybe she's their biggest asset) -- if 10 Repub members put one of her opponent "over the line" for 50% of the vote.

But -- even worse -- if no Repubs cross over -- there may never BE a new Speaker of the House (50% point never crossed) and Pelosi would have to do the predictable Demo tyrant method of "postponing" the decision and just take the gavel. That's more likely than most people realize at the moment if the Dems don't SERIOUSLY consider a "fair opponent" and dispose her...
Pelosi always seems to come out on top of these things

Ask a grassroot Repub. Would a sitting Repub Representative voting for an opponent of DingBat Pelosi and helping to dispose her -- hurt their re-election chances or make them a NATIONAL HERO worthy of parades and celebrations???

I think they would be a hero to the MAJORITY of American voters of many types. AND even tho the GOP can't use her as that red bull flag to their base -- there'd still be plenty of whackodoodles to use as targets in 2020..
Republicans always seem to find a new target of their vitriol

Can’t run against Hillary forever

What do you think?

Pelosi always seems to come out on top of these things

Because no Dem Representative wants to be seated in suburban Maryland and watch the House action on CSPAN.. That's why. They are all her bitches.

And THAT is not how Congress was conceived or designed.. Originally the Speaker was an honorary position, given out of respect and demonstrated ability to solve complex issues -- AND it held little power.. Today -- it's full on majesty of power.

Republicans always seem to find a new target of their vitriol

Can’t run against Hillary forever

Won't need to. The supply of stupidity is virtually inexhaustible.. And with the Dems blowing off their own feet so often now -- not many will be able to walk -- much less RUN -- in 2020.. :banana:

Forum List

Back