Should Abortion Be Illegal Once a Heartbeat Is Detectable?

So a fetus can live on it's own without the mother.
You folks are not very smart.

"living on its own" is not the standard by which genetics functions.

*snicker snicker*

Please, tell me more about this thing you call "smart".

:rofl:

Show me where genetics has anything to do with abortion and maybe your credibility will leap above zero.

Clearly, you have no dog in an intelligent race.

Genetics proves that a fetus is not of the same genetic material as the mother. End of story. A FETUS does NOT have the same DNA as the mother. comprendo?

Tell me more about "credibility" after proving what kind of a mouth-breathing idiot you are. Seriously, dude. Just stop before you become an easier target as someone who CLEARLY has no idea what the fuck they are talking about in this thread.

:lol:

"Show me where genetics has anything to do with abortion"

"living on its own" is not the standard by which genetics functions.

*snicker snicker*

Please, tell me more about this thing you call "smart".

Show me where genetics has anything to do with abortion and maybe your credibility will leap above zero.

Clearly, you have no dog in an intelligent race.

Genetics proves that a fetus is not of the same genetic material as the mother. End of story. A FETUS does NOT have the same DNA as the mother. comprendo?

Tell me more about "credibility" after proving what kind of a mouth-breathing idiot you are. Seriously, dude. Just stop before you become an easier target as someone who CLEARLY has no idea what the fuck they are talking about in this thread.

:lol:

"Show me where genetics has anything to do with abortion"

And what does that have to do with the laws on abortion?
Genetics plays a part in who gets prosecuted or who doesn't under a state's criminal code?
:cuckoo:

You have no clue. Abortion is a LEGAL argument. Roe v. Wade is the law now.
We are a nation of LAWS, not men.
Something about The US Constitution, a document you are ignorant of, that was founded on limiting the power of government.
But keep it up. Your "arguments" are entertaining.

You'll have to forgive Gadawg73... She's still having problems acclimating to germ theory and Pasteurization.

You are once again wrong.
Imagine that.
I am a HE.

That is not what your box of tampons say.

Go read a book about science, you dumb geriatric bastard.

So now we have claims that the laws on abortion are based on not only genetics but all science.:cuckoo:
I LOVE IT!
I always know when someone has lost an argument and admits defeat.
They have no argument and are left with ONLY insults.
But go ahead. I have been shot at, beat up and left for dead.
Sticks and stones.
Come back when you have an argument on the laws on the books and what it will take to repeal Roe.
But I doubt you are intelligent enough to think that far.

You are once again wrong.
Imagine that.
I am a HE.

So now we have claims that the laws on abortion are based on not only genetics but all science.:cuckoo:
I LOVE IT!
Sticks and stones.
Come back when you have an argument on the laws on the books and what it will take to repeal Roe.

In which video game were you beat up?

I LOVE IT!
Sticks and stones.

In which video game were you beat up?

You folks are the perfect example of the American mentality, never address and work on THE PROBLEM.
Abortion is A LARGE PROBLEM that I oppose. I am adamantly opposed to abortion.
Your approach is similar to what we do with our "security" at airports. "Oh, terrorism is a real problem so we have to search for weapons" is their insane policy.
The Isrealis do not look and search for weapons. THEY LOOK FOR TERRORISTS, profile, do anything to stop someone. That is called security.
I search for SOLUTIONS to the problems. To date you and no one else here has offered any solutuions. Laws?:lol: We know they do not work with abortion. They are the easy way out of the problem as the drug laws are. What do they do with drug problem? Ignore what causes the problem, pass laws because drug use is out of control and label the drug laws that "control substances".:cuckoo: As if we have any control over them now.
Go ahead and take the easy road and jump on that band wagon.
I set the bar higher and search for ways to prevent women from making that terrible decision to have an abortion.

Your "higher bar" is achieving a bowel movement every other day, you goofy old fucker. The OP of this thread IS a compromise on a contentious issue that isn't going anywhere regardless of how many retarded "derp derp what does genetics hafta do with it derp" posts you offer. The solution, in an age of wide-ranged options to control pregnancy IS responsibility. No one is towing the tired bullshit from the 80s that you are having a flashback of; this isn't even a moral argument anymore. But, given your complete and, honestly laughable, grasp on this issue beyond trite rebuttals I guess it's no wonder that your tantrum speaks louder than your retired opinion.

back to the baby food with you, urinator.

Your "higher bar" is achieving a bowel movement every other day, you goofy old fucker. The OP of this thread IS a compromise on a contentious issue that isn't going anywhere regardless of how many retarded "derp derp what does genetics hafta do with it derp" posts you offer. The solution, in an age of wide-ranged options to control pregnancy IS responsibility. No one is towing the tired bullshit from the 80s that you are having a flashback of; this isn't even a moral argument anymore. But, given your complete and, honestly laughable, grasp on this issue beyond trite rebuttals I guess it's no wonder that your tantrum speaks louder than your retired opinion.

