Why I think Felons should be allowed to Vote and Serve

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
I think Felons should be allowed to Vote, should be allowed to serve in the military, and should be allowed to serve on a jury. I think we are unfairly excluding them from rights they should have. Their opinion matters. They could have done their time, but turn out to be great soldiers on the field. They could be a great contribution to our voting system. I had met felons who are republican and ones democrats. I also think if they have done their time and are back in the working class population they should be allowed to serve on a jury. They actually have been there, done that. They been in the other person's shoes accused of a crime, they know very well how the court and prison system works, their opinion on a jury really could make a big difference.

Just my two cents. What are your thoughts?

I think Felons should be allowed to Vote, should be allowed to serve in the military, and should be allowed to serve on a jury. I think we are unfairly excluding them from rights they should have. Their opinion matters. They could have done their time, but turn out to be great soldiers on the field. They could be a great contribution to our voting system. I had met felons who are republican and ones democrats. I also think if they have done their time and are back in the working class population they should be allowed to serve on a jury. They actually have been there, done that. They been in the other person's shoes accused of a crime, they know very well how the court and prison system works, their opinion on a jury really could make a big difference.

what kind of felons?.....

It depends on what their crimes were.
You can be a felon and your crime was non violent, and you did it when you were young and stupid.
You can also be a felon for committing violent acts against innocent people.
Two very different things.

Your two cents sounds like you might actually be saying "we" instead of "they".

in Maine, 1 of 2 states.......prisoners can vote while jailed .....they do not lose that constitutional right....

Those imprisoned do not have much interest in registering to vote / voting, and that is what is actually taking place on the ground.

They can not serve on juries while imprisoned.

I'm fine with it, we already do it....but most felons while in jail, don't seem to be that interested in it.... At least... not in Maine.

in Maine, 1 of 2 states.......prisoners can vote while jailed .....they do not lose that constitutional right....

Those imprisoned do not have much interest in registering to vote / voting, and that is what is actually taking place on the ground.

They can not serve on juries while imprisoned.

I'm fine with it, we already do it....but most felons while in jail, don't seem to be that interested in it.... At least... not in Maine.
I was referring to those who served their time who are out of jail. Those with felonies on record who are not currently in prison.

Forum List

Back