NFL WEEK 17 PICKS

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
I'm 162-78 going into the last week. The 49ers are done after this week, but the way they've played since Jimmy Garoppolo became the starter, they may keep going into the playoffs next year.

1:00 pm Buffalo Bills Miami Dolphins - Two teams that can't seem to get over the hump.
1:00 pm Carolina Panthers Atlanta Falcons - Atlanta wins at home to get into the playoffs.
1:00 pm Chicago Bears Minnesota Vikings - Viking go into the playoffs strong.
1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals Baltimore Ravens - Despite a good showing against the Lions, the Bungles fall.
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Steelers - Anyone but Cleveland. 0-16!
1:00 pm Dallas Cowboys Philadelphia Eagles - Eagles have nothing to play for, clinched home field.
1:00 pm Green Bay Packers Detroit Lions - Lions win when it does not matter.
1:00 pm Houston Texans Indianapolis Colts - Indy gets home field advantage in game of 2 bad teams.
1:00 pm Jacksonville Jaguars Tennessee Titans - Jacksonville is still playing for position, so they knock the Titans out of playoff contention.
1:00 pm New Orleans Saints Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bucs were so close against the Panthers. This one won't be as close.
1:00 pm New York Jets New England Patriots - Pats roll over the Jets to clinch home field.
1:00 pm Washington Redskins New York Giants - Cousins has a big game to end the year and start another round of speculation about his future.
4:25 pm Arizona Cardinals Seattle Seahawks - Seahawks aren't told about Atlanta win and beat the Cards in hopes of getting a playoff spot.
4:25 pm Kansas City Chiefs Denver Broncos - Resurgent Chiefs beat a floundering Denver team.
4:25 pm Oakland Raiders Los Angeles Chargers - Chargers edge by a bad Raiders team to sneak into the 6th seed.
4:25 pm San Francisco 49ers Los Angeles Rams - What the hell, Jimmy G ends the season undefeated as a starter! :D

At first glance I thought you had home team in bold but apparently that's your prediction?

I have to take issue here ---

1:00 pm Dallas Cowboys Philadelphia Eagles - Eagles have nothing to play for, clinched home field.

You don't understand. This is the Cowgirls in the Iggles nest. This is the grand culmination awaited all season by the fans. This is the Cowgirls. Iggles fans on their own turf will accept nothing less than annihilation.

You have to understand how deep this runs. Doesn't matter what anybody's record is. There will be much gnashing of teeth and frothing of mouth. Without having watched the season at all I'll say Iggles by 11, on that basis alone. Seen this too many times.

At first glance I thought you had home team in bold but apparently that's your prediction?

You don't understand. This is the Cowgirls in the Iggles nest. This is the grand culmination awaited all season by the fans. This is the Cowgirls. Iggles fans on their own turf will accept nothing less than annihilation.

You have to understand how deep this runs. Doesn't matter what anybody's record is. There will be much gnashing of teeth and frothing of mouth. Without having watched the season at all I'll say Iggles by 11, on that basis alone. Seen this too many times.

The Eagles might well rest their starters in this game.

The Girls might too but that won't even matter. If Dullass is in town, the fans demand their blood. Should the Iggles fail to deliver they themselves will feel the wrath. Anything less than

b0c272b06bbd74e5ffd4c57db65837f3011218ec8e7399d2e5a9bdaaa55c13af.jpg

will be unacceptable.

That's from one of the previous meetings.

One year, I think this was in the Dick Vermiel era, the Girls were coming in heavily favored. In NFL the home team decides what the uniform color scheme will be, whether it's whites or colors. Usually the Iggles wear green at home but knowing the Cowgirls had a worse record wearing blue, the Iggles said "yanno what, we're gonna wear white this game". That forced the Cowgirls to wear their blue unis. And it worked, Iggles won.

Whatever it takes.

Last edited:

I'm hoping the chiefs do that same at least after the first quarter.

I'm not sure about the possibilities for the Chiefs. Can they gain anything with a win?

I'm not sure about the possibilities for the Chiefs. Can they gain anything with a win?
No

No

I'm not sure how I feel about the Chiefs resting players, at least not until they have a lead, because of how poorly they were playing up until a few weeks ago.....but I understand why they would, being locked into the 4th seed.

No

I'm not sure how I feel about the Chiefs resting players, at least not until they have a lead, because of how poorly they were playing up until a few weeks ago.....but I understand why they would, being locked into the 4th seed.
Why do they need to lead the game is meaningless?

No

Meaningless to their playoff standing, but not meaningless to their confidence. A team that has been through the ups and downs the Chiefs have this year might do well to keep things rolling while they are winning.

EDIT: Well, it looks like the Chiefs are starting Mahomes on Sunday. Reid also said he'll rest other starters. I'm changing my pick to the Broncos. :)

Last edited:

No

Meaningless to their playoff standing, but not meaningless to their confidence. A team that has been through the ups and downs the Chiefs have this year might do well to keep things rolling while they are winning.

EDIT: Well, it looks like the Chiefs are starting Mahomes on Sunday. Reid also said he'll rest other starters. I'm changing my pick to the Broncos. :)
I'm excited to see him toss the ball. He is our future. Like I said the game means nothing.

No

I'm excited to see him toss the ball. He is our future. Like I said the game means nothing.

