Should Army National Guard Troops Shoot Illegal Border Crossers ?

`
Don't quit your daytime job to become a lawyer. - Posse Comitatus Act and the US Military on the Border - What the National Guard Can and Cannot Do

"The act does not apply to the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The United States Coast Guard, which operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act either, primarily because although the Coast Guard is an armed service, it also has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission."

Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia

Posse Comitatus Act applies to the US Army, not the Army National Guard. What did you think ? > that we should just allow ourselves to be invaded ?Posse Comitatus also doesn't not apply to the Air National Guard or the US Coast Guard.
`
Don't quit your daytime job to become a lawyer. - Posse Comitatus Act and the US Military on the Border - What the National Guard Can and Cannot Do

So, without a congressional trigger, they might as well be wall mart greeters

grand....

Does anyone realize were addressing the WRONG end of all this ?

Congress could use political pressure, in concert with a multitude of countries, against these S American sh*holes to 'clean it up'

Where are THEY w/that?

~S~

Why even have a military if it isn't to be used to defend the homeland?

We send our military off to other lands but the point of having one is to defend from invasion.

We send our military off to other lands but the point of having one is to defend from invasion.
It is the MOST important function of the military. 400,000+ military members did not sacrifice their lives in World War II, so we could now sit idly by, and allow our country to be invaded by criminal foreign leeches.

When I served in the Army National Guard, I was told the first duty of the Army National Guard is to do what the name "National Guard" clearly states > to guard the nation. And the first priority of that is to stop foreigners from invading the USA.

I thought your main job was peeling potatoes...

But anyway, um, no, they aren't "invading", they are responding to invitations from American employers who realize they'll work harder than your lazy white trash ass.

Because this isn't an 'invasion', it's an immigration issue.

These people are breaking misdemeanors that most sensible people realize are impractical. We've needed immigration reform for decades,but we can't fix the problem because of the racist assholes who live in mortal fear their daughters might date Mexicans.

"The act does not apply to the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The United States Coast Guard, which operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act either, primarily because although the Coast Guard is an armed service, it also has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission." Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia
`
You didn't read my link...hell, you didn't even fully read the link you sent me. They assist local law enforcement. They have NO arrest powers. They cannot shoot people. The Coast Guard has nothing to do with this event, you are confusing yourself.

The Military, the Mexican Border and Posse Comitatus: Four Key Takeaways
`

When I served in the Army National Guard, I was told the first duty of the Army National Guard is to do what the name "National Guard" clearly states > to guard the nation. And the first priority of that is to stop foreigners from invading the USA.

And the definition of invading
? > "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.) Well, the caravaners already entered Mexico, from Guatemala, forcibly, and one could call it hostilely, being that it's disrespecting Mexico's immigration and border law. In doing so, the border crossers tore down fences and physical barriers.

There's no doubt that the thousands of people in this caravan have exactly that same thing in mind for the United States. The solution to stop them, according to my National Guard officers is to meet the force with greater force, and use whatever force is necessary to stop and repel the invaders.

Since an effective border wall is not yet in place or electrified fencing, barbed wire, etc, this would mean possibly shooting hundreds of the caravaners, gassing them at the border, or possibly even using artillery. The military has its job to do, the question is can (and should) we allow Honduras, Guatemala and other countries to invade us ?

A lot of Orange Anus BS here.

"There's no doubt"

Go to bed. Drink some wiskey.

I thought your main job was peeling potatoes...

But anyway, um, no, they aren't "invading", they are responding to invitations from American employers who realize they'll work harder than your lazy white trash ass.
I'll go with the OP definition of "invading" as stated >

> "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.)

As for these invitations you mention, from whom ? Do they have names ? :laugh:

? > "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.) Well, the caravaners already entered Mexico, from Guatemala, forcibly, and one could call it hostilely, being that it's disrespecting Mexico's immigration and border law. In doing so, the border crossers tore down fences and physical barriers.

There's no doubt that the thousands of people in this caravan have exactly that same thing in mind for the United States. The solution to stop them, according to my National Guard officers is to meet the force with greater force, and use whatever force is necessary to stop and repel the invaders.

