Should Black People be Allowed into College?

I don't believe your "friend's" story at all. If he had in fact submitted two identical applications and essays, it would have been noticed, and both applications would be rejected for plagiarizing - possible followed by criminal charges for perjury, since college applications are legal documents.

This is the sort of anecdote that racists love to throw around to "prove" how persecuted all the poor white people are. It's always a friend, or some guy you know, or an anonymous Internet poster - and they're always just complete fabrications.

I'm the guy in charge of matriculation at Harvard. When I received the identical applications I knew the perpetrator had to be the white guy since Blacks are not that devious. That is why I rejected the white guy's application. Besides he could come in and register under the Black guy's name...who would notice since some Blacks look white any way!

:smirk:

You definitely aren't in charge of matriculation at Harvard. What was his name if you personally rejected his application and accepted the other? It should be quite memorable.

I'm the guy in charge of matriculation at Harvard. When I received the identical applications I knew the perpetrator had to be the white guy since Blacks are not that devious. That is why I rejected the white guy's application. Besides he could come in and register under the Black guy's name...who would notice since some Blacks look white any way!

You definitely aren't in charge of matriculation at Harvard. What was his name if you personally rejected his application and accepted the other? It should be quite memorable.

I think the ":smirk:" is supposed to let you know he wasn't serious. Such decisions are not made by one person anyway.

I think the ":smirk:" is supposed to let you know he wasn't serious. Such decisions are not made by one person anyway.

The smarter they think they are...

I don't believe your "friend's" story at all. If he had in fact submitted two identical applications and essays, it would have been noticed, and both applications would be rejected for plagiarizing - possible followed by criminal charges for perjury, since college applications are legal documents.

This is the sort of anecdote that racists love to throw around to "prove" how persecuted all the poor white people are. It's always a friend, or some guy you know, or an anonymous Internet poster - and they're always just complete fabrications.

I agree with you. That is what should have happened, but I swear to you that this ACTUALLY happened. I can't actually prove it to you since I don't have my buddy's applications or acceptance letters. Isn't it concerning though? Maybe the bigger question is not affirmative action, but the lack of attention to an individual application. Admissions offices look at an application of a couple seconds and then toss it into a pile for other quick reviews. I'd be surprised if any application gets more than two minutes of viewing time.

I swear to you that this ACTUALLY happened. I can't actually prove it to you since I don't have my buddy's applications or acceptance letters.

.......................................... :rolleyes:

You want a statistic. One of my friends made two applications to Harvard. They were both identical, the same essays, resume, letters of recommendation and all. The only difference was that with one application he indicated that his race was black and the other he indicated white. He was accepted under the "black" application and rejected under the "white" application. Isn't this a little concerning?

Sorry, but don't think we can count those as "statistics".

First of all, no one has "the same" resume and letters of recommendation. There are always nuances. And "same essay"? Did you read both and conclude they were absolutely equal on all counts? I don't understand how you can make such an assertion.

Finally, how do you know that there weren't 20 whites, 20 blacks with similar credentials as your friends that applied and 10 whites were selected and only 5 blacks? Are you considering the entire pool?

I shouldn't have said statistic and I think you misinterpreted. My friend submitted the SAME application with literally identical essays and everything except for the race. In other words, my friend submitted two applications to the same college, Harvard.

Cool story, bro. Did your friend tell you that he had a better chance to apply as a white female. They are the ones taking the most advantage of Affirmative Action.

You did see the :smirk: at the end of my post didn't you? That means I took the liberty to make up a story to match your anecdote. Isn't this entire op a fairytale? BTW, WHY ARE YOU SO CONVINCED your "friend" was telling you the truth. did you witness the entire
thing or is it all hearsay!

You did see the :smirk: at the end of my post didn't you? That means I took the liberty to make up a story to match your anecdote. Isn't this entire op a fairytale? BTW, WHY ARE YOU SO CONVINCED your "friend" was telling you the truth. did you witness the entire

Be serious. You know he doesn't have any friends.

People with real friends and relationships don't spend their lives on a message board.

People with real friends and relationships don't spend their lives on a message board.

Guess where you just posted that.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

The bottom line is how willing top educational institutions are to lower their standards to accommodate a greater proportion of blacks.

In a growing number of cases the bottom line should be eliminated. African immigrants may spur the need for top educational institutions to RAISE academic standards. Consider this:

In a side-by-side comparison of 2000 census data by sociologist John R. Logan at the Mumford Center, State University of New York at Albany, black immigrants from Africa average the highest educational attainment of any population group in the country, including whites and Asians.

For example, 43.8 percent of African immigrants had achieved a college degree, compared to 42.5 of Asian Americans, 28.9 percent for immigrants from Europe, Russia and Canada, and 23.1 percent of the U.S. population as a whole.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Black Immigrants, An Invisible 'Model Minority'

To accommodate blacks, standards would have to be lowered until black Americans get there SATs up. America will need to dumb down further in order to integrate certain demographics.

To accommodate blacks, standards would have to be lowered until black Americans get there SATs up. America will need to dumb down further in order to integrate certain demographics.

Yes, I see what you mean... The red word says it all!

Are you thinking of going back to school? For you, I think a first grade refresher course ought to do just fine! Heh heh heh!

Are you thinking of going back to school? For you, I think a first grade refresher course ought to do just fine! Heh heh heh!
I am assuming you're black and I understand that trying compete intellectually against other demographics is very demanding, but being silly is not going to help. Demand instead that the definition of acceptable scholastic performance be eroded to the point where black Americans can compete. There are no other options.

To accommodate blacks, standards would have to be lowered until black Americans get there [sic] SATs up. America will need to dumb down further in order to integrate certain demographics.

:rolleyes:

Looks like you are trying to lead by example on the whole "dumb down" thing.

I am assuming you're black

Why are you assuming that? (this should be good).

Forum List

Back