CDZ Should Men Have “Abortion Rights”?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Vastator, Oct 6, 2017.

1. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,636
    I support the right of pregnant men to abort their pregnancy

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Vastator

Vastator Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,915
    While funny; the point of the thread; is to question whether men also should have a right, to absolve themselves of responsibility regarding a pregnancy.

3. JoeMoma

JoeMoma Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,041
    I've had this discussion before with other's. I find it ironic that many of the same people that strongly defend a woman's right to abort for any reason will say that men need to keep their pants on if they don't want to be responsible for raising a child. In other words, the many of same arguments that pro-lifers use against a woman's "right" to abortion, they use against the men.

4. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,243

How do you define the man? Because he has hair on his face? A deep voice? A penis? What if he is a transgender or a hermaphrodite? Considering that NYC now legally recognizes 20 different sexual orientations, I'm not so sure anymore if we can even tell who is the man or woman, much less who is actually pregnant!

5. MarkDuffy

MarkDuffy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,358
    This is a very good point!

6. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,256
    So many of our social ills stem from fatherless children. So much so one could almost make a case that men who do not intend to be a father to the children they sire, should be permitted to request an abortion and if the answer is no, absolved from any responsibility.

That of course, is the incorrect answer.

If you have character and honor even if it is with no one else but yourself, you will be a man and step up and take care of the children you sire. This is a character issue that is beyond what the woman wants or decides. It starts with you first.

Skull Pilot is correct. If you do not want to be saddled with a child, then you must take control of the birth control issue. Personal responsibility means that you don't get to say, "oops".

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vastator

Vastator Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,915
    Such legislation also offers men a legal recourse in the event of “sperm jacking”, or a failure of birth control.

8. Vastator

Vastator Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,915
    I don’t disagree with you. However this is an issue of equality before the law.

9. MarkDuffy

MarkDuffy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,358
    Case 1 & 2 ~ Both either want to keep the pregnancy or both want to abort. I would assume these are the most by far.

Case 3) ~ The woman wants to abort. It doesn't matter what the male wants, he loses. She decides.

Of course there is a possibility here that the man wants to buy the baby. She agrees carries and gives it to him. She no longer has responsibility. Lots of legal papers filed. Lawyers get rich.

This case also has another exception. If mother agrees to carry to term for father and give it to him, she reserves the right to change her mind during pregnancy and keep the child.

Case 4) ~ The woman wants to keep, the male does not. This is the case of the OP.

Does the male have a right to demand an abortion? I think so! If woman sez no and keeps, the man is no longer responsible. Same exceptions if woman wants to buy the baby.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  10. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,636
    oh----I missed the point. My answer is no. Abortion is a serious attack on a woman's body and psyche. ------it does not
    END with the termination of the pregnancy------all that being
    true ----I am still "pro-choice" ----for the pregnant person