Since an effective border wall is not yet in place or electrified fencing, barbed wire, etc, this would mean possibly shooting hundreds of the caravaners, gassing them at the border, or possibly even using artillery. The military has its job to do, the question is can (and should) we allow Honduras, Guatemala and other countries to invade us ?
Sounds like pepper spray repelled most of them on Mexico's southern border. I'm sure there are less lethal ways to repel them other than just shoot them but if the ones leading the pack like the fifty or so that made it through look like they could be military infiltrators or dangerous to citizens I'd say shoot them if they refuse to halt.

And I sure hope they take credit for it, but they will find a way to put it on Democrats.
`
Where I come from, people who promote MURDER such as the OP advocates and those who sit silently by and do or say nothing about it, are equally as guilty of murder...which in this case includes christians, evangelicals and conservatives.
So from what you are saying Kate Brown (Oregon's governor) and the rest of the liberal gang in colleges throughout that were calling for Lavoy Finucum and the other ranchers and their supporters be shot too at Malhuer are simply all liberal murderers. Thanks for that clarification.

This is the writing of a very sick person. He is justifying an atrocity and murder of women and children. America has a history of inviting and welcoming people trying to escape oppressive and war-torn countries. Now some have changed their minds and suggest we kill them instead.

Because this isn't an 'invasion', it's an immigration issue.

These people are breaking misdemeanors that most sensible people realize are impractical. We've needed immigration reform for decades,but we can't fix the problem because of the racist assholes who live in mortal fear their daughters might date Mexicans.
Not only do we NOT need immigration, it is one of the worst HARMS to America. we've ever had, and especially in the screwball way it has occured ever since they (Ted Kennedy et al) opened it up to the world's 3rd world hellholes, in the moronic 1965 immigration act.

But this isn't immigration it's invasion, pure and simple, and this was already covered in Post # 47.

Sounds like pepper spray repelled most of them on Mexico's southern border. I'm sure there are less lethal ways to repel them other than just shoot them but if the ones leading the pack like the fifty or so that made it through look like they could be military infiltrators or dangerous to citizens I'd say shoot them if they refuse to halt.

And I sure hope they take credit for it, but they will find a way to put it on Democrats.
`
Where I come from, people who promote MURDER such as the OP advocates and those who sit silently by and do or say nothing about it, are equally as guilty of murder...which in this case includes christians, evangelicals and conservatives.
So from what you are saying Kate Brown (Oregon's governor) and the rest of the liberal gang in colleges throughout that were calling for Lavoy Finucum and the other ranchers and their supporters be shot too at Malhuer are simply all liberal murderers. Thanks for that clarification.

Oh is he special, I think not. Just another white rancher who thinks he is above the law.
LaVoy Finicum - Wikipedia

Shoot unarmed civilians?

No way to tell if they're unarmed or not, so shoot them. No reason for our soldiers to die or risk harm over criminal invaders. Besides, they're bringing diseases we got rid of and they're bringing in more. They aren't civilians if they're committing crimes.

`
You didn't read my link...hell, you didn't even fully read the link you sent me. They assist local law enforcement. They have NO arrest powers. They cannot shoot people. The Coast Guard has nothing to do with this event, you are confusing yourself.

The Military, the Mexican Border and Posse Comitatus: Four Key Takeaways
`
Who said anything about "arrest" ? This is the invasion of our country, not shoplifting in a convenience store. (see Post # 28)
Maybe you need a bit more convincing. OK. We can do that >>

Exclusions and limitations[edit]
There are a number of situations in which the Act does not apply. These include:

Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia

I'll go with the OP definition of "invading" as stated >

> "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.)

As for these invitations you mention, from whom ? Do they have names ?

Sure any company that hires them... that's who invites them.

They aren't using force and they aren't hostile. "Oh my Gosh, he hostilely picked that lettuce for me. And that one is hostilely cleaning toilets... all this hostility!!! "

`

Oh is he special, I think not. Just another white rancher who thinks he is above the law.
He was murdered.

`

Festus Finicum failed criminal 101. Never go for your gun when cops are pointing their guns at you.

Forum List

Back