Should AUTOMATIC firearms be legal ?

Jesus, I missed that whole thing in my decades of life. Your imagination may lead you to the nut house, me boy. But enjoy yourself with your troubled mind. I'm going fishing.
If I were ever going to go to nuthouse, it would have happened many decades ago. If the bikers and gang boys show up at your house, all I can say is >> Not My Problem. :biggrin:

And don't forget these guys >>
upload_2018-3-16_22-19-31.jpeg

and these >>
th

Most of the gun buffs on this board know it is a bogus question.

You ask if we should reverse the ban on automatic weapons. The truth is, there is no ban on automatic weapons. As long as they were manufactured before 1985, you pass a slightly more in-depth background check, pay the tax stamp and are willing to have ATF show up and check them anytime, they are completely legal.
Do you know how much that tax payment I$ ? Or those pre1985 guns themselves ?

I think the tax is $200.

Last edited:
I’m trying to gauge the level of the hyper gun crowd here .

They live to lecture about how automatics aren’t really legal, which is true . But that’s water under the bridge .

If you could reverse the ban on auto weapons, would you ?

Because it seems like the gun crowd here is against ANY kind of gun control .

You aren't trying to "gauge" anything, you're trolling.

What’s trolling about it .? Simple question to measure how far on the gun control spectrum people are .

Are u afraid to answer ?

You ask if we should reverse the ban on automatic weapons. The truth is, there is no ban on automatic weapons. As long as they were manufactured before 1985, you pass a slightly more in-depth background check, pay the tax stamp and are willing to have ATF show up and check them anytime, they are completely legal.

In other words, there's a ban on automatic weapons.

They live to lecture about how automatics aren’t really legal, which is true . But that’s water under the bridge .

What’s trolling about it .? Simple question to measure how far on the gun control spectrum people are .

Are u afraid to answer ?

No, they just cost more. Financially and in hassles.

Challenge: Do you think there is no use that an ordinary law-abiding citizen would/could have for an automatic rifle (AKA machine gun) ?

Yes I don’t think there is a use for it . Whatever minor use is far outweighed by the danger to the public by the potential criminal use of the weapon .
Quit falling down the well, other peoples firearm ownership is none of your business none of my business and certainly none of the federal governments business...

No one, me ignorant con troll, is falling down a well. You see, by about 90 percent, people do not want legal automatic weapons. And, here is a news flash, me boy. The gov wins. And you loose. As always.
Na, The federal government is the enemy

No, me poor ignorant boy. The gov is not the enemy. But, if can make them the enemy, then you are dead. Which is worse than your present condition, which is just stupid

Tell that to the family that lived on Ruby Ridge who watched their mother and wife shot by a sniper.

Challenge: Do you think there is no use that an ordinary law-abiding citizen would/could have for an automatic rifle (AKA machine gun) ?

Yes I don’t think there is a use for it . Whatever minor use is far outweighed by the danger to the public by the potential criminal use of the weapon .
Quit falling down the well, other peoples firearm ownership is none of your business none of my business and certainly none of the federal governments business...

No one, me ignorant con troll, is falling down a well. You see, by about 90 percent, people do not want legal automatic weapons. And, here is a news flash, me boy. The gov wins. And you loose. As always.
Na, The federal government is the enemy

No, me poor ignorant boy. The gov is not the enemy. But, if can make them the enemy, then you are dead. Which is worse than your present condition, which is just stupid
Typical foreigner don’t know his ass from a hole in the ground... lol

Are u afraid to answer ?

You just said you can't get one made after 1985. That means there is a ban. Also, imposing a $5000 "tax" is effectively a ban. What would you say if the government imposed a $5000 "tax" for posting on Facebook or youTube?

Are u afraid to answer ?

You just said you can't get one made after 1985. That means there is a ban. Also, imposing a $5000 "tax" is effectively a ban. What would you say if the government imposed a $5000 "tax" for posting on Facebook or youTube?

The last time I checked, it was a $200 tax stamp. That is a far cry from $5000.

My Dad talked about ordering a deer rifle from Sears & Roebuck catalog. Was it a ban when they stopped allowing guns to be sent thru the mail except to FFL holders?

Yes, there is a ban on automatic weapons made after 1985. But there is not a general ban on machine guns.

What difference does it make, Timmy? You are looking for an answer that will allow you to bash those who support the 2nd amendment. Fact is that it makes no difference what is legal or not. Those who would murder don't give a rat's ass about laws and there are more than enough illegal firearms they can get ahold of. Remember all those weapons that the Obama administration allowed into the hands of criminals? That's just a tiny percent.

Criminals would continue to have all kinds of weapons even if a total ban became law.

The person holding the gun is either dangerous or not dangerous. If a dangerous person does have a weapons of any kind, a gun is the only equalizer. Maybe you liberals are fine with becoming victims should your home get invaded by a gang but many would rather have the means to fight.

