Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Well I'll just roll out the elephant in the living room which is the Pope was clear that gay marriage is not allowed for Christians at all. And that the Bible of which the Pope is the messenger boy, strictly forbids any Christian from participation in anything which normalizes homosexuality in a culture.

(Jude 1)

Well I'll just roll out the elephant in the living room which is the Pope was clear that gay marriage is not allowed for Christians at all. And that the Bible of which the Pope is the messenger boy, strictly forbids any Christian from participation in anything which normalizes homosexuality in a culture.

(Jude 1)
Where did the Pope say that?

What Pope Francis Really Said About (Gay) Marriage -- and What He Did Not
The United States this past June did something that the Catholic Church and the Vatican have for years railed against: granted marriage equality to its gay and lesbian citizens.

Yet, Pope Francis had nothing to say about it. Not then and not now.

Considering that Pope Benedict often vocally expressed harsh condemnation of marriage equality -- even traveling to Spain to speak out against it when that country was among the first to legalize marriage for gays and lesbians and called it a "threat to the future of humanity"-- it's astonishing how silent Francis is on the issue. I've noted in the past how he had no comment as country after country in Europe legalized marriage for gays and lesbians. And then this past June, he had no comment after the U.S. Supreme Court decision.

And yet, while some of the American media noted the significance of his non-mention of the issue during his address to Congress, others were determined to read into his comments something that simply was not there.

And of course Jude 1 says nothing of the sort- as usual- you are just making crap up.

Romans of course tells Christians to obey the law and authority- something homophobes ignore when they wrap their homophobia in a cross.

(Jude 1)

The film that was shown at the event he was speaking at the town meeting in Philly. The one that even Fox News stopped showing and moved just to the Pope's face and started rattling off hasty statistics filling the time while the film was shown. They did not however cut off in time before they aired on the film the picture of the traditional marriage march in 2013 in Paris France with the pink and blue balloons. Just a snippet of that and wham! their producer intervened and forced the cameras only on the Pope sitting there silently and the commentators rushing weird irrelevant statistics talking over the sound even on the film being shown of traditional marriage only footage the Vatican had approved for the big screen there.

(Jude 1)

The film that was shown at the event he was speaking at the town meeting in Philly. The one that even Fox News stopped showing and moved just to the Pope's face and started rattling off hasty statistics filling the time while the film was shown. They did not however cut off in time before they aired on the film the picture of the traditional marriage march in 2013 in Paris France with the pink and blue balloons. Just a snippet of that and wham! their producer intervened and forced the cameras only on the Pope sitting there silently and the commentators rushing weird irrelevant statistics talking over the sound even on the film being shown of traditional marriage only footage the Vatican had approved for the big screen there.

So just the voices in your head telling you that.

LIke pretty much every post you make.

Anybody you work for or take benefits from 'owns' one. Who owns you, dblack?

Not at all. I can quit a job. Can't quit a government.

Sure you can- immigration is always an option.

No it's not. Not without the permission of government.

It's exactly this - the boneheaded inability to recognize the fundamental difference between voluntary exchange, and coerced compliance - that most threatens liberty in the US.

It's exactly this - the boneheaded inability to recognize the fundamental difference between voluntary exchange, and coerced compliance - that most threatens liberty in the US.
Libertarianism is for the stupid.

Millions have immigrated into this country and into other countries without permission of any government.

It is an option- not a good option- but an option.

If that's all ya got, well, thanks for the nod.

All that is needed: it is not a viable ideology.

You have no response to my post, just pretty insults. That's all you ever have fakey. Suck a tailpipe.

You have no response to my post, just pretty insults. That's all you ever have fakey. Suck a tailpipe.
No need exists to reply to your post other than note you are a libertarian.

Wow... just the sheer length of this thread. If this doesn't exemplify the colossal divide between Americans on the issue of gay marriage, I don't know what does.

Mostly this thread exemplifies the inability of USMBers to stay on topic.

Wow... just the sheer length of this thread. If this doesn't exemplify the colossal divide between Americans on the issue of gay marriage, I don't know what does.

Yes, running 80% against. And you can bet the GOP has noticed that for 2016. Meanwhile Hillary and pals still think they have a chance. Poor democratic party and its otherwise good platforms. When you are forced to scrap your electric or hybrid car in 2017 from a "mandatory recall" like the Volt in 2000 and buy a gas guzzler, you can thank the Church of LGBT.

Except this "colossal divide" only exists for a very small minority of Americans. The majority of Americans are in full agreement.
Not according to the poll here. The poll here shows of the largest and most popular topic ever at USMB, and the largest poll response ever at USMB, of 233 votes cast, over 80% of them are AT LEAST not supportive of gay marriage if it means making Christians play along. That is to say, they really don't favor gay marriage as "a civil right"...

Last edited:

Yes, running 80% against.

Except that it isn't.

ycf4akubeuwcyhgyxljyig.png

Record-High 60% of Americans Support Same-Sex Marriage

Record-High 60% of Americans Support Same-Sex Marriage

Once again, reality and your imagination have nothing to do with each other.

Not according to the poll here. The poll here shows of the largest and most popular topic ever at USMB, and the largest poll response ever at USMB, of 233 votes cast, over 80% of them are AT LEAST not supportive of gay marriage if it means making Christians play along. That is to say, they really don't favor gay marriage as "a civil right"...

This poll doesn't ask if gay marriage should be legal. As usual, you're hallucinating.

Forum List

Back