Debate Now Should Gay Couples Be Able to Adopt?

A man raised by two men who do not provide an appropriate female surrogate cannot decipher the relationship between a wife and her mother. Men, no matter how gay, cannot address this dynamic. Sometimes they cannot deal at all and the relationship falls apart.

Ridiculous

Many, many people have been raised by single parents

Ridiculous

Surely they have. Millions in fact. This is what keeps the therapy industry booming. The limitations of a one sex house hold causes quirks and misunderstandings in dealing with a dynamic out side of that narrow exposure. Many single parent households have a grandparent, Parental sibling or even a good friend to help out.

Worse off are the children of men and women who drift from relationship to relationship. Sometimes the children form a bond with the new arrival. Then when the break up happens, the child is hurt and bewildered. The process is repeated until the child becomes crippled in trusting anyone.

There are therapy groups, crisis intervention, 12 step programs for every aspect of the human condition and myriad religions all to adjust childhood mistakes and missteps.

Surely they have. Millions in fact. This is what keeps the therapy industry booming. The limitations of a one sex house hold causes quirks and misunderstandings in dealing with a dynamic out side of that narrow exposure. Many single parent households have a grandparent, Parental sibling or even a good friend to help out.

Worse off are the children of men and women who drift from relationship to relationship. Sometimes the children form a bond with the new arrival. Then when the break up happens, the child is hurt and bewildered. The process is repeated until the child becomes crippled in trusting anyone.

There are therapy groups, crisis intervention, 12 step programs for every aspect of the human condition and myriad religions all to adjust childhood mistakes and missteps.
If you want to talk about what results in fucked up children

Divorce
Abusive parents
Indifferent parents
Substance abuse

Nothing says a same sex couple results in worse results

Ridiculous

Yes they have.
And the prisons are full of them.
32% of teenagers are on anti-depressants.
Overwhelmingly - violent crime offenders were raised by a single mother.
70% of runaway children - single parent
71% of juvenile offenders - single parent

Shall I continue?

Yes they have.

Shall I continue?
surada
What do you disagree with?
All I did was list well known, easily sourced data.

Yes they have.

Shall I continue?
Those are horrible numbers

Probably shows we need to concentrate more on single parents than same sex parents

If you want to talk about what results in fucked up children

Divorce
Abusive parents
Indifferent parents
Substance abuse

Nothing says a same sex couple results in worse results
Nope just the same fucked up results which is what I said originally. Mostly we don't notice how fucked up it is because we live in a pathological society.

Those are horrible numbers

Probably shows we need to concentrate more on single parents than same sex parents
100%
I can only imagine how poorly GenZ's are going to be in relationships.
Jordan Peterson has talked about the doomsday reality that is unfolding in Western culture - all centered around people's inability to form and maintain re;ationships.

Yes they have.

Shall I continue?

My real father abandoned my mother when I was 1. She married a military man who adopted me, then she got divorced from him and married another man who was highly abusive. She got divorced from him, but died when I was 8. Lived with my Grandparents for a short time and then was put in foster care. Ran away from foster care when I was around 16 and went back to live with my Grandparents until I was 18, at which time I joined the Navy and served for over 20 years.

Never went to prison.
Never took anti depressants.
Never committed a violent crime. Have had to defend myself, but those were extremely rare occasions.
Never was a juvenile offender. Yes, I did some stupid stuff that I never was caught doing, but most kids I know did small stupid things as well, even if they were in a nuclear family.

Runaway? Yes. But it wasn't because of the single parent thing, it was because I was in a crappy foster family. And yeah, the foster family was a husband and wife who had been married over 15 years, had a daughter and a son, and was pretty much your basic nuclear family. But, the reason I ran away is because the family thought I was free labor, and used me as a way to get money from the foster family program. Got tired of being used for a meal ticket and that is why I ran away to go back to my Grandparents.

Served a full career in the Navy, and managed to be awarded several medals, some were Navy Achievement medals. Also have managed to be a good citizen and a decent adult. Have 2 boys who, although they experienced their mother and I divorcing, have also turned out to be pretty decent individuals.

Maybe coming from a broken home can have negative effects on a kid growing up, but, I've found that it's more about what the kid decides to do with their life (like in my case, as well as my sons) that has the most influence.

And no. Coming from a family where the parents are a gay couple doesn't seem to have a bad influence either. Had a friend I served with in the Navy who was a lesbian. Her and her partner raised a daughter, who turned out to be pretty well adjusted, has a family, and is a productive member of society.

Maybe myself, my sons and my friends are the exceptions to the rule, but I don't think so.

We have learned from the transgender craze that children can learn sexual orientation. Children are greatly influenced by their parents, and we know that children of gay couples become gay themselves.

My real father abandoned my mother when I was 1. She married a military man who adopted me, then she got divorced from him and married another man who was highly abusive. She got divorced from him, but died when I was 8. Lived with my Grandparents for a short time and then was put in foster care. Ran away from foster care when I was around 16 and went back to live with my Grandparents until I was 18, at which time I joined the Navy and served for over 20 years.

