Should Islam be allowed to build a Mosque near ground zero? Why?

I also said HORSESHIT

And now you get to prove it.

Question. If this mosque gets built, will my wife and I be allowed to visit, and if so will she have to enter through the back door like a 5th century servant? Will your religious police attempt to whip her if she isn't dressed to your standards?
Under most interpretations of Islamic law, non-Muslims may be allowed into mosques, as long as they do not sleep or eat there. A dissenting opinion is presented by followers of the Maliki school of Islamic jurisprudence, who argue that non-Muslims may not be allowed into mosques under any circumstances.
Mosque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, no picnicking or camping out.

Did the people who are building the mosque?

The question is are they going to?

So you would ban the building of mosques anywhere in America, ever, on the grounds that somebody who went to a mosque might kill someone someday?

Is that your position?

Have I ever once said they should not be allowed too build their mosque? But I find it suspicious that they would want to build in that location.

Religious freedom does NOT guarantee you can build a church any fucking place you like.

How many of you people have actually attended school? Because this is a really simple concept, and it seems to be beyond the leftist mind.
No, but you can't prevent them from building because of their religious denomination. Any attempt by the city would be blocked by the courts as either a violation of the Constitution, federal, or state law.

Nobody objects based upon religion.

They object based on the fact that terrorists are funding it and it represents a HUGE safety risk.
If a law was passed that prevented them from building, because they are terrorist organization and not a religion, then that might work however, I kind that might be hard to prove in a court of law.

We should have a right to build wherever we want on whatever property we want.

Yes, but we do not. I find myself wondering why the same people who support the right of Park51 to develop their private property into a mosque/cultural center/whatever oppose the right of WalMart to build a store on property they own.

Republicans Seek to Make Ground Zero Mosque an Issue in November Elections - Bloomberg

Quinn, Labor Activists To Wal-Mart: FUHGEDDABOUTDIT! - Updated

Did the people who are building the mosque?

The question is are they going to?

So you would ban the building of mosques anywhere in America, ever, on the grounds that somebody who went to a mosque might kill someone someday?

Is that your position?
I doubt it is.

But this particular mosque, funded by these particular people, in this particular place, slated to open on this particular day (9/11/11) represents one thing and one thing only...Islamic dominance of America.

Fuck their mosque. If it's really all about "healing wounds" (ha) let them open a community center and mosque somewhere that will benefit from it.

No, but you can't prevent them from building because of their religious denomination. Any attempt by the city would be blocked by the courts as either a violation of the Constitution, federal, or state law.

Nobody objects based upon religion.

They object based on the fact that terrorists are funding it and it represents a HUGE safety risk.
If a law was passed that prevented them from building, because they are terrorist organization and not a religion, then that might work however, I kind that might be hard to prove in a court of law.

A court of law isn't where it is decided. It's decided by the Port Authority.

Besides, it wouldn't be difficult at all to prove it in a court of law.

Yes, but we do not. I find myself wondering why the same people who support the right of Park51 to develop their private property into a mosque/cultural center/whatever oppose the right of WalMart to build a store on property they own.

Republicans Seek to Make Ground Zero Mosque an Issue in November Elections - Bloomberg

The same group of people?

Judging from the posts on this board, I think there are a lot of people on right and left that believe they have the legal right to build there, but should not do so.

The same group of people?

Judging from the posts on this board, I think there are a lot of people on right and left that believe they have the legal right to build there, but should not do so.

Did you just ignore the two links I posted?

The question my child is why shouldn't they be able to build their Mosque? Is it because right-wing rectal passages like you despise Islam? I think so.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The 14th Amendment, whose Due Process Clause prohibits state and local governments from depriving people (individual and corporate) of life, liberty, or property without certain steps being taken. This clause has been used to make most of the Bill of Rights applicable to the states, as well as to recognize substantive rights and procedural rights.

(btw no one has ever considered Wry Catcher a RWer)

The answer is obvious, at least for non-hypocrits who support the Constitution.

Nobody is preventing Muslims from practicing their religion. They can shout it from the rooftops.

But there's no constitutional right to slap a building of any kind anywhere you want to.

Tell that to the muslim gals that are routinely killed by relatives as "honor killings"....

So because some Muslims commit murder we shouldn't allow other Muslims to build a mosque? I don't follow the logic.

The "logic" is that they can't be trusted. They say its a "mosque" but its probably a tribute to the terrorist murderers.

So we should start taking away rights based on something they might do? OK let's ban guns then because people might commit murder with them.

And tributes to people, even murderers are covered under free speech.

Also not trusting all Muslims because of the actions of some of them isn't logic. It's a blanket statement fallacy and completely and utterly stupid.

About 45% of muslims actually celebrate 9/11.

Proof?
You can be a chump if you want, but I'm voting no,

Freedom of religion isn't put up to a vote.

Nobody's taking away their right to practice their religion.

Freedom of religion is not the same thing as a building permit, and the right to build wherever you please is not protected by the constitution.

"The original Malaysian title for Imam Rauf’s book was ‘A Call to Prayer from the World Trade Center Rubble: Islamic Da’wah From the Heart of America Post-9/11′. Robert Spencer explains:

“Da’wah is Islamic proselytizing. And in the Islamic law, da’wah precedes jihad. You call the nonbelievers to Islam. And if they refuse to accept it, then you initiate the jihad against them. But the whole goal of both da’wah and jihad is to impose Islamic law or Sharia upon the nonbelievers as a political system, not as a religious one.”
9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America Blog Archive Planned Ground Zero mosque imam wants sharia law in America

And published a book calling for dawa in the rubble of the wtc.

Dawa of course precedes jihad.

Go FT! Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to see a lot more Americans slaughtered at ground zero. I'm sure that would make your day.

And published a book calling for dawa in the rubble of the wtc.

Dawa of course precedes jihad.

Go FT! Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to see a lot more Americans slaughtered at ground zero. I'm sure that would make your day.

When you've run out of arguments you can always hurl insults and stupid accusations.

No, I hurl insults when I get tired of posting facts, links, and quotes. I like to have fun, too.

Forum List

Back