Should Muller's investigation include Trump's financial history?

The fact is Muller's mandate is to complete Comey's investigation, Comey said publicly that Trump was not a target of that investigation. You just keep lying your ass off claiming he somehow was and if Muller goes in the direction you indicate he is going outside his authority and congress should put a stop to it.

why don't you read the mandate for mueller and post it.

it says NOTHING ABOUT COMEY.... you just lied lied and lied.

This is a post I made in response to this same insane OP yesterday.

I did, this is the authority given him:

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump;

and (ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation;

and (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a) allows for prosecution of very specific matters related to the investigation. Primarily attempts to deceive or obstruct the investigators. Other than that there is no underlying crime, unless a conspiracy to enable Russia's cyber campaign against the DNC can be demonstrated. To my knowledge no one in authority has alleged that happened, in fact they've said the opposite.

§ 600.4 Jurisdiction.
(a)Original jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall be established by the Attorney General. The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

So the investigation is limited to the campaign and people associated with it in connection with coordination with the Russian government.

Now for your apology.

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Appointment of Special Counsel
Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein today announced the appointment of former Department of Justice official and FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III to serve as Special Counsel to oversee the previously-confirmed FBI investigation of Russian government efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election and related matters.

“In my capacity as acting Attorney General, I determined that it is in the public interest for me to exercise my authority and appoint a Special Counsel to assume responsibility for this matter,” said Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein. “My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted. I have made no such determination. What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command.”

Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein added, “Each year, the career professionals of the U.S. Department of Justice conduct tens of thousands of criminal investigations and handle countless other matters without regard to partisan political considerations. I have great confidence in the independence and integrity of our people and our processes. Considering the unique circumstances of this matter, however, I determined that a Special Counsel is necessary in order for the American people to have full confidence in the outcome. Our nation is grounded on the rule of law, and the public must be assured that government officials administer the law fairly. Special Counsel Mueller will have all appropriate resources to conduct a thorough and complete investigation, and I am confident that he will follow the facts, apply the law and reach a just result.”

Special Counsel Mueller has agreed to resign from his private law firm in order to avoid any conflicts of interest with firm clients or attorneys.

A copy of the order is attached.

----------------------------------------------------------

if you click on the link for the actual order, it mentions Comey ONLY as verification that there was an investigation going on NOT that Mueller was LIMITED to ONLY what Comey had discovered SO FAR as YOU CLAIMED.

ORDER NO. 3915-2017
APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL
TO INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE WITH THE
2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND RELATED MATTERS
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C. §§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian govemmenfs efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as follows:
(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed t() serve as Specia] Counsel for the United States
Department of Justice.
(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI
Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i)
any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii)
any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is
authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

(d) Sections 600.4 through 600. l 0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are
applicable to the Special Counsel.

You called me a liar, saying Comey's investigation wasn't mentioned in the authorization letter. This is exactly what you said:
why don't you read the mandate for mueller and post it.

it says NOTHING ABOUT COMEY.... you just lied lied and lied.

You just proved yourself a liar as did I in my original reply. Now you don't have the common decency to apologize. What a fucking scumbag you must be.

I was wrong about Comey being mentioned and you were right ON THAT PART of your diatribe,

and as you can see by what I came back and posted from the Justice department site on it, there was absolutely no mention in their Public Announcement on the appointment, there was NO MENTION of Comey, and this is where I got it from....

But then when I clicked on the link to the actual order, it did mention that he was to be the special counsel over the Russian investigation and possible Trump campaign coordination with them that Comey had started, and testified under on March 20th.

Your claim that Mueller can not go beyond what Comey had found so far is simply NOT TRUE...it's FALSE, it's a LIE.

Mueller can go and investigate anywhere the investigation leads him.

So you think compounding your lie is a good idea, feel free to point where I said he can't go beyond what Comey found. I said the authorization letter limited the scope of the investigation to the campaign associates identified in Comey's testimony, both public and classified. I clearly pointed that out in post 414 with references to the authorization letter. Now run along you illiterate lying scumbag.

Your claim that Mueller can not go beyond what Comey had found so far is simply NOT TRUE...it's FALSE, it's a LIE.
Mueller can go and investigate anywhere the investigation leads him.

Actually, it is a very safe bet that Mueller is ALSO checking out the WHY Comey was fired so abruptly after being told to go "easy on Flynn."

Forum List

Back