Should I Just Change This Forum to Christian Bashing?

Should I just change this forum title to Christian Bashing?

• yes

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters
Depends in my book. The Mormon based church of Warren Jeffs doesn't really qualify as "christianity" in my book. To me, it's more of a cult.

Which incidentally, is what happens when a "spiritual leader" starts to cherry pick things out of the Bible, and then tries to convince others that they're right. Waco, Jonestown, are just a few of the others.

Nope.....just because you use a Bible to fortify your views, doesn't make you a "Christian".

The Church is against Warren Jeffs. Where I live there is a big polygamist family The Apostolic United Brethren, they don't condone underage marriage and all there kids go to the same schools as mine. They are part of the Allred family. They are pretty down to earth and nice. The Church is against them too. The Church doesn't advocate polygamy on earth, only in the afterlife.

If Ravi thinks she is a Christian and believes jesus is god, then that is her belief. You complain about people bashing her beliefs and then you argue about someone elses.

I'm not arguing about her belief. I'm telling her that believing in Christ as God or as A God does not make one a Christian.

She can believe whatever she wants, and I'm not bashing it. But it is INCORRECT to identify a Christian as someone who thinks Jesus is a God or is God only. That is not the definition of a Christian. Just "believing" something doesn't make it right or true. I don't care if that's what she does believe, that's not what's at issue. THe issue is she's mis-identifying Christians. That's sort of like me saying "Well if the guy wears a hat and uses the word "Allah" instead of "God" then he's a Muslim". That's not correct, whether I believe it or not, and any Muslim will tell you so.

As I pointed out, using Ravi's definition of "Christian" then SAtan and every demon that fights against God would be "Christians". But I think we all know they aren't, whether we actually believe in their existence or not.

Forum List

Back