Should everyone be allowed to vote?

Should an IQ test be taken before you get the right to vote?

• No - Everyone should be able to vote, even if the can't understand what they're voting for.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I

Indofred

Universal adult suffrage is a basic principle of democracy but is this the right thing to do?

1 in 4 Americans Failed to Answer This Simple Science Question - PolicyMic

According to a poll of 2,200 Americans conducted by the National Science Foundation, one in four people are unaware that the Earth revolves around the Sun. The NSF gave participants a nine question quiz about basic physical and biological science, and the average score came back at a barely passing 6.5 questions correct. That's right, the average person can barely pass a basic science quiz, and a large chunk of the population doesn't know how the Earth travels through space.

That in mind, I propose a change in the electoral system of every country that excludes anyone with a low IQ or who can't pass basic general knowledge tests.

I see it this way, if you have no clue about the world around you and/or the inability to learn because you're too stupid, you should not be allowed any participation in the electoral system.
Why would you want really thick people deciding the course any given country should take?

Do you agree?

Universal adult suffrage is a basic principle of democracy but is this the right thing to do?

According to a poll of 2,200 Americans conducted by the National Science Foundation, one in four people are unaware that the Earth revolves around the Sun. The NSF gave participants a nine question quiz about basic physical and biological science, and the average score came back at a barely passing 6.5 questions correct. That's right, the average person can barely pass a basic science quiz, and a large chunk of the population doesn't know how the Earth travels through space.

That in mind, I propose a change in the electoral system of every country that excludes anyone with a low IQ or who can't pass basic general knowledge tests.

I see it this way, if you have no clue about the world around you and/or the inability to learn because you're too stupid, you should not be allowed any participation in the electoral system.
Why would you want really thick people deciding the course any given country should take?

Do you agree?

Well I guess that would be the end of the democratic party.

every adult should be allowed to vote.

only people who hate democracy think differently

Do you agree?

Put questions about evolution in the test and see the results.

Anyway...this has already been decided...back in the 60's.

Supreme Court denies RNC bid to end voter fraud consent decree

January 14, 2013|By David G. Savage

The Supreme Court refused to lift a consent decree that bars the Republican National Committee from targeting racial and ethnic minorities in its fight against voter fraud.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has refused to lift a 30-year consent decree that bars the Republican National Committee from targeting racial and ethnic minorities in its efforts to end fraudulent voting.

The justices without comment turned down an appeal from RNC lawyers who said the decree has become “antiquated” and is “increasingly used as political weapon” by Democrats during national campaigns.

For their part, lawyers for the Democratic National Committee had argued that recent campaigns show the “consent degree remains necessary today.”

The court’s action is a victory for the DNC, and it comes after an election year in which the two parties regularly exchanged charges over “voter fraud” and “voter intimidation.” But most of the recent battles have been fought on the state level, and it is not clear whether the long-standing consent decree has had much impact.

The case began in 1981 when the RNC created a “national ballot security task force” that, among other things, undertook mailing campaigns targeted at black and Latino neighborhoods in New Jersey. If mailers were returned undelivered, party activists put those voters on a list to be challenged if they showed up to cast a ballot. In addition, the party was alleged to have hired off-duty law enforcement officers to “patrol” minority neighborhoods on election day.

The DNC sued the RNC in federal court, alleging its activities violated the Voting Rights Act and were intended to suppress voting among minorities. Rather than fight the charges in a trial, the RNC agreed to a consent decree promising to “refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities … directed toward [election] districts that have a substantial proportion of racial or ethnic minority populations.”

The consent decree has remained in effect, and DNC lawyers say they have gone to court in states such as Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana and Pennsylvania to challenge Republican activities that appear to target mostly black precincts. Both sides agree, however, that the consent decree does not forbid “normal poll watching” by Republican officials.

The RNC has tried repeatedly to have the consent decree lifted, contending it interferes with its efforts to combat voter fraud. But a federal judge in New Jersey in 2009 ruled that it should remain in effect, and the U.S. Court of Appeals agreed last year.

Only liberals should be allowed to vote
Conservatives have proven themselves to be low information voters

Some basic criteria

1 TeaTards can't vote
2. Anyone who listens to Rush Limbaugh can't vote
3 Anyone who says Ted Cruz makes a lot of sense can't vote
4. Anyone advocating abolishing the Fed can't vote

I think if you're going to change the qualifications for voting it should be something along the lines of those that actually PAY into the system get a say on how it's run while those that pay nothing don't.

Using an IQ or "general knowledge" test is subject to all sorts of nefarious manipulation.

I think if you're going to change the qualifications for voting it should be something along the lines of those that actually PAY into the system get a say on how it's run while those that pay nothing don't.

Using an IQ or "general knowledge" test is subject to all sorts of nefarious manipulation.

Ignoring the general idiocy of your idea, everyone pays into the system.

More people voting is democracy.

what the right here is proposing is NOT democracy

More people voting is democracy.

what the right here is proposing is NOT democracy

That's an argument that falls on deaf ears as far as conservatives go. They don't want democracy;

they want oligarchical system designed specifically to favor conservatives, but with just enough ornamentation on it to make it appear democratic.

Last edited:
No. Everybody should not be allowed to vote. Those that are felons should not be allowed to vote. Those that cannot produce a State issued photo ID should not be allowed to vote and of course, no Democrat should be allowed to vote. Also, if you are dead you should not be allowed to vote.

Do you agree?

The Dems would never win another state-wide or national election.

Forum List

Back