Should Islam be allowed to build a Mosque near ground zero? Why?

More confusing the issue because some people are dishonest

Should they be allowed to build the mosque? You bet, the government should not tell them they shouldn't build it.

But, they should CHOOSE not to in light of the fact that the people they claim to want to build bridges with oppose it 2:1.

I liken this to our own soldiers in Afghanistan, they sometimes come upon villages where they should destroy the whole village because it is infested with with Taliban soldiers and supporters, but they CHOOSE not to because that would offend those who we really do want to build bridges with.

Just because you CAN do something, does not mean you SHOULD do something.

no, you're the dishonest person...that isn't the question at all....

the question is: should our government deny muslims a permit to build a building solely because it is an islamic mosque....

your analogy is total and complete rubbish

How is that the question when only a few loons are saying the gov't should prevent the mosque from being built?

Just more dishonesty by some of you trying to group all of us who would like the Muslims to CHOOSE not to build it there in with the few who want them FORCED to build it elsewhere.

Therefor my analogy is correct.

I would have no problem at all with your suggestion. The Jews were housed in Auschwitz - it was a work camp - that's it. This fairy tale about extermination of the Jew in WWII is nothing but lies designed to force the German people into paying reparations.

epicFAIL.jpg

Should they be allowed to build the mosque? You bet, the government should not tell them they shouldn't build it.

But, they should CHOOSE not to in light of the fact that the people they claim to want to build bridges with oppose it 2:1.

I liken this to our own soldiers in Afghanistan, they sometimes come upon villages where they should destroy the whole village because it is infested with with Taliban soldiers and supporters, but they CHOOSE not to because that would offend those who we really do want to build bridges with.

the question is: should our government deny muslims a permit to build a building solely because it is an islamic mosque....

How is that the question when only a few loons are saying the gov't should prevent the mosque from being built?

Just more dishonesty by some of you trying to group all of us who would like the Muslims to CHOOSE not to build it there in with the few who want them FORCED to build it elsewhere.

Therefor my analogy is correct.

The government would be right and correct in stepping in if it is determined the mosque poses a threat.

Which of course it fucking does.

No, they shouldn't deny it because it's a mosque.
They should deny it because it poses a security threat to America.
They should deny it because the funders are militant jihadists and supporters of terrorism and Hamas.
They should deny it because it is a call for Dawa (proselytizing to establish sharia) at the site of a jihadist attack.
They should deny it because it is meant to represent Islamic dominance over the Western world.

"On Saturday the group 9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America, which represents some relatives of attack victims, said it was "stunned" by the president's remarks.

"Obama "has abandoned America at the place where America's heart was broken nine years ago, and where her true values were on display for all to see," the group said.

"Now this president declares that the victims of 9/11 and their families must bear another burden. We must stand silent at the last place in America where 9/11 is still remembered with reverence or risk being called religious bigots."

Building the mosque "is a deliberately provocative act that will precipitate more bloodshed in the name of Allah," the group claimed.

Another group representing other relatives of 9/11 victims, the September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, said in May that it "strongly supports" the Islamic center.

A CNN/Opinion Research poll earlier this month showed that 68 percent of Americans opposed the Islamic center plans, while only 29 percent favored them.

Congressman Peter King, who represents New York in the US House of Representatives, said the Muslim community was "abusing" its rights and "needlessly offending" many people.

"It is insensitive and uncaring for the Muslim community to build a mosque in the shadow of ground zero," said King, a Republican. "Unfortunately the president caved in to political correctness."

Self-described "liberal Muslim" Farzana Hassan, a Canadian, told Fox News on Saturday that she believes the Islamic center's location is "provocative."

Controversy swells as Obama supports Ground Zero mosque - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
Another issue for the GOP candidates to beat the dems over the head with in 2010 and 2012. "They were for it before they were against it"....

Bullshit. It's a mosque, a mosque can't attack anyone and there's no guarantee the people in it will be plotting bad things.
They should deny it because the funders are militant jihadists and supporters of terrorism and Hamas.

So they should deny them rights based on what they believe? Hooray for thought crime.

They should deny it because it is a call for Dawa (proselytizing to establish sharia) at the site of a jihadist attack.
They should deny it because it is meant to represent Islamic dominance over the Western world.

Accuracy of those statements aside what you're basically arguing for is denying free speech rights.

Last edited:
The question my child is why shouldn't they be able to build their Mosque? Is it because right-wing rectal passages like you despise Islam? I think so.

Nope. The Cordoba House is funded by terrorists and is meant to establish sharia in the US.

And building a mosque doesn't establish ANY law in U.S. so that's a non-point.

Tell that to the muslim gals that are routinely killed by relatives as "honor killings"....

