Should I Run For Local Office?

My situation was a little different: I ran FROM Local Office.

I was elected mayor of my previous city via write-ins, even though I did not run.

So, instead of serving (I wanted nothing to do with it), I just moved out of state.

Sure, if your voters think calling black people ******* is okay. And if they think calling women ***** is okay. And if they know how often you lose your temper and become irrational.

I wouldn't show them that picture of you dressed in women's clothes with your wanger up the tail pipe of a car, though.

I've never seen PR call a person a ****** because they were black. I've seen him call someone a ****** for his behavior. I realize that's a bit above your intellectual level, but I'll leave it for you to figure out the difference. Most people with functioning brains know already.
Oh, he did. It was BlackAsCoal. Of course BAC could have been pretending to be black.

I suppose that was above your intellectual level.

I know who it was and why, and was privy to the PM, thanks. My statement stands. You're dismissed.

I was elected mayor of my previous city via write-ins, even though I did not run.

So, instead of serving (I wanted nothing to do with it), I just moved out of state.

I think most locals here feel much the same way about this mayoral position. I think getting elected would be all too easy.

I'll take the job though, keep it for a few years then who knows. Maybe run for Wisconsin representative. I'm just getting sick of sitting back doing nothing watching so much of my country get shit down the tubes. I think it's high time I get involved.

I'm hearing this more and more. My friends and people I know all seem to bring up this, "you should run for mayor" stuff. Like everyone is talking about me when I'm not around and they've all come to the conclusion that I'd make a good town Mayor. But my close friends go one step further and say start with town Mayor and then move on to state representative, Senator, Congressman.... you get the idea. I guess when I talk politics I'm quite compelling in getting my position across.

So I ask the people here that have known me for quite awhile... "do you think I should run for local office?"

If you think not, please try and say so in a decent manner.

Do it. I encourage you to get involved. If I lived out there Id help you campaign. But then I am in charge of helping people campaign.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
How liberal is your area? I'm not so sure that the public would be as accommodating of your "alternative sexual lifestyle" as we are here, pole rider.

Would someone please ban this mother fucking idiot from the thread?
Panties a bit too tight? :eusa_boohoo:

Taking the low road, kalam? At what point do you address his question instead of pulling his chain?
Sorry, I have zero respect for advocates of genocide; particularly those who advocate a genocide of my own people. I'll rescind my trollish comments, namecalling, and what have you if he ever takes this back:

There's only one way to end that shit over there Amanda, and that's turn the whole damn filthy sand pit into a glass parking lot. If there's a muslim left standing, it'll start all over again.

You've got to be pretty damned stupid to say something like that about any group of people.

I'm hearing this more and more. My friends and people I know all seem to bring up this, "you should run for mayor" stuff. Like everyone is talking about me when I'm not around and they've all come to the conclusion that I'd make a good town Mayor. But my close friends go one step further and say start with town Mayor and then move on to state representative, Senator, Congressman.... you get the idea. I guess when I talk politics I'm quite compelling in getting my position across.

So I ask the people here that have known me for quite awhile... "do you think I should run for local office?"

yes.... if for no other reason than it would necessitate the creation of a thread like....so how is pole rider doing in the polls.....

Last edited:
How liberal is your area? I'm not so sure that the public would be as accommodating of your "alternative sexual lifestyle" as we are here, pole rider.

Taking the low road, kalam? At what point do you address his question instead of pulling his chain?
Sorry, I have zero respect for advocates of genocide; particularly those who advocate a genocide of my own people. I'll rescind my trollish comments, namecalling, and what have you if he ever takes this back:

There's only one way to end that shit over there Amanda, and that's turn the whole damn filthy sand pit into a glass parking lot. If there's a muslim left standing, it'll start all over again.

You've got to be pretty damned stupid to say something like that about any group of people.
Oh really salami? Then you have zero respect for your own people, advocating the genocide of all "infidels."

You lost that argument pretty quick.

Last edited:

yes.... if for no other reason than it would necessitate the creation of a thread like....so how is pole rider doing in the polls.....
And what can I say toes... you're such a fart smeller... er I mean smart feller... ppphht... :lol:

Get a life.

Last edited:
I've never seen PR call a person a ****** because they were black. I've seen him call someone a ****** for his behavior. I realize that's a bit above your intellectual level, but I'll leave it for you to figure out the difference. Most people with functioning brains know already.
Oh, he did. It was BlackAsCoal. Of course BAC could have been pretending to be black.

I suppose that was above your intellectual level.

I know who it was and why, and was privy to the PM, thanks. My statement stands. You're dismissed.
:rolleyes:

I think most locals here feel much the same way about this mayoral position. I think getting elected would be all too easy.

I'll take the job though, keep it for a few years then who knows. Maybe run for Wisconsin representative. I'm just getting sick of sitting back doing nothing watching so much of my country get shit down the tubes. I think it's high time I get involved.

A word of advice...during your first term, you may not want to try to push your plan to exterminate all muslims.

Oh really salami? Then you have zero respect for your own people, advocating the genocide of all "infidels."
I have zero respect for those of them who want that. Most of them, however, do not.

You lost that argument pretty quick.
:lol:

Yeah, you'll make a helluva mayor.

Kalam, here is the flaw in your technique. First, all the holy wars over there started because one person or another wanted genocide, yes it's a bad thing to want unless you are jesting in which case people just need to grow a funny bone again, but their reaction was to "preemptively" attack, starting several wars that have gone on for so long people there don't even remember what they are fighting about. Most who cry for genocide fail if they are serious about it, as long as they are allowed to make fools of themselves first. Preemptive strikes however always lead to war, period. So if PR was not just being sarcastic or quick tempered, having him in a place of power would benefit even you, as it would make everything about him become public knowledge. So yeah, you are taking the low road. Honestly, I truly doubt that given the chance PR would actually do something like that.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

A word of advice...during your first term, you may not want to try to push your plan to exterminate all muslims.

It's not a plan, even if it would work. It was a facetious comment I made out of frustration with all the killing around the world perpetrated by muslims. Seriously, if all muslims were all of a sudden gone, how much do you think the violence and cold blooded killing in the world would decrease? I'd say by about 80%.

Last edited:
Kalam, here is the flaw in your technique. First, all the holy wars over there started because one person or another wanted genocide, yes it's a bad thing to want unless you are jesting in which case people just need to grow a funny bone again, but their reaction was to "preemptively" attack, starting several wars that have gone on for so long people there don't even remember what they are fighting about.
I'm sorry; I'm not sure how this relates to the discussion at hand.

Most who cry for genocide fail if they are serious about it, as long as they are allowed to make fools of themselves first. Preemptive strikes however always lead to war, period. So if PR was not just being sarcastic or quick tempered, having him in a place of power would benefit even you, as it would make everything about him become public knowledge. So yeah, you are taking the low road. Honestly, I truly doubt that given the chance PR would actually do something like that.
I don't care what he'd do, really, because he'll never be in a position where he'd be able to exercise such power. I care about what he said. He stated explicitly that he believes all Muslims should be killed. What is unfortunate is that some, like you, seem to be defending him anyway.

It's not a plan, even if it would work. It was a facetious comment I made out of frustration with all the killing around the world perpetrated by muslims. Seriously, if all muslims were all of a sudden gone, how much do you think the violence and cold blooded killing in the world would decrease? I'd say by about 80%.

Oh yeah, you weren't serious at all, were you? It was totally a joke. I'm so sorry my sense of humor is too underdeveloped to appreciate your clever repartee.

If AStrikingFailure wants to call any comments of mine into question, let him do so publicly.

Forum List

Back