Should Arnold Schwartzenegger be eligble for presidencey?

Should Arnold Schwartzenegger be eligble for presidencey?

• Yes

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 34 87.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wolvie20m

Oct 20, 2004
Seattle, Wa
I'm sort of torn I don't think Forigners should be eligble for the stature of President, although I think Arnold would be a good canidate.

Arnold would be a good candidate. But the Constition was set up the way it was for a reason and i dont fee like we should be tampering with that very basic requirement. Besides when he gets done as Governor he is going to make Terminator 4 and id like to see him do that before he is so old its not funny.

Scwartzeneggar is just another fucking phoney ass neocon like George Bush. Just like Mccain and Bush, he says that mass deportation is out of the question...any politician who agrees with this is not a f****ng conservative.

Besides, only a native born american can be president.

:piss2:
Captain_Steel said:
Scwartzeneggar is just another fucking phoney ass neocon like George Bush. Just like Mccain and Bush, he says that mass deportation is out of the question...any politician who agrees with this is not a f****ng conservative.

Besides, only a native born american can be president.

He, should and He will,
The law will be changed, I say again, "WILL be changed."
He is a shoe in, because he has the popular support of the World.
The politicians and capitalist, will capitalize on this trend of putting actors and front men in public view.
Just watch it happen.

White knight said:
He, should and He will,
The law will be changed, I say again WILL be changed.
The politicians and capitalist, will capitalize on this trend of butting actors and front men in public view.
Just watch it happen.

arnold is kerry on roids

wolvie20m said:
I'm sort of torn I don't think Forigners should be eligble for the stature of President, although I think Arnold would be a good canidate.

What about him would be good? He's a closet liberal disguised as a conservative....

White knight said:
He, should and He will,
The law will be changed, I say again, "WILL be changed."
The politicians and capitalist, will capitalize on this trend of putting actors and front men in public view.
Just watch it happen.

Never gonna happen...Look at the poll results 17-1..It's so asinine no one is even commenting, why?
Cuz...who would be after Schwartzenegger...CHIRAC (sp)?
This is a no brainer and we don't change the Constitution on popularity or (feelings).

Arnold would be a good candidate. But the Constition was set up the way it was for a reason and i dont fee like we should be tampering with that very basic requirement. Besides when he gets done as Governor he is going to make Terminator 4 and id like to see him do that before he is so old its not funny.

I agree. I don't think we should change the Constitution just because of the popularity of one man. Arnold might very well make a good President, but who knows who that might open the door for years from now.

-Cp said:
What about him would be good? He's a closet liberal disguised as a conservative....

Maybe in some ways, but I think he generally does care more about what’s good for the people as a whole then special interests. I think all this was lost on politicians through one way or another, they started caring more about thier pockets then the countries. Not that I'm saying anything illeagalwas done but look at Haliburton. Hmmm....you think they go the contract cause they earned it? Also Enron like Bush and Cheney didn't know anything about that BULLSHIT!! Those are just some of the things that were exposed. Now I don't think we should change our constitution for forigners, but I think Arnold would be a good president. Now don't go attacking me being a liberal hippie but Bush and Cheney were good for some big businesses for some reason.(not just to help the econmy) Thats why and what I belive now I'm not gonna go trying to back it up with facts, that Bush did all this, but I think some descions should be considered with your heart as well as head.

Mr. P said:
Never gonna happen...Look at the poll results 17-1..It's so asinine no one is even commenting, why?
Cuz...who would be after Schwartzenegger...CHIRAC (sp)?
This is a no brainer and we don't change the Constitution on popularity or (feelings).

One Major difference between Chirac and Ahnold is that Ahnold has been in this country for over twenty years.

I am completely fine with anyone who has LIVED 25 years IN the United States AS a full citizen, being eligible for the presidency.

wolvie20m said:
... look at Haliburton. Hmmm....you think they go the contract cause they earned it?

Haliburton is one of 3(i think-i don't know if it is 3 or 4) companies that do the type of work they do, and only Haliburton can do it on the level that's needed in Iraq.

Who gives a fuck if Cheney ran the company? He knows the company and their capabilities. What other companies do what Haliburton does, on the same volume level?

If you have a child or young female relative that sold girl scout cookies, you would buy them from her exclusively, and not the girl that lives a few blocks away, who's in a competing troop, right?

nbdysfu said:
One Major difference between Chirac and Ahnold is that Ahnold has been in this country for over twenty years.

I am completely fine with anyone who has LIVED 25 years IN the United States AS a full citizen, being eligible for the presidency.

It'd be opening a can of worms I don't want to open. While 25 years may be enough for a senator or cabinet member, our highest office need to be completely loyal to America, and requiring citizenship by birth is really the best way to do so.

Hobbit said:
It'd be opening a can of worms I don't want to open. While 25 years may be enough for a senator or cabinet member, our highest office need to be completely loyal to America, and requiring citizenship by birth is really the best way to do so.

michael moore is a citizen by birth, but he is far from loyal. same with 99% of Hollywood, and all of California... sometimes, immigrants are more loyal to the US than it's own citizens. they are more thankful to be here, able to make a life for themselves and give their kids more opportunities in life. We often take that for granted.

fuzzykitten99 said:
michael moore is a citizen by birth, but he is far from loyal. same with 99% of Hollywood, and all of California... sometimes, immigrants are more loyal to the US than it's own citizens. they are more thankful to be here, able to make a life for themselves and give their kids more opportunities in life. We often take that for granted.

Good point----Some immigrants have the same thoughts on the future for America that I do. Many of our American born citizens would sell us down the river!

Hobbit said:

Benedict Arnold

Timothy McVeigh

I could add to this a long list of those born in this nation who have betrayed it but I think you get the point. To suggest that US citizens who were foreign born are somehow less loyal is both ignorant and ill-considered. I will admit that I am less than objective on this topic since I was a German citizen and gained US citizenship through naturalization. But I doubt that you will find any person born in this country who is more "American" than I.

But that being said, I that the provision in the Constitution which requires one to be born a citizen in order to hold the office of President should not be tampered with. Teresa Heinz Kerry is a prime example of why that concept is fundamentally sound.

Can you imagine having a president who posesses her world view? Well don't look now, but her "American born" gigolo isn't far removed.

Allegiance is something drummed into a person while still young. It is how people form their "roots". Patriotism takes root when a child follows his adult relatives examples. It starts when he plays with sparklers on the 4th or listens to "God Bless America" being sung or saying the pledge in school every morning.

Someone may have lived for 25 years in America but may still not be a true American. He may have spent his first formative 20 years in some other country and developed "roots" elsewhere to which he will hold allegiance for the rest of his life. At the age of 45, even having lived in America for 25 years, he could very easily "belong" to another country in his heart and mind and not have America first in his heart. Not to mention he could very easily be a "plant".

An American President must have his roots in America, imo.

is a REASON for no foreign borns to be president... It requires a deep understanding (I hope) of a free nation to be it's leader... An individual that has matured in another society brings alot of that baggage with them.. A native born would, presumambly, be free of such baggage, and better gauge the people and it's wishes.,...

Forum List

Back