Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you can't say anything that is insulting to certain groups. Here I thought we had a first amendment. Jezz.

Is this what you really want?

We DO have a First Amendment and as far as I know, government is not doing anything to impede Ms. Deen's first amendment rights. So that argument is a non issue. I do wish that they would give this lady a break already. First is was the food and diabetes 'controversy' which I thought was bogus and now this crap.

Yanno......................I'm probably gonna surprise all the idiots on this board who think I'm a firm leftist............................got news for you.................I'm not....................I'm a very centered Independent.

Interestingly enough, Don Imus said a lot worse about a women's basketball team and was only given a 1 year suspension.

My personal opinion? Paula Deen should be given a 6 month vacation (unpaid, like Imus), and then allowed back on the airwaves if she can squelch her racist ideas.

I mean...................she made a mistake because of her upbringing, and yet has managed to apologize.

If we can bring Imus back after a year, can't we bring back Deen after 6 months?

I am a Liberal and definitely not a right winger and I don't think that she should get anything until the whole entire story is known. To get booted because of some of those snippets from a court case is outrageous. I think that she should be reinstated.

30-40-50 years ago?

Based on the articles I've read, one could make an educated guess that the accusations stem from incidents that occurred in the last 8-10 years.

Paula Deen Scandal Continues As Employees Tell Rainbow/PUSH Coalition Of Alleged Discrimination

"I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I've done," she said. "I want to learn and grow from this. Inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable."

She's lying.

She's in her 60s. If she really wanted to learn and grow and she really believed her language (and behavior) is unacceptable, she would have done that many years ago.

(Edited to add) What she's sorry about is that she got caught.

OTOH, this is true:

"It's a free country," Patillo said. "We have freedom of speech, and you can say what you want. Our issue is whether that mindset has filtered into employment decisions."

Her employer does not have to condone or support her language and behavior, and the consumer can make that same choice.

Its like the garbage vomited by lushbo, beck, etc. Or, the lies from employers who say ObamaCare is costing too much when we all know better than that.

We can choose to support and condone them, not. Same with the sponsors who have pulled their ads or not pulled them.

She did not get jailed, nobody put her in front of a judge, so simply; she did not get penalized for using the word...

What happened is, her boss did take a smart step, firing her. I would certainly woud do the same, if I am trying to manage a company profiting off of people watching its commercials and some dumb shows in the middle.

I wonder what people did expect...

With all the ruckus going on, ol Paula's situation just might be the proverbial straw on this overboard politically correct "witch hunt" as Intense put it, and EVERYONE will stop using that word. Even blacks. Ya think?

I also think there is such a flack going on, the FN will recant and renew her contract. Which is fine with me. Or they won't. Which is also fine with me. They have a right to choose who is on their network.

All I can say is............this whole issue got overblown in my opinion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I7JJChM6IQ]Chappelle Show: The Niggar Family - YouTube[/ame]

Paula's just an old-time racist - but a funny one. She would have been great on Amos 'n' Andy. Anyone old enough to remember Amos 'n' Andy?

I remember Amos 'n' Andy. They were white guys wearing make up early on.

I remember when "gay" meant happy so should everyone who said gay 40 years ago be punished as a homophobe today?

I have Sirius radio in my automobiles and I routinely listen to "old time radio shows". It doesn't take but about 5 minutes to see how far this country has gone downhill (in terms of acceptable speech).

Hell, I remember a restaurant chain in the 60s and early 70s called "Sambos". It was forced out of business by lefties who were "offended" by the name. If I recall, the founder's name was Sam Bolotta (or something like that) hence the name "Sambos". Damn shame, they had excellent food.

today we wear our collective "feelings" on our shirt sleeves and suffer righteous indignation everytime someone says something that offends our sensibilities. That is, unless it's a liberal comedian, a liberal actor, a liberal rapper, a liberal rocker, a liberal politician, etc.

The left takes what these "enlightened" scumbags say as the Gospel truth. After all, THEY have a RIGHT to express themselves. Put that on the other hand, and let someone make the SAME statements from the Right, (and to further the indignation) let them be from the Deep South, and the Left goes crazy. How DARE they be so insensitive!! We must shut them up NOW!

The ONLY person EVER to call me "******" to my face was a liberal, commie. I was 17 years old and broke his jaw. I am now 68 years old and name calling means nothing to me. Call me what you like - you call me names, you're leaving some other poor SOB alone. Take your best shot.

In the meantime - lighten up. I'll say this once again...If you sit in the privacy of your own home and make the acersion that you have "never said the word ******, or cracker, or whatever" you are a liar. We've ALL done it.

Paula's just an old-time racist - but a funny one. She would have been great on Amos 'n' Andy. Anyone old enough to remember Amos 'n' Andy?

I remember Amos 'n' Andy. They were white guys wearing make up early on.

I remember when "gay" meant happy so should everyone who said gay 40 years ago be punished as a homophobe today?

I have Sirius radio in my automobiles and I routinely listen to "old time radio shows". It doesn't take but about 5 minutes to see how far this country has gone downhill (in terms of acceptable speech).

