Should AUTOMATIC firearms be legal ?

I’m trying to gauge the level of the hyper gun crowd here .

They live to lecture about how automatics aren’t really legal, which is true . But that’s water under the bridge .

If you could reverse the ban on auto weapons, would you ?

Because it seems like the gun crowd here is against ANY kind of gun control .

The right to bear ARMS shall not be infringed.

WELL REGULATED! you ain’t the only one who can cherry pick lines .

Law abiding citizens need no restrictions, but the wackos who are hidden or hiding behind that big ole tolerance word the left has fooled everyone with, well they need identified first, and then huge restrictions placed on them big time.

I don't think there's an actual need for an automatic unless there's a zombie apocalypse.
But the second amendment isn't based on what some feel is needed.

You can imagine a use for anything. Maybe you want to use it as a bottle opener that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea should be legal.
Besides bottle openers, regarding use of an automatic weapon, how about if this shows up on your front lawn (not in a friendly mood) >>

upload_2018-3-16_19-44-9.jpeg

OR >>>
th

You can imagine a use for anything. Maybe you want to use it as a bottle opener that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea should be legal.
Besides bottle openers, regarding use of an automatic weapon, how about if this shows up on your front lawn (not in a friendly mood) >>

View attachment 183060
OR >>>
th

Various kinds of Handguns or shotgun would suffice .

How often do you expect a gang of malcontents at your door ?

They live to lecture about how automatics aren’t really legal, which is true . But that’s water under the bridge .

. How about gauging the wacky left's next meltdown, wouldn't that be alot easier ??

News flash Francis . Being against automatic weapons is not a “wacky “ viewpoint . The opposite is true .

Full auto should never be banned as long as liberals on college campuses, and in news media advocate violence against white people.

I’m good with having a semi auto.

A semi auto and a little tannerite is a good recipe for a fun afternoon.... :)

Various kinds of Handguns or shotgun would suffice .

How often do you expect a gang of malcontents at your door ?
1. No handgun would suffice without fully automatic fire.

2. There are scenarios in which "often" doesn't apply. One of them is when the STAKES are your life. It only takes ONE time for you to be dead, and if that happens, you don't get a second chance. I'd rather be prepared (the Boy scout motto)

Full auto should never be banned as long as liberals on college campuses, and in news media advocate violence against white people.
There are a number of scenarios that justify ownership of fully automatic rifles, for self defense.

You qualify they should be legal, I have a license for them, it took a while to get it years ago. Law abiding don’t perpetrait violent crimes, The vast majority of firearms are never used in violent crime.

Last edited:

. How about gauging the wacky left's next meltdown, wouldn't that be alot easier ??

News flash Francis . Being against automatic weapons is not a “wacky “ viewpoint . The opposite is true .
. News Flash Timmilley... Being against anything the good citizens have is as wacky as it gets.

I just showed that being for legality of automatic rifles is not only sane, but necessary, for responsible protection of oneself and family. (see Post # 44)

I grew up hunting in Montana as a kid and there were always guns around. We had everything from handguns (6 shooters mostly), to semi automatic handguns (only 1 for home defense), to bolt action rifles, which we had the most of.

I also served 20 years in the military, and one tour spent it on the Security Force where I carried a weapon on patrol.

Here is my opinion. If you want a 6 shooter, have as many as you want. If you want a semi automatic pistol, have as many as you want, but you shouldn't be able to shoot more than 10 rounds before having to reload.

If you want a bolt action rifle? Have as many as you want. Not only are they more accurate than semi automatic weapons, but they also come in calibers of sufficient size to bring down big game.

If you want an AR-15? Have as many as you want, just make sure they are like the first model that came out and only carried 6 rounds before having to be reloaded. You don't need 30 to 100 rounds sent downrange before reloading.

Should bump stocks be legal? Hell no. They make AR15's into fully automatic weapons.

Should fully automatic weapons be legal? Not for civilian use. The only reason to "need" a full auto weapon is in a war zone.
Shit for brains, You do not understand the second amendment or firearms. Firearms have no control over people.
Bolt action rifles generally are not any more accurate than semi automatic rifles, you watch far too many Hollywood movies made by child molesting Hollywood types.

You don’t have the credibility to tell anybody on the type of rifle/firearms they can own...

I grew up hunting in Montana as a kid and there were always guns around. We had everything from handguns (6 shooters mostly), to semi automatic handguns (only 1 for home defense), to bolt action rifles, which we had the most of.

I also served 20 years in the military, and one tour spent it on the Security Force where I carried a weapon on patrol.

Here is my opinion. If you want a 6 shooter, have as many as you want. If you want a semi automatic pistol, have as many as you want, but you shouldn't be able to shoot more than 10 rounds before having to reload.

If you want a bolt action rifle? Have as many as you want. Not only are they more accurate than semi automatic weapons, but they also come in calibers of sufficient size to bring down big game.

If you want an AR-15? Have as many as you want, just make sure they are like the first model that came out and only carried 6 rounds before having to be reloaded. You don't need 30 to 100 rounds sent downrange before reloading.

Should bump stocks be legal? Hell no. They make AR15's into fully automatic weapons.

Should fully automatic weapons be legal? Not for civilian use. The only reason to "need" a full auto weapon is in a war zone.
Sorry, but I have grown to love my 30 round hi cap mags for my Ruger Mini.

Anybody who wants to take them away can peel them from my cold dead hands.

Are you really such a crappy shot that it takes you 30 rounds to hit your target?
You ever heard of varmint hunting shit for brains? LOL

Refuted in post # 44.

I don't think there's an actual need for an automatic unless there's a zombie apocalypse.
But the second amendment isn't based on what some feel is needed.
Baseball bat or short sword is better. No need to reload and not so loud you attract the 100 zombies who would come running over to the noise of your gun.

Come on people, this is basic zombie survival 101!

I personally believe everyone should have access to weapons of mass destruction. I'm strongly supportive of the annihilation of the human race and the ruination of Planet Earth. Chemical weapons and nuclear warheads for everyone!

I can think autos should be banned . But I’m fine wh guns in general as well as concealed carry .
Challenge: Do you think there is no use that an ordinary law-abiding citizen would/could have for an automatic rifle (AKA machine gun) ?

Yes I don’t think there is a use for it . Whatever minor use is far outweighed by the danger to the public by the potential criminal use of the weapon .
Quit falling down the well, other peoples firearm ownership is none of your business none of my business and certainly none of the federal governments business...

Forum List

Back