Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
'Because under the law, it is. If you disagree, feel free. The law however is bound to constitutional guarantees. Not your personal opinion.'

God who created us and the Holy Bible are about all written by man 'laws".

Unless he didn't.

God has created anything, He was, He is and He will be for ever!

Unless he didn't, isn't, and never was.

Do not forget to repeat this in your afterlife.

Unless we're reincarnated. Then perhaps we'll have this conversation again later.

Much later.

God created Adam and Eva, not Adam and Steve. It can be not any gay 'marriage' due to impossibility of it to produce children. If a crazy leftist 'government' force churches to worship gay 'weddings' it violates lot of humanity standards established since five thousands years.No one church shall worship 'wedding' of sodomites, it is a sin against God and his Commandments.

Gays aren't sterile, fool. We produce children all the time. I'm a lesbian who has had five children.

God has nothing to do with civil marriage.

A family is an union between a man and a woman.Period.

Matthew 19:4-5, "He answered, ‘Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one’?"

I'll take Sea's take on her own family over you insisting you know better. As she actually knows what she's talking about. While you don't know anyone involved.

Only God knows better!

'Because under the law, it is. If you disagree, feel free. The law however is bound to constitutional guarantees. Not your personal opinion.'

God who created us and the Holy Bible are about all written by man 'laws".

Unless he didn't.

Unless we're reincarnated. Then perhaps we'll have this conversation again later.

Much later.

So-called reincarnation is a proved lie.

God created Adam and Eva, not Adam and Steve. It can be not any gay 'marriage' due to impossibility of it to produce children. If a crazy leftist 'government' force churches to worship gay 'weddings' it violates lot of humanity standards established since five thousands years.No one church shall worship 'wedding' of sodomites, it is a sin against God and his Commandments.

Gays aren't sterile, fool. We produce children all the time. I'm a lesbian who has had five children.

Matthew 19:4-5, "He answered, ‘Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one’?"

I'll take Sea's take on her own family over you insisting you know better. As she actually knows what she's talking about. While you don't know anyone involved.

Only God knows better!

Unless he doesn't exist. In which case he doesn't.

Unless he didn't.

Much later.

So-called reincarnation is a proved lie.

Proven according to who? Remember, you can't use religion to disprove religion. They're both hopelessly subjective.

Why call it marriage ? It is nothing of the sort, but it had to be that the word was adopted in order to destroy the sanctity of the word, and also to destroy what it was suppose to mean.

Because that is what the civil institution is called. You go to the clerk and get a MARRIAGE license.

Who are you that you get to decide who has a marriage and who does not? Oh, nobody? Okay then...guess my license is still good. Our kids will be relieved.

No, the church is owned by the clergy, not the congregation. It is a private institution dedicated to the programmig of the public to their brand of propaganda.

If Homosexual marriage is in contradiction t their programming, then the church need not accommodate the marriage. If you do not like it, then maybe you should change your religion.
The church, the body of Christ, is always owned by the Congregation.

If the ministers are out of step with the Congregation, the Congregation needs to take a new road and let the ministers slide along their own zip line.

No--it is not.

Members of the congregation are free to leave, can be random, and has no control over the property or personnel of the church.

Many Catholics found this during the child rape scandals in the past. The same is true for other churches and my family church which is solely owned by a distant cousin.

The congregation has no control over the church. They may call you 'Family', but you are really a visitor and no more.
So you don't belong to a congregational church, so I suggest you change. Ministers can always be dismissed by such a congregation.

Your opinion and $3.25 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. Despite your opinion, I'm still married. It makes our kids happy.

Churches are religious institutions that exist to spread the word of whatever God they worship.
Businesses exist to make money and get rich, not promote some spiritual and moral agenda.

The two clearly aren't the same.
Yes, they aren't. A person's faith is protected Constitutionally. The right to do trade with this or that person isn't. And neither is the "right" to force a Christian to abdicate their faith to passively refuse to accomodate anyone's behavior that is forbidden under penalty of eternal soul death in the Bible. (see Jude 1 for details)

Jude says no such thing.

But Paul says that Christians- including if she is one- Ms. Davis- should obey authority- because all authority comes from God.

The words are about as specific as Paul has ever gotten. Paul for instance never said "Do not engage in homosexuals relationships"- but Paul very specifically said to obey authority.

Why obey authority?

Because all authority comes from God. Why do you resist listening to Paul- for these specific instructions?

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment
For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority?
Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good.
But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain.
For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.
Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Nowhere does Paul say "Christians don't have to obey authority"- Paul says 'Christians who disobey authority disobey God'
Authority is either sanctioned by God or it is not...

Paul doesn't say 'or it is not'

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

Paul says all authority comes from God.

You just want to ignore authority when you disagree with it.
For there is no authority except by God in which he approves of, but there are those who will highjack the authority positions in which God had approved of, and therefore they become the rulers of terror upon that which is good, instead being a terror upon that which is bad. God warns stearnly about these rulers, and he warns them of their bad deeds in which they so choose to use against the people who are in subjection to authority.

So clearly you believe that you can interpret any words in the Bible to whatever you believe?

Because Paul doesn't say 'except those who will highjack'- Paul says 'there is no authority except from God'.

And specifically:

those(authorities) that exist have been instituted by God.

Paul says all authority comes from God.

You just want to ignore authority when you disagree with it.

So a woman raising her 5 kids on her own- they are not a family?

Just a collection of closely related human beings?

beagle is no Bible scholar, believe m.

I think he has been conference with his pastor to reconcile Mark and Romans on this issue.

He is struggling.

Why call it marriage ? It is nothing of the sort, but it had to be that the word was adopted in order to destroy the sanctity of the word, and also to destroy what it was suppose to mean.

Who are you that you get to decide who has a marriage and who does not? O.

I'm a Bible-reading church going born again Christian right winger who follow the Commandments of God:

Matthew 28:

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen

Your opinion and $3.25 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. Despite your opinion, I'm still married. It makes our kids happy.

Your private life isn't interesting for me, I'm just reciting the Holy Bible.

I'm a Bible-reading church going born again Christian right winger who follow the Commandments of God:

Matthew 28:

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen
Then you are subject to authority as Mark tells us is the will of the Lord, and Paul counsels to our duty.

I don't see the Book of Baron.

Matthew 28:

I'm starting to get a trollish vibe. Like a lefty who is pretending to be a righty to play into all the worst stereotypes of right wing christian conservatives.

I don't quite call bullshit yet. But its close.

Why call it marriage ? .

Lefts give any stupid thing always nice names e.g. 'Obamacare', 'We can' etc.

The term Obamacare was a perjorative term coined by Conservatives.

God some Christian Conservatives are ignorant.
"Should Churches be forced to accommodate for homosexual weddings?" No never..

And no one is saying that Churches should.

Just hyperbolic homophobes trying to scare feeble minded Christians.

Matthew 28:

Ah...you're confused about the difference between civil and religious marriage. Why didn't you just say so?

Matthew 28:

Ah...you're confused about the difference between civil and religious marriage. Why didn't you just say so?

We shall follow only Laws created by God and written in the Holy Bible.And God stipulated clearly what a true marriage is.

Why call it marriage ? .

Lefts give any stupid thing always nice names e.g. 'Obamacare', 'We can' etc.

The term Obamacare was a perjorative term coined by Conservatives.

God some Christian Conservatives are ignorant.
"Should Churches be forced to accommodate for homosexual weddings?" No never..

And no one is saying that Churches should.

Just hyperbolic homophobes trying to scare feeble minded Christians.

LOL,

all leftist presstitude mainstream 'medias' non-stop 24/7 repeated till now this term.

Forum List

Back