Should Black People be Allowed into College?

You want a statistic. One of my friends made two applications to Harvard. They were both identical, the same essays, resume, letters of recommendation and all. The only difference was that with one application he indicated that his race was black and the other he indicated white. He was accepted under the "black" application and rejected under the "white" application. Isn't this a little concerning?

I not NOT believe this story is true.

I definitely believe YOU believe it is true, though.

You've just insinuated yourself into this urban legend to give it additional veracity.

And oddly THAT is what makes it so very VERY unbelievable.

It is apparent that there are inherent biases in the selection of students into US colleges. Many admissions offices are more likely to accept a black person than a white person with the same credentials. I thought this was America, the land of equal opportunity.

America is no longer the land of opportunity, the cost to attend a University for one year exceeds the median income of American Workers. Notice I'm ignoring your racist OP.

The attacks on union workers and unions in general - lead by the Koch Brothers - has made the United States just one of many western democracies, though, we likely no longer qualify as a democracy since five members of the Supreme Court passed Citizens United v. FEC; that decision was the tipping point and we now live in a Plutocracy.

1958123_10152034070911275_1032310210_n.jpg

To accommodate blacks, standards would have to be lowered until black Americans get there SATs up. America will need to dumb down further in order to integrate certain demographics.

Yes, I see what you mean... The red word says it all!

Are you thinking of going back to school? For you, I think a first grade refresher course ought to do just fine! Heh heh heh!

I am assuming you're black and I understand that trying compete intellectually against other demographics is very demanding, but being silly is not going to help.

Demand instead that the definition of acceptable scholastic performance be eroded to the point where black Americans can compete. There are no other options.

I wasn't being silly, I was being painfully truthful. Obviously my subdued critique of your atrocious spelling and grammar went unheeded. You are as obtuse as ever. But abject stupidity marks your pitiful effort to excoriate American Blacks when you cannot even communicate intelligibly. BTW, my race is not important...My US citizenship is far more of a prize.

Yes, I see what you mean... The red word says it all!

Are you thinking of going back to school? For you, I think a first grade refresher course ought to do just fine! Heh heh heh!

I am assuming you're black and I understand that trying compete intellectually against other demographics is very demanding, but being silly is not going to help.

Demand instead that the definition of acceptable scholastic performance be eroded to the point where black Americans can compete. There are no other options.

I wasn't being silly, I was being painfully truthful. Obviously my subdued critique of your atrocious spelling and grammar went unheeded. You are as obtuse as ever. But abject stupidity marks your pitiful effort to excoriate American Blacks when you cannot even communicate intelligibly. BTW, my race is not important...My US citizenship is far more of a prize.
You were being silly. What's pissed you off is my disrespect of your PC dogma. I really don't give a rat's ass. Get your fucking SATs up, stop murdering each other and others in obscene numbers, stop having children which society has to take care of, stop blaming others for your abject failures, but most of all, stop perpetuating your poverty and misery from one generation to the next.

The last one is optional: kiss my ass!

You were being silly. What's pissed you off is my disrespect of your PC dogma. I really don't give a rat's ass.

No, what pissed me off is your abject stupidity and your audacity to think you are smarter than most Blacks. You aren't. You are just a small time bigot with a computer and access to the INTERNET! Nothing more!

Get your fucking SATs up,

You are preaching to the wrong guy, bub! You seem to think I'm Black...Well ok, I'll be yer huckleberry. I graduated from college a long time ago so... I see you never attended college, did you even get to high school?

stop murdering each other and others in obscene numbers

Why don't you go tell the appropriate people that! I doubt if any of the Blacks on USMB are involved in street violence. You've got the wrong Blacks pegged in your rant. Its like standing up in a synagogue and telling the Jewish congregation that they killed Christ.

stop having children which society has to take care of,

OK, I promise. I can't speak for the whites, hispanics and blacks who will continue to do so , but I personally will not have children society has to take care of...fair enough?

stop blaming others for your abject failures,

Since I have been more successful than most, my failures have been few. How about you?

but most of all, stop perpetuating your poverty and misery from one generation to the next.

Stop perpetuating your racism and trolling mind from one generation to another. I am doing quite well , no thanks to people like you!