Never went to prison.
Never took anti depressants.
Never committed a violent crime. Have had to defend myself, but those were extremely rare occasions.
Never was a juvenile offender. Yes, I did some stupid stuff that I never was caught doing, but most kids I know did small stupid things as well, even if they were in a nuclear family.

Runaway? Yes. But it wasn't because of the single parent thing, it was because I was in a crappy foster family. And yeah, the foster family was a husband and wife who had been married over 15 years, had a daughter and a son, and was pretty much your basic nuclear family. But, the reason I ran away is because the family thought I was free labor, and used me as a way to get money from the foster family program. Got tired of being used for a meal ticket and that is why I ran away to go back to my Grandparents.

Served a full career in the Navy, and managed to be awarded several medals, some were Navy Achievement medals. Also have managed to be a good citizen and a decent adult. Have 2 boys who, although they experienced their mother and I divorcing, have also turned out to be pretty decent individuals.

Maybe coming from a broken home can have negative effects on a kid growing up, but, I've found that it's more about what the kid decides to do with their life (like in my case, as well as my sons) that has the most influence.

And no. Coming from a family where the parents are a gay couple doesn't seem to have a bad influence either. Had a friend I served with in the Navy who was a lesbian. Her and her partner raised a daughter, who turned out to be pretty well adjusted, has a family, and is a productive member of society.

Maybe myself, my sons and my friends are the exceptions to the rule, but I don't think so.
I am glad for you, seriously and well done.
But that is anecdotal, and doesn't change the reality of the statistics.
We all know someone who lived to be 90, smoked 2 packs a day and drank beer like water.
But it doesn't change smoking is a health hazard.

We have learned from the transgender craze that children can learn sexual orientation. Children are greatly influenced by their parents, and we know that children of gay couples become gay themselves.

More Propaganda

First of all I'm not good with adding rules so the only one that I got is stay on topic. Second of all even though homosexuality is against my religion, as long as a child is being loved and cared for properly and not indoctrinated I honestly don't really care if they're being raised by gorillas.

However B. Tatum is also making some sense here. The poor baby girl in this video is being robbed of her mother and every child deserves to have a mother or a motherly figure in their lives just as well as every child deserves to have a father or a father figure. So what do you guys think? Should gay couples be allowed to adopt infants and children?

Since I have a couple of old work colleagues who are lesbians and with whom I was friendly, I feel prepared to say that when they each married other women and later adopted children, I saw no problem then.

The kids are grown now. Neither couple groomed their kids. They each turned out well.

What children need is proper and intelligent adult supervision and care. There is no reason on Earth a couple of gay men or a couple of lesbians can’t raise a child without grooming the kid.

By the way, I do note the provisions the OP included in her first post. So this is not directed at her. I believe we are generally in agreement.

Children who are raised by their married mother and father living in the same home do better in life than those who are not. This is supported by empirical data - although there is a lot of narrative press to counter this.

Of course, my POV is based on the reality of differences between binary sexes: male and female. It's important for a child's healthy development to have male and female parents. That doesn't mean that children raised by a single parent or a gay couple are doomed to failure, but they are hindered in their development.

An extreme case is the feral nature of boys raised by unmarried teenage moms in inner cities. Their lack of education and tendency for violence demonstrate the negative impact of the lack of a father figure. The girls who perpetuate the single mother lifestyle demonstrate the lack of a real mother figure.

In the case of Gay couples - undermining the concept of binary biological reality is going to have a long term affect on the child.

Last edited:
Children who are raised by their married mother and father living in the same home do better in life than those who are not. This is empirically supported by empirical data - although there is a lot of narrative press to counter this.

Of course, my POV is based on the reality of differences between binary sexes: male and female. It's important for a child's healthy development to have male and female parents. That doesn't mean that children raised by a single parent or a gay couple are doomed to failure, but they are hindered in their development.

An extreme case is the feral nature of boys raised by unmarried teenage moms in inner cities. Their lack of education and tendency for violence demonstrate the negative impact of the lack of a father figure. The girls who perpetuate the single mother lifestyle demonstrate the lack of a real mother figure.

In the case of Gay couples - undermining the concept of binary biological reality is going to have a long term affect on the child.

I agree. In the case of infants especially, there are way too many hetero couples, who for one reason or another, cannot conceive, to allow adoption by gays. Gay couples should be at the back of the line and be considered the last option.

You seem obsessed that same sex couples form family groups.
As I have demonstrated, what is most important is not the sex of the parents but their parenting skills
You seem obsessed with homos. If you read the thread, you’d see my opinion is that hetero couples should be first in line for adoption, all things being equal.

Last edited:
Dad grew up with a single mother after Tarawa made her a widow. They were so poor he and his brother lived in an orphanage for awhile. So he had unique views on kids needing adoption.

Based on his stories, it is apparent that even half decent adoptive parents are better than no parents. There are not enough parents in any state. In any state. So the whole argument is absolute garbage. If there are good parents, gay, straight, or wiener dogs with a stable income, thats good enough. The kids need a home.
I agree. In the case of infants especially, there are way too many hetero couples, who for one reason or another, cannot conceive, to allow adoption by gays. Gay couples should be at the back of the line and be considered the last option.
Where are they then?

Forum List

Back