Hell, I remember a restaurant chain in the 60s and early 70s called "Sambos". It was forced out of business by lefties who were "offended" by the name. If I recall, the founder's name was Sam Bolotta (or something like that) hence the name "Sambos". Damn shame, they had excellent food.

today we wear our collective "feelings" on our shirt sleeves and suffer righteous indignation everytime someone says something that offends our sensibilities. That is, unless it's a liberal comedian, a liberal actor, a liberal rapper, a liberal rocker, a liberal politician, etc.

The left takes what these "enlightened" scumbags say as the Gospel truth. After all, THEY have a RIGHT to express themselves. Put that on the other hand, and let someone make the SAME statements from the Right, (and to further the indignation) let them be from the Deep South, and the Left goes crazy. How DARE they be so insensitive!! We must shut them up NOW!

The ONLY person EVER to call me "******" to my face was a liberal, commie. I was 17 years old and broke his jaw. I am now 68 years old and name calling means nothing to me. Call me what you like - you call me names, you're leaving some other poor SOB alone. Take your best shot.

In the meantime - lighten up. I'll say this once again...If you sit in the privacy of your own home and make the acersion that you have "never said the word ******, or cracker, or whatever" you are a liar. We've ALL done it.

Sam Battistone, Sr. and Newell Bohnett.

The original Sambo's in Santa Barbara is still open.

Sorry, I'm always right and never lie...

30-40 days is different lol. I know that would ruin half the GOP...

in your world Franco maybe.....im sure you probably think your shit does not stink too....

The GOP is 90% white. They even attack the president's children, his wife, his aunt, his half brother, his dead grandparents and his dead mother.

After all that, what's a couple of words?

then what you are saying is that Obama considers the GOP to be enemies b/c they are 90% white?

Squeeze, BHO is your enemy because he is black. Too many of you infect our far right wing. The mainstream hates you far worse than Obama. Go away.

If we were all held liable for things that we said 20-30 years ago, none of us would have jobs. This is the height of the stupidity of politcal correctness.

Geez, people, its just a WORD. How are you damaged when someone says that word?

Should every black who has ever said "honky" or "whitey" be fired?

this is asinine.

Squeeze, BHO is your enemy because he is black. Too many of you infect our far right wing. The mainstream hates you far worse than Obama. Go away.

Bullshit, obama would be my enemy if he was a pale faced curly headed red haired irishman--------IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE----GROW THE FUCK UP.

oh fuck off.

Obama has made condescending comments about white people.I have no power or bully pulpit to call him an enemy.

He made the statements. He needs to take ownership

Yet you kind give him the free black pass.

Double standards much asswipe?

PS why not say something to Deanie?

You are a fake

Last edited:
If we were all held liable for things that we said 20-30 years ago, none of us would have jobs. This is the height of the stupidity of politcal correctness.

this is asinine.

Honky and whitey were not used to degrade and dehuminize and entire race of people. Those words were not uttered by a race of people who could kill whites just for looking at them.

Please dont confuse "whitey" or "honky" with the word ******. By the way, who the hell says whitey or honky now days anyway?

You not being offended by the word ****** is interesting. Its almost cute because you are almost telling blacks to stop being offended. lol

I am black and yes, I am offended by that word. It annoys me when rappers or black kids in general use it, but its not racial. If you dont understand that, I cant help you.

When whites say it, YES IT IS RACIST.

This woman saying this 30 years ago....who gives a fuck. The more I learn about all this and about the Slavery wedding etc the more I am starting to get it though.

Last edited:

oh fuck off.

Obama has made condescending comments about white people.I have no power or bully pulpit to call him an enemy.

You are a fake

So he was being condescending towards his mother and grandparents in Hawaii...?

Wow.

this is asinine.

Honky and whitey were not used to degrade and dehuminize and entire race of people. Those words were not uttered by a race of people who could kill whites just for looking at them.

Please dont confuse "whitey" or "honky" with the word ******. By the way, who the hell says whitey or honky now days anyway?

You not being offended by the word ****** is interesting. Its almost cute because you are almost telling blacks to stop being offended. lol

I am black and yes, I am offended by that word. It annoys me when rappers or black kids in general use it, but its not racial. If you dont understand that, I cant help you.

When whites say it, YES IT IS RACIST.

This woman saying this 30 years ago....who gives a fuck. The more I learn about all this and about the Slavery wedding etc the more I am starting to get it though.

I don't use the word "******". I think it is stupid when black rappers and celebrities use it, If you are offended when whites use it and not when blacks use it, thats your issue and it confirms that you are in fact a racist yourself.

I am personally offended by the word "honky" because in implies an ignorant redneck white person with no brains and no teeth who drinks beer in a honky tonk. It is a racial generalization.

But I am not going to fly off the handle when someone uses it, I will just consider the source and move on.

This political correctness bullshit is destroying our country and the first amendment.

oh fuck off.

You are a fake

So he was being condescending towards his mother and grandparents in Hawaii...?

Wow.

ummmm

just like the typical white person, you fucking hypocrite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back