Should I be Happy about Humanity's Demise?

It seems fairly simple to me.
Especially when one knows the lies they have told themselves. Their models are flawed. They amplify the radiative forcing effect of CO2 by 500% which is totally contrary to the fact that the GHG effect of all gases would be 75C instead of 33C if not for convective currents for an effective efficiency of 44%. So they would have us believe that 120 ppm of CO2 is more efficient than the entire GHG spectrum of the entire atmosphere. By an order of magnitude more efficient. Just on this one fact alone they should be laughed out of any room they enter.

I find the prospect of global warming, the possibility of a second Trump administration and the demise of a republican party concerned with responsible governance all a bit depressing. But then I think "I'll be dead before it gets really bad".
I find it easier to separate science and politics like I do religion and politics.

They will suffer the consequences of our inaction. Many will die but many more will suffer. The cost will beggar nations.

Beggar them today, so that China can still increase their CO2.
Sounds like typical leftist economics.

The Planet doesn't mind the CO2 increase,

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds​

April, 2016

Excerpt:​

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

LINK

the old Midas commercials
"You can pay me now or pay me later"
And later will cost a lot more.

A few degrees delta and the US midwest stops being the breadbasket of the world and becomes the Great American Desert. If you've been in Kansas during a drought you know what I mean.
View attachment 857097

Meanwhile warming of the oceans will will kill many of the food species and reefs resulting in a big decrease in seafood availability.
View attachment 857101

Now you may think that we can use new technologies to overcome this but that's what they were saying 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago. But, when any new technology is opposed politically as solar and wind, when lifestyle changes are opposed because you want yours, well, I'm sure you can see where this ends.

Still, who gives a damn. We've jerked around the last 40 years pretending there isn't a problem or that we'll be able to solve it but, It is doubtful, absent a major killoff of 30-40% of humanity within the next 20 years, that the earth will be capable of supporting large mammal life much beyond 2100.

But wh cares as long as we get ours, right?

How much should we pay now, to reduce CO2 a little bit, while China, India and the rest of the 3rd World keeps increasing CO2 a lot?

The Planet doesn't mind the CO2 increase,

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds​

April, 2016

Excerpt:​

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

LINK
I've never been able to figure out why anyone would want the planet to be colder in the middle of an ice age.

Nope, she didn't. And it looks like you too cannot. That's what I figured. Thanks for being predictable. :itsok:
I'm not going to argue with you about your blind spot. Of course you aren't going to see it. It's a blind spot for crying out loud.

Thanks for being predictable.
You want to talk about predictable? Predictable surprises are outcomes of normalization of deviance. So you might want to be careful with that smugness cause it is likely going to bite you in the ass IRL.

A few degrees delta and the US midwest stops being the breadbasket of the world and becomes the Great American Desert. If you've been in Kansas during a drought you know what I mean.
View attachment 857097

Meanwhile warming of the oceans will will kill many of the food species and reefs resulting in a big decrease in seafood availability.
View attachment 857101

Now you may think that we can use new technologies to overcome this but that's what they were saying 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago. But, when any new technology is opposed politically as solar and wind, when lifestyle changes are opposed because you want yours, well, I'm sure you can see where this ends.

Still, who gives a damn. We've jerked around the last 40 years pretending there isn't a problem or that we'll be able to solve it but, It is doubtful, absent a major killoff of 30-40% of humanity within the next 20 years, that the earth will be capable of supporting large mammal life much beyond 2100.

But wh cares as long as we get ours, right?

That’s silly.

The world has gone through cycles of heating and cooling in the past and will do so again in the future.

If Kansas tuns into a desert, that will mean more arable land further north in Canada. In the sea, fish will migrate further north as oceans warm.

I’m not saying global warming isn’t bad, but this idea that it is a calamity for humanity is utterly ridiculous.

That’s silly.

The world has gone through cycles of heating and cooling in the past and will do so again in the future.

If Kansas tuns into a desert, that will mean more arable land further north in Canada. In the sea, fish will migrate further north as oceans warm.

I’m not saying global warming isn’t bad, but this idea that it is a calamity for humanity is utterly ridiculous.
Why we are where we are today.

I'm not going to argue with you about your blind spot. Of course you aren't going to see it. It's a blind spot for crying out loud.

You want to talk about predictable? Predictable surprises are outcomes of normalization of deviance. So you might want to be careful with that smugness cause it is likely going to bite you in the ass IRL.
Blah…blah…blah.. I would have thought instead of yapping, you would explain your point of view and…

Just kidding. I know you’re a retard and so didn’t really expect anything. So, again, thanks for being predictable. :itsok:

Forum List

Back