Should Ichiro make the baseball HOF?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
He probably will since he'll get the racist vote that awards all non-whites bonus points, but he's not that good. He has 3000 hits and a good BA but his walk numbers and HR numbers are very low. Just a slightly better than average hitter really. A good outfielder and a good base runner.

He's 44 now and had another poor year in 2017 and it's time to quit though he says he wants to play in 2018!!. I say no HOF for the little nip.

He probably will since he'll get the racist vote that awards all non-whites bonus points, but he's not that good. He has 3000 hits and a good BA but his walk numbers and HR numbers are very low. Just a slightly better than average hitter really. A good outfielder and a good base runner.

He's 44 now and had another poor year in 2017 and it's time to quit though he says he wants to play in 2018!!. I say no HOF for the little nip.
500+ stolen bases, 10 years of .300+ average, 10x All-Star, 10x Golden Glove, 1 MVP, most hits in a single season, 10 years of 200+ hits.....

I know you hate him because he's not white, but I'd say he deserves some recognition.

• Banned
500+ stolen bases, 10 years of .300+ average, 10x All-Star, 10x Golden Glove, 1 MVP, most hits in a single season, 10 years of 200+ hits.....

I know you hate him because he's not white, but I'd say he deserves some recognition.

Well of course he deserves some recognition and i admit he was a very good player. So was vada pinson.

I know you love him because he's non-white but i say look at the numbers.

I tried to think of a HOF player who is similar to Ichiro in terms of stats. I came up with Lou Brock the base stealing wizard of the Cardinals back in the day. Ichiros stats overall are better in many categories than Brock's so I would say yes he belongs in the Hall.

He has 3000 hits as a Major Leaguer and he entered the league late, having massive years in Japan. It's safe to say if he had spent his younger years in the MLB, he would be a first ballot.

I imagine he will get in.

Of course he should. Who do you know that has 3K hits --- even playing an entire career here -- and is not in the HOF?

HR numbers are way overrated. HRs ain't all there is. And you left out his throwing ability.

In short, fuck you.

Well of course he deserves some recognition and i admit he was a very good player. So was vada pinson.

I know you love him because he's non-white but i say look at the numbers.
Pinson was good, but not comparable to Ichiro.

• Banned

I think the comparison is very good. Both got a lot of hits and few walks. Pinson had ok power but ichy has weak power. Both were good outfielders and base runners.

Listen, Liberals have targeted Asians for years.

Do you know any stars on Hollywood who are Asian? Not unless they are martial arts actors.

Do we really want to continue to allow Universities to not let Asians into college who far out perform both black and whites just because of their race?

Ichiro has more hits than Pete Rose, if you count his time in Japan, and I bet he did not prey on young teenage girls while doing it at the age of 40.

And as was said, he started in the US late. He is no doubt a Hall of Famer.

He has 3000 hits as a Major Leaguer and he entered the league late, having massive years in Japan. It's safe to say if he had spent his younger years in the MLB, he would be a first ballot.

Since when do minor league stats count? Hell one year ichy had 25 HRs ( in just 130 games) in the jap league.!!! It's double A ball.

Last edited:

The only argument against is the old "compiler" argument, and I have never been a fan of it.

One also has to remember that he was one of the best fielders as well in his prime.

3000 hits seals the deal for me.

I think the comparison is very good. Both got a lot of hits and few walks. Pinson had ok power but ichy has weak power. Both were good outfielders and base runners.

Again to reiterate the last point --- you gave your subject's name as "Ichiro" -- no last name -- and everybody knows who you mean. Try that with "Vada".

Of course he should. Who do you know that has 3K hits --- even playing an entire career here -- and is not in the HOF?

HR numbers are way overrated. HRs ain't all there is. And you left out his throwing ability.

In short, fuck you.

For the number crunchers out there.

Ichiro Suzuki Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

I tried to think of a HOF player who is similar to Ichiro in terms of stats. I came up with Lou Brock the base stealing wizard of the Cardinals back in the day. Ichiros stats overall are better in many categories than Brock's so I would say yes he belongs in the Hall.

Many people think lou brock does NOT belong in the HOF. Similar to ichy as a hitter but lou was a terrible outfielder.

Again to reiterate the last point --- you gave your subject's name as "Ichiro" -- no last name -- and everybody knows who you mean. Try that with "Vada".

Everybody knows ichy was famous and it is the Hall of FAME, but the voting is done on ability not fame.

For whatever reason, vada was never famous but he was very good.

First ballot. No question.

The numbers, while excellent, don't do justice to his impact in every game he played. Great head, great bat, good legs, good glove, and his power was just icing on the cake.

One of the most exciting players for most of his career.

First ballot.

Many people think lou brock does NOT belong in the HOF. Similar to ichy as a hitter but lou was a terrible outfielder.[/QUOT

Many people think lou brock does NOT belong in the HOF. Similar to ichy as a hitter but lou was a terrible outfielder.
That's a different discussion whether people already in the Hall belong there or not. I was making the argument of precedence, you have Ichiro whose overall stats are superior to an outstanding player like Lou Brock

Brock was inducted in his first year of eligibility and was a finalist for the "All Century Team". He most certainly belongs there, as does Ichiro who had a better lifetime batting average and was a 10 time gold glover and 10 time all-star.

First ballot. No question.

The numbers, while excellent, don't do justice to his impact in every game he played. Great head, great bat, good legs, good glove, and his power was just icing on the cake..

Power??? He averaged 7 HRs per 162 games and had a career SA of 403 He was a punch and judy hitter.

Obviously, when it comes to baseball you're just a poser.

Ichiro definitely deserves to be in the HoF. Any player with 3,000 hits is a lock.

Plus, he had a whole other career in Japan before coming to MLB. One of the all-time hitting purists, like Tony Gwynn, Wade Boggs, Pete Rose, Rogers Hornsby.

Forum List

Back