You were being silly. What's pissed you off is my disrespect of your PC dogma. I really don't give a rat's ass.

No, what pissed me off is your abject stupidity and your audacity to think you are smarter than most Blacks. You aren't. You are just a small time bigot with a computer and access to the INTERNET! Nothing more!

You are preaching to the wrong guy, bub! You seem to think I'm Black...Well ok, I'll be yer huckleberry. I graduated from college a long time ago so... I see you never attended college, did you even get to high school?

Why don't you go tell the appropriate people that! I doubt if any of the Blacks on USMB are involved in street violence. You've got the wrong Blacks pegged in your rant. Its like standing up in a synagogue and telling the Jewish congregation that they killed Christ.

OK, I promise. I can't speak for the whites, hispanics and blacks who will continue to do so , but I personally will not have children society has to take care of...fair enough?

stop blaming others for your abject failures,

Since I have been more successful than most, my failures have been few. How about you?

but most of all, stop perpetuating your poverty and misery from one generation to the next.

Stop perpetuating your racism and trolling mind from one generation to another. I am doing quite well , no thanks to people like you!
OK, keep up the good work. Make your own lives expendable and miserable and continue begging for crumbs. Unless there is a change of the mindset of victimhood and entitlement, that all you're going to get. The refusal to accept failure and second-class citizenship is obviously not universal. So be it.

You want a statistic. One of my friends made two applications to Harvard. They were both identical, the same essays, resume, letters of recommendation and all. The only difference was that with one application he indicated that his race was black and the other he indicated white. He was accepted under the "black" application and rejected under the "white" application. Isn't this a little concerning?

And I ride unicorns.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

MEATHEAD said:
OK, keep up the good work. Make your own lives expendable and miserable and continue begging for crumbs. Unless there is a change of the mindset of victimhood and entitlement, that all you're going to get. The refusal to accept failure and second-class citizenship is obviously not universal. So be it.

That advise should apply to ALL impoverished Americans, the majority of which are White! I suspect YOU are one of them!

As to the point, yes affirmitive action, if we limit our debate to it, is unfair. Giving preferential treatment to any specific group in admission to university or other things is patently unfair.

But then, so was kidnapping and slavery.

See, I definitely understand why people have gripes about affirmative action - and yes (by definition) it is "unfair". However there are some major systemic problems in the black community (specifically) where entire generations are entwined in a seemingly inescapable cycle of poverty and this is just an attempt at trying to fix that.

But at the end of the day, affirmative action is never going to prevent a white person from getting into a good college in the United States (given that he/she has put in the effort to get good grades, is intelligent, etc). It's also never going to prevent a white person from getting a job. Maybe they won't get their first pick, but if the skills are there they're never going to be able to "not find a job" directly due to affirmative action.

I don't think it's worth worrying about too much.

Did you ever stop to think that you cause systemic problems by using discrimination as a tool to even the outcome?

Your casual dismissal of discrimination is shocking.

As to the point, yes affirmitive action, if we limit our debate to it, is unfair. Giving preferential treatment to any specific group in admission to university or other things is patently unfair.

But then, so was kidnapping and slavery.

See, I definitely understand why people have gripes about affirmative action - and yes (by definition) it is "unfair". However there are some major systemic problems in the black community (specifically) where entire generations are entwined in a seemingly inescapable cycle of poverty and this is just an attempt at trying to fix that.

But at the end of the day, affirmative action is never going to prevent a white person from getting into a good college in the United States (given that he/she has put in the effort to get good grades, is intelligent, etc). It's also never going to prevent a white person from getting a job. Maybe they won't get their first pick, but if the skills are there they're never going to be able to "not find a job" directly due to affirmative action.

I don't think it's worth worrying about too much.

Did you ever stop to think that you cause systemic problems by using discrimination as a tool to even the outcome?

Your casual dismissal of discrimination is shocking.

Offer us another solution (that works) to get more minorities into school, better jobs, etc and how about we go from there. I don't think affirmative action is great; it's a rather simple, primitive system based on discrimination (as you mentioned), but it does work to a certain extent.

What are your solutions/ideas?

Forum List

Back