Should Ichiro make the baseball HOF?

500+ stolen bases, 10 years of .300+ average, 10x All-Star, 10x Golden Glove, 1 MVP, most hits in a single season, 10 years of 200+ hits.....

I know you hate him because he's not white, but I'd say he deserves some recognition.

Well of course he deserves some recognition and i admit he was a very good player. So was vada pinson.

I know you love him because he's non-white but i say look at the numbers.
He just posted the numbers, nimrod.

Obviously, when it comes to baseball you're just a poser.
Ichiro definitely deserves to be in the HoF. Any player with 3,000 hits is a lock.
Plus, he had a whole other career in Japan before coming to MLB.

You're making a fool of yourself. Minor league stats don't count. The jap league is just double A.

I tried to think of a HOF player who is similar to Ichiro in terms of stats. I came up with Lou Brock the base stealing wizard of the Cardinals back in the day. Ichiros stats overall are better in many categories than Brock's so I would say yes he belongs in the Hall.

Many people think lou brock does NOT belong in the HOF. Similar to ichy as a hitter but lou was a terrible outfielder.[/QUOT
I tried to think of a HOF player who is similar to Ichiro in terms of stats. I came up with Lou Brock the base stealing wizard of the Cardinals back in the day. Ichiros stats overall are better in many categories than Brock's so I would say yes he belongs in the Hall.

Many people think lou brock does NOT belong in the HOF. Similar to ichy as a hitter but lou was a terrible outfielder.
That's a different discussion whether people already in the Hall belong there or not. I was making the argument of precedence, you have Ichiro whose overall stats are superior to an outstanding player like Lou Brock

Many people think lou brock does NOT belong in the HOF. Similar to ichy as a hitter but lou was a terrible outfielder.
Brock was inducted in his first year of eligibility and was a finalist for the "All Century Team". He most certainly belongs there, as does Ichiro who had a better lifetime batting average and was a 10 time gold glover and 10 time all-star.
Sabermetrics has not been kind to the Redbird left fielder. Playing at the low end of the defensive spectrum, Brock is deemed to have cost his team 171 runs over the course of his career with an arm that was neither strong nor accurate. Bill James has been dismissive of the value of stolen bases since OBP was considered an advanced statistic. With a career bWAR of 45.2, Brock ranks dead last among the 47 first ballot Hall of Famers by a significant margin and well below the output achieved by many who have been denied admission to the Hall.​

Obviously, when it comes to baseball you're just a poser.
Ichiro definitely deserves to be in the HoF. Any player with 3,000 hits is a lock.
Plus, he had a whole other career in Japan before coming to MLB.

You're making a fool of yourself. Minor league stats don't count. The jap league is just double A.
He's not being judged for the HoF based on his Japan League numbers, dumbass.

He got 3,000 hits American.
rqefdcZ.gif

I tried to think of a HOF player who is similar to Ichiro in terms of stats. I came up with Lou Brock the base stealing wizard of the Cardinals back in the day. Ichiros stats overall are better in many categories tha

Many people think lou brock does NOT belong in the HOF. Similar to ichy as a hitter but lou was a terrible outfielder.[/QUOT

That's a different discussion whether people already in the Hall belong there or not. I was making the argument of precedence, you have Ichiro whose overall stats are superior to an outstanding player like Lou Brock

Brock was inducted in his first year of eligibility and was a finalist for the "All Century Team". He most certainly belongs there, as does Ichiro who had a better lifetime batting average and was a 10 time gold glover and 10 time all-star.
Sabermetrics has not been kind to the Redbird left fielder. Playing at the low end of the defensive spectrum, Brock is deemed to have cost his team 171 runs over the course of his career with an arm that was neither strong nor accurate. Bill James has been dismissive of the value of stolen bases since OBP was considered an advanced statistic. With a career bWAR of 45.2, Brock ranks dead last among the 47 first ballot Hall of Famers by a significant margin and well below the output achieved by many who have been denied admission to the Hall.​

n Brock's so I would say yes he belongs in the Hall.

Lou Brock was a game changer, and a multi year all-star just like Ichiro. Arm chair sabremetrics experts can analyze data all they want. Lou Brock was a first ballot inductee and deserved to be. And so should Ichiro.

I'm lukewarm on Brock. Although, he's more deserving than Jack Morris. What a fuckup that selection is!

Brock helped lead STL to three good 7-game WS in the 60s' with 2 titles. Ichiro was isolated up in SEA. No big game events to get recognition nationally. Hmmmm...dare I add, not "tested"?

Lou had 9,12, 14 hits.....during those WS. Tested. Yes.

Any OF with speed is at least AVG by default.....I would think. Who do you want out there? Jose Canseco? Mo Vaughn? Nelson Cruz?

Last edited:

Years ago James wrote an article about Brock and his terrible fielding.

"Historical revisionists of today, not satisfied with trying to turn thomas jefferson into a tyrant, convert dwight eisenhower into an intellectual, and wash the blood from the hands of robespierre, have begun arguing that lou brock was a good outfielder. This, gentlemen, is going too far. Lou had no arm and a tendency to freeze up on balls hit right at him."

Brock does not belong in the HOF and people who compare him to ichiro are libeling ichiro.

Brock helped lead STL to three good 7-game WS in the 60s' with 2 titles. Ichiro was isolated up in SEA. No big game events to get recognition nationally. Hmmmm...dare I add, not "tested"?

Lou had 9,12, 14 hits.....during those WS. Tested. Yes.

That's true. Lou had a great record in post-season. One of the best ever.

He was no Ricky Henderson...but 3000 hits is a magic number for the Alkie sportswriters who probably passed out before SEA games started? He probably goes in on Defense & style also.

Brock was a mediocre field, a superb hitter, and a tremendous base stealer.

3000 hits, 900 steals, .293 average: yeah, he is HOF worthy

Brock a superb hitter???!!!! He was scarcely better than average. You must be 30 years behind the times and still judge hitters by BA. And he was a lousy fielder and his base stealing percentage was a mediocre 75%. He really wasn't good at anything .

Damn a racist OP starts a thread about Ichiro and gets all these responses. I started a thread asking about who deserves to be the next in the Hall and no one comments. :uhoh3:

Brock a superb hitter???!!!! He was scarcely better than average. You must be 30 years behind the times and still judge hitters by BA. And he was a lousy fielder and his base stealing percentage was a mediocre 75%. He really wasn't good at anything .

I remember Lou Brock
He was a presence on the field. Beyond his stats, he drove pitchers nuts once he got on base. Threw off their rhythm, made them continually throw to first, made the players around him better

Bill James does not account for that

Forum List

Back