From what I've read, Mahomes had a very good preseason. Do you know what Alex Smith's contract is like? Does he have much time left on it? I could see the Chiefs sticking with Smith as the starter for at least one more year, considering how well he played for a lot of this year.

From what I've read, Mahomes had a very good preseason. Do you know what Alex Smith's contract is like? Does he have much time left on it? I could see the Chiefs sticking with Smith as the starter for at least one more year, considering how well he played for a lot of this year.
I will be shocked if Smith is our quarterback next year

Can the Chiefs afford to cut him, or do you think they'll be looking for a trade? What if the Chiefs win the SB this year with him at QB? It would be a pretty bold move to dump a QB that just helped you win a SB title, especially when he's not just managing games a la Trent Dilfer with Baltimore.

Can the Chiefs afford to cut him, or do you think they'll be looking for a trade? What if the Chiefs win the SB this year with him at QB? It would be a pretty bold move to dump a QB that just helped you win a SB title, especially when he's not just managing games a la Trent Dilfer with Baltimore.
If it' the chiefs of old he's cut for money. If it's a chiefs team that wants to build a future he's gone. Depends on the coach and his sway

I'm 162-78 going into the last week. The 49ers are done after this week, but the way they've played since Jimmy Garoppolo became the starter, they may keep going into the playoffs next year.

1:00 pm Buffalo Bills Miami Dolphins - Two teams that can't seem to get over the hump.
1:00 pm Carolina Panthers Atlanta Falcons - Atlanta wins at home to get into the playoffs.
1:00 pm Chicago Bears Minnesota Vikings - Viking go into the playoffs strong.
1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals Baltimore Ravens - Despite a good showing against the Lions, the Bungles fall.
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Steelers - Anyone but Cleveland. 0-16!
1:00 pm Green Bay Packers Detroit Lions - Lions win when it does not matter.
1:00 pm Houston Texans Indianapolis Colts - Indy gets home field advantage in game of 2 bad teams.
1:00 pm Jacksonville Jaguars Tennessee Titans - Jacksonville is still playing for position, so they knock the Titans out of playoff contention.
1:00 pm New Orleans Saints Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bucs were so close against the Panthers. This one won't be as close.
1:00 pm New York Jets New England Patriots - Pats roll over the Jets to clinch home field.
1:00 pm Washington Redskins New York Giants - Cousins has a big game to end the year and start another round of speculation about his future.
4:25 pm Arizona Cardinals Seattle Seahawks - Seahawks aren't told about Atlanta win and beat the Cards in hopes of getting a playoff spot.
4:25 pm Kansas City Chiefs Denver Broncos - Resurgent Chiefs beat a floundering Denver team.
4:25 pm Oakland Raiders Los Angeles Chargers - Chargers edge by a bad Raiders team to sneak into the 6th seed.
4:25 pm San Francisco 49ers Los Angeles Rams - What the hell, Jimmy G ends the season undefeated as a starter! :D
As a Viking fan, this has been one of the most enjoyable seasons I've ever had. There's been lots of other great play going on too, with the Rams and Eagles emerging as contenders. Really looking forward to the playoffs. So, last games of the regular season this weekend.

Fish over Bills --- Fish at home.
Falcons over Panthers --- Falcons must win or Seattle must lose for Falcons to get into playoffs. Falcons at home.
Vikes over da Bearsus --- Vikings playing for first round bye. Should handle Bears at home.
Ravens over Bungholes --- Ravens at home.
Steelers over Brownies --- Steelers should win even playing their scrubs.
Cowpies over Iggles --- Iggles probably resting starters. Cowpies have Elliot back.
Kitties over Pukers --- Kitties at home. Disappointing end to season.
Colts over Texassans --- Colts at home.
Titans over Jags --- Didn't think the Titans would have much chance until the Jags gave up 44 points last week. Titans at home with playoffs on the line.
Saints over Succaneers --- Great offense vs lousy defense.
Pats over Jets --- Pats should win relatively easily at home against very mediocre Jets.
Skins over Giants --- Two teams playing out strings.
Seachix over Cards --- If they win and Atlanta loses, they are in the playoffs.
Chefs over Broncos --- Chefs already clinched AFC-West. Broncos defense may keep it close.
Chargers over Raiduz --- Chargers still alive for playoff spot.
Whiners over Rams --- Was looking forward to this game, but heard the Rams were resting starters. Whiners probably win then.

I expect the chiefs to lose tomorrow. While I am excited to see our backup toss the pigskin I expect a loss as I believe we're starting all back up players.

Wise move too although I may have let the starters take the first few snaps were it up to me.

Brady is injured by the Jets and is out for three weeks, Patriots look to the sidelines for Garoppolo but he's nowhere to be seen, which ends the season for the New England Patriots. Steelers fans call it The Immaculate Reduction. Pittsburgh gains home-field throughout the playoffs, rolls to Super Bowl.

Brady is injured by the Jets and is out for three weeks, Patriots look to the sidelines for Garoppolo but he's nowhere to be seen, which ends the season for the New England Patriots. Steelers fans call it The Immaculate Reduction. Pittsburgh gains home-field throughout the playoffs, rolls to Super Bowl.

The Jags go on a tear, giving up an average of 8 points per game, with Bortles throwing 10 TDs and no INTs, and win the Super Bowl. The team gives credit to the loss to the 49ers as being the wake-up call they needed.

That's as close to being involved in the SB as the Niners can be this year. :lol:

Forum List

Back