Should AUTOMATIC firearms be legal ?

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
I’m trying to gauge the level of the hyper gun crowd here .

They live to lecture about how automatics aren’t really legal, which is true . But that’s water under the bridge .

If you could reverse the ban on auto weapons, would you ?

Because it seems like the gun crowd here is against ANY kind of gun control .

They live to lecture about how automatics aren’t really legal, which is true . But that’s water under the bridge .

You aren't trying to "gauge" anything, you're trolling.

No

No good reason for them to be illegal/baned. But I do not have a problem making them harder to get than a .22

Class III NFA weapons are legal, but subject to a de facto ban the consequence of scarcity, price, and government regulation.

The NFA shouldn’t be repealed, but amended to remove suppressors from the classification.

What would this board be without people trolling?

What’s trolling about it .? Simple question to measure how far on the gun control spectrum people are .

Are u afraid to answer ?

What would this board be without people trolling?

Point taken, but Timmy has no finesse or any real sense of humor is demanded of an accomplished troll.

What’s trolling about it .? Simple question to measure how far on the gun control spectrum people are .

Are u afraid to answer ?

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy. In your pointy head all gun folks are kooks and psychos.

No

Thanks for answering!

I can think autos should be banned . But I’m fine wh guns in general as well as concealed carry .

Are u afraid to answer ?

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy. In your pointy head all gun folks are kooks and psychos.

Not true . Gun folks do not = gun kooks . Two different types of people .

The 2nd Amendment as originally applied is/was against any kind of gun control, other than trigger squeeze.

However a huge problem arose with the freeing of the American Negro slaves, as these destitute and unindoctrinated savages were then wont to commit gun crimes.

Long story short, first the legislatures and then the courts began to sanction "gun control legislation".

it is a misnomer. It controls nothing. But it is a historical reality.

The current SCOTUS under Roberts has already shown their disdain for semi-auto carbines by allowing cities and states to regulate them.

So this is largely a political issue.

Short of imminent impeachment, The Trumpster will be able to seat at least one more SCOTUS justice of his own choosing, who will most likely be pro-strict-constructionist and therefore pro-gun.

My own view is that fully auto carbines spray too much ammo around and burn through your ammo supply too fast.

If I had my own fully auto carbine, which I do not (mine is semi auto only), I would keep the selector switch on semi not full. This is what we teach Soldiers and Marines to do also.

Ergo, if I did have a fully auto carbine, I would not use it on fully auto. I would keep it on semi just as I was originally taught to do by my Uncle Sam and his gunnery sergeants.

Therefore you can further conclude that I do not miss fully auto firearms. Semi is fine for me.

The O/P question is therefore irrelevant.

The 2nd Amendment as originally applied is/was against any kind of gun control, other than trigger squeeze.

However a huge problem arose with the freeing of the American Negro slaves, as these destitute and unindoctrinated savages were then wont to commit gun crimes.

Long story short, first the legislatures and then the courts began to sanction "gun control legislation".

it is a misnomer. It controls nothing. But it is a historical reality.

The current SCOTUS under Roberts has already shown their disdain for semi-auto carbines by allowing cities and states to regulate them.

So this is largely a political issue.

Short of imminent impeachment, The Trumpster will be able to seat at least one more SCOTUS justice of his own choosing, who will most likely be pro-strict-constructionist and therefore pro-gun.

My own view is that fully auto carbines spray too much ammo around and burn through your ammo supply too fast.

If I had my own fully auto carbine, which I do not (mine is semi auto only), I would keep the selector switch on semi not full. This is what we teach Soldiers and Marines to do also.

Ergo, if I did have a fully auto carbine, I would not use it on fully auto. I would keep it on semi just as I was originally taught to do by my Uncle Sam and his gunnery sergeants.

Therefore you can further conclude that I do not miss fully auto firearms. Semi is fine for me.

Geez. All that and you failed to answer the question.

I grew up hunting in Montana as a kid and there were always guns around. We had everything from handguns (6 shooters mostly), to semi automatic handguns (only 1 for home defense), to bolt action rifles, which we had the most of.

I also served 20 years in the military, and one tour spent it on the Security Force where I carried a weapon on patrol.

Here is my opinion. If you want a 6 shooter, have as many as you want. If you want a semi automatic pistol, have as many as you want, but you shouldn't be able to shoot more than 10 rounds before having to reload.

If you want a bolt action rifle? Have as many as you want. Not only are they more accurate than semi automatic weapons, but they also come in calibers of sufficient size to bring down big game.

If you want an AR-15? Have as many as you want, just make sure they are like the first model that came out and only carried 6 rounds before having to be reloaded. You don't need 30 to 100 rounds sent downrange before reloading.

Should bump stocks be legal? Hell no. They make AR15's into fully automatic weapons.

Should fully automatic weapons be legal? Not for civilian use. The only reason to "need" a full auto weapon is in a war zone.

Are u afraid to answer ?

"How far"

Seems like almost no gun violence is done with the weapons in question. There is nothing "far" about allowing people to live as they please, unless of course, you are a far leftist.

I grew up hunting in Montana as a kid and there were always guns around. We had everything from handguns (6 shooters mostly), to semi automatic handguns (only 1 for home defense), to bolt action rifles, which we had the most of.

I also served 20 years in the military, and one tour spent it on the Security Force where I carried a weapon on patrol.

Here is my opinion. If you want a 6 shooter, have as many as you want. If you want a semi automatic pistol, have as many as you want, but you shouldn't be able to shoot more than 10 rounds before having to reload.

If you want a bolt action rifle? Have as many as you want. Not only are they more accurate than semi automatic weapons, but they also come in calibers of sufficient size to bring down big game.

If you want an AR-15? Have as many as you want, just make sure they are like the first model that came out and only carried 6 rounds before having to be reloaded. You don't need 30 to 100 rounds sent downrange before reloading.

Should bump stocks be legal? Hell no. They make AR15's into fully automatic weapons.

Should fully automatic weapons be legal? Not for civilian use. The only reason to "need" a full auto weapon is in a war zone.
Sorry, but I have grown to love my 30 round hi cap mags for my Ruger Mini.

Anybody who wants to take them away can peel them from my cold dead hands.

Forum List

Back