Gang home invasions have increased, especially in the southern states. If 4 or 5 gang members kick your door down in the middle of the night, an automatic weapon is your only hope of saving your family.

If guns scare you, don't buy them. I hope you have good home security and cameras to help the police catch the murderers. Of course, if they are illegal, they'll end up in a sanctuary city anyway.

As long as criminals have weapons, I will have mine. Always need to be as well armed as any potential threat. I don't want to be a victim.

In the past, the biggest threat to unarmed people was the government. History can and will repeat itself if the same circumstances come about.

I would live in fear of a liberal government and a gun ban. It would be the end.

Should AUTOMATIC firearms be legal ?

For me, Timmy, I have no concerns my owning a Mini Gun responsibly.

Minigun - Wikipedia

You, I'd worry about being too close to a stack of Popsicle sticks.

No one here was a bit concerned nor was anyone ever harmed. You I wouldn't trust to park cars in the parking lot.

What difference does it make, Timmy? You are looking for an answer that will allow you to bash those who support the 2nd amendment. Fact is that it makes no difference what is legal or not. Those who would murder don't give a rat's ass about laws and there are more than enough illegal firearms they can get ahold of. Remember all those weapons that the Obama administration allowed into the hands of criminals? That's just a tiny percent.

Criminals would continue to have all kinds of weapons even if a total ban became law.

The person holding the gun is either dangerous or not dangerous. If a dangerous person does have a weapons of any kind, a gun is the only equalizer. Maybe you liberals are fine with becoming victims should your home get invaded by a gang but many would rather have the means to fight.

Gang home invasions have increased, especially in the southern states. If 4 or 5 gang members kick your door down in the middle of the night, an automatic weapon is your only hope of saving your family.

If guns scare you, don't buy them. I hope you have good home security and cameras to help the police catch the murderers. Of course, if they are illegal, they'll end up in a sanctuary city anyway.

As long as criminals have weapons, I will have mine. Always need to be as well armed as any potential threat. I don't want to be a victim.

In the past, the biggest threat to unarmed people was the government. History can and will repeat itself if the same circumstances come about.

I would live in fear of a liberal government and a gun ban. It would be the end.

I’ll take that as a yes.

Why don’t you just own your screwball position? Why are u embarrassed by it? Unless, deep down you know you are wrong .

I’ll take that as a yes.

Why don’t you just own your screwball position? Why are u embarrassed by it? Unless, deep down you know you are wrong .

YOu haven't owned the fact that your original question is based on a faulty premise, since automatic weapons are not actually banned.

I’m to poor for giggle switches to be legal. But suppresser, now that’s a whole other story. That and the 16” barrel rule. I would love to have an AR in 9mm set up to accept Glock mags with a 10” barrel and suppresser.

I can think autos should be banned . But I’m fine wh guns in general as well as concealed carry .

. If they are a Cruz type, then it is definitely all of our business to keep the guns out of his or his type's hands. Law enforcement failed badly on this note.

They are already legal. You just have to pay the tax.

Well, not really. First you have to have an application signed by your county sheriff. That alone means it’s going to be a lot more than paying tax, you have to bribe the local Sheriff just to apply. Then you have to remember that as an individual you can’t purchase true machine gun manufactured after 1986, which means if you can get one, it’s gonna be really expensive, and worn out. Now, if you are a cop, that is waived. If you have a corporation that does security work or supplies Hollywood then that is also a waiver.

Now back to fully automatic rifles. After you get the Sheriff to sign off, then you submit the application to the ATF with a $200 fee. That fee is not a guarantee that it will be approved, it can still be denied.

Wait, there is more. The ATF can now perform a “compliance inspection” once a year. They can do it more often if there are multiple paperwork violations.

Firearm Owners Protection Act - Wikipedia

So those are the current laws regarding automatic weapons. There are about 175,000 and none of the licensed and legally obtained weapons have ever been used in a crime. Of course we should ban them entirely because all you have to do is pay. Tax right?

Yes. I would reverse that since it is stupid.....

Because it seems like the gun crowd here is against ANY kind of gun control

Wrong.....we support gun control that actually works....that means we support keeping people who use guns to commit actual crimes locked up for a long time.....for me, that would be 30 years for using a gun during a rape, robbery or murder..... and if a felon is caught with an illegal gun, they too go away for 30 years...

If you just do that, you would elminate about 99% of our gun murder problem...

democrats are the ones who keep letting repeat gun offenders out of jail, and those repeat gun offenders are the ones actually murdering the most people..

My gun control plan stops gun crimes....you gun control plan takes guns away from people who don't use them for crime....

Do you see the difference in our plans?

I’ll take that as a yes.

YOu haven't owned the fact that your original question is based on a faulty premise, since automatic weapons are not actually banned.

Effectively they are.

Forum List

Back