ISRAEL’S PRE-ELECTION ATTEMPT TO DEFLECT A NEW 9/11 INVESTIGATION
There never were plans for a mosque at “ground zero.” The entire story is made up by a public relations agency working with the Israeli government and the GOP. There are plans for an Islamic center in an old Burlington Coat Factory store blocks away. That far down the island of Manhattan, a couple blocks away is “across town.” The idea that Israel is financing the “Ground Zero Mosque” controversy when Mossad agents were arrested, dancing in the streets on 9/11, is an obscenity.

Let’s get some facts straight. Since 2001 alot has happened, none of it reported widely in the press. It has been categorically proven that the supposed hijackers could never have flown any of the planes on 9/11. Start with a reality check. This is why “9/11″ as people are still being misinformed simply never happened
:
GORDON DUFF: THE GROUND ZERO MOSQUE LIES : Veterans Today

OK, you proved yourself to be an idiot. That is what you planned , right?

Nope. The Cordoba House is funded by terrorists and is meant to establish sharia in the US.

Tell that to the muslim gals that are routinely killed by relatives as "honor killings"....

So because some Muslims commit murder we shouldn't allow other Muslims to build a mosque?

I don't follow the logic.

Bullshit. It's a mosque, a mosque can't attack anyone and there's no guarantee the people in it will be plotting bad things.

So they should deny them rights based on what they believe? Hooray for thought crime.

Accuracy of those statements aside what you're basically arguing for is denying free speech rights.

People who use freedom of speech to invoke criminality get their right to free speech taken from them.

But that aside, Islam is not just a religion. And mosques are where they recruit and make plans to slaughter infidel innocents.

So, just as LDS was brought to heel when the church started challenging the law, establishing its own law, and killing people, Islam should also be. Islam advocates political dominance and sharia over all. That in and of itself takes it out of the realm of religion and makes it a threat.

So because some Muslims commit murder we shouldn't allow other Muslims to build a mosque? I don't follow the logic.

The "logic" is that they can't be trusted. They say its a "mosque" but its probably a tribute to the terrorist murderers. About 45% of muslims actually celebrate 9/11. You can be a chump if you want, but I'm voting no, with 73% of my closest friends. Let the SNs build another one in Newark.

Yes or No?

Sure it's their right, but should they do it I think would be he more accurate question.
To me with them building it there would be like the Japanese building a shrine to Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto on top of the USS Missouri

Last edited:
ISRAEL’S PRE-ELECTION ATTEMPT TO DEFLECT A NEW 9/11 INVESTIGATION
There never were plans for a mosque at “ground zero.” The entire story is made up by a public relations agency working with the Israeli government and the GOP. There are plans for an Islamic center in an old Burlington Coat Factory store blocks away. That far down the island of Manhattan, a couple blocks away is “across town.” The idea that Israel is financing the “Ground Zero Mosque” controversy when Mossad agents were arrested, dancing in the streets on 9/11, is an obscenity.

Let’s get some facts straight. Since 2001 alot has happened, none of it reported widely in the press. It has been categorically proven that the supposed hijackers could never have flown any of the planes on 9/11. Start with a reality check. This is why “9/11″ as people are still being misinformed simply never happened
:
GORDON DUFF: THE GROUND ZERO MOSQUE LIES : Veterans Today
And Oswald didn't shoot Kennedy.

Yes or No?

Sure it's their right, but should they do it I think would be he more accurate question.
To me with them building it there would be like the Japanese building a shrine to Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto on top of the USS Missouri

Freedom of religion does not infer freedom to build.

Muslims are perfectly free to practice their religion.
But there is no constitutional guarantee that people can build whatever they like wherever they want to.

Two. Different. Things.

If we ever ARE granted the right to build whatever we like on our private property, let me know, because I know a lot of people who would LOVE to build on their land, but can't because the federal government has decided they can't develop.

Actually, Muslims in the USA are not free to practice their religion. Heard of any stoning in the USA recently? Or fathers being permitted to do an honor killing on his daughter?

Yes or No?

Freedom of religion does not infer freedom to build.

Muslims are perfectly free to practice their religion.
But there is no constitutional guarantee that people can build whatever they like wherever they want to.

Two. Different. Things.

If we ever ARE granted the right to build whatever we like on our private property, let me know, because I know a lot of people who would LOVE to build on their land, but can't because the federal government has decided they can't develop.

True They have building codes they must pass and if it meets code then what? I don't think they should build there ok? but for the government to step in and say they can or can't build to me isn't right either,unless they are in code violation then thats a totally differant story.

Last edited:
Actually, Muslims in the USA are not free to practice their religion. Heard of any stoning in the USA recently? Or fathers being permitted to do an honor killing on his daughter?
That's not part of Shari'ah.

Forum List

Back