Where did I make it a moral argument?:cuckoo:
What rebuttals? From you?:lol::lol:
You make no valid argument anywhere and stand for nothing. No where have you offered anything of any substance relative to how to stop women from having an abortion.
Fact is you are too young, naive and gullible to offer anything credible.

You make no valid argument anywhere and stand for nothing. No where have you offered anything of any substance relative to how to stop women from having an abortion.

You've accused the opposition of making a moral argument. Seriously, did you shit your brain out with your Metamucil today? I guess I'll chock this up to the same brilliance that stems from your comprehension of genetics.

:thup:

Again, you can avoid the point of the OP all day long and cry like a victim in some hilarious knee-jerk reaction but smarter people than you have already posted in this thread and they all understand the valid arguments that I've made. Go cry in your oatmeal.

Fact is, you are too old, stupid, and worthless to do more than laugh at in this thread, you fucking genetics mastermind.

You've accused the opposition of making a moral argument. Seriously, did you shit your brain out with your Metamucil today? I guess I'll chock this up to the same brilliance that stems from your comprehension of genetics.

Again, you can avoid the point of the OP all day long and cry like a victim in some hilarious knee-jerk reaction but smarter people than you have already posted in this thread and they all understand the valid arguments that I've made. Go cry in your oatmeal.

Fact is, you are too old, stupid, and worthless to do more than laugh at in this thread, you fucking genetics mastermind.

As usual, you are real good at guessing what you believe OTHER PEOPLE believe but fall short once again of formulating any adult argument as to what your beliefs are.

So tell us if GoBananas in the 7th at Calder at 20-1 is a good bet or not.

As usual, you are real good at guessing what you believe OTHER PEOPLE believe but fall short once again of formulating any adult argument as to what your beliefs are.

I'll take that as a "Ok, OK, Shogun, UNCLE! I admit that I am a fucking idiot and probably shouldn't have posted in this thread."

While I will admit I have not read back through this entire thread I do want to bring up one point. It is amazing to me that a teenager who is speeding and causes a wreck can be convicted of manslaughter if an expecting mother miscarries due to the accident. Yet that same mother could by choice get an abortion? The definition of manslaughter is - "The unlawful killing of one human by another without express or implied intent to do injury." So if in one case the fetus is a human why would it not be a human in the other case?

While I will admit I have not read back through this entire thread I do want to bring up one point. It is amazing to me that a teenager who is speeding and causes a wreck can be convicted of manslaughter if an expecting mother miscarries due to the accident. Yet that same mother could by choice get an abortion? The definition of manslaughter is - "The unlawful killing of one human by another without express or implied intent to do injury." So if in one case the fetus is a human why would it not be a human in the other case?

Mostly because the same people didn't make the two laws in question, and they weren't made at the same time, so they weren't looked at for consistency between them.

What, there are really gross contradictions in the states' criminal codes?
Here in America? How could that be? Laws ALWAYS work.
You make a very good point. One that I have been attempting to get through to the thick skulls here for a very long time.

I'll take that as a "Ok, OK, Shogun, UNCLE! I admit that I am a fucking idiot and probably shouldn't have posted in this thread."

How could I give up debating you?
You never take any concrete position on anything. You are a floater.
The last time I saw something like you, I flushed it.

I think the problem with Abortion is that laws to limit it, make it more frustrating to get or even outlaw it completely are pointless.

Prohibition of alcohol didn't work because people wanted to drink. Gun control laws don't work because people want (or feel they need) guns. Prostitution is illegal, but you'd have no problem finding one if you looked. The war on Drugs has been an excercise in futility.

The thing is, even before Roe, the laws weren't enforced very hard. Women were never put in jail for having them, and rarely were the people who provided them prosecuted. now that it's been legal for 40 years, I don't think you'd be able to clamp down on it effectively.

But I think that all side can agree that reducing the number of abortions would be a desirable thing. So how do we get there?

My thought-

Better sex education.
Better pre-natal programs and reforming health care.
More support for adoption and showing it in a more positive light.

I think the problem with Abortion is that laws to limit it, make it more frustrating to get or even outlaw it completely are pointless.

Prohibition of alcohol didn't work because people wanted to drink. Gun control laws don't work because people want (or feel they need) guns. Prostitution is illegal, but you'd have no problem finding one if you looked. The war on Drugs has been an excercise in futility.

The thing is, even before Roe, the laws weren't enforced very hard. Women were never put in jail for having them, and rarely were the people who provided them prosecuted. now that it's been legal for 40 years, I don't think you'd be able to clamp down on it effectively.

But I think that all side can agree that reducing the number of abortions would be a desirable thing. So how do we get there?

My thought-

Better sex education.
Better pre-natal programs and reforming health care.
More support for adoption and showing it in a more positive light.

Your argument is based on facts and history.
It has no ideology or dreams in it so you are wasting your time and they will not listen.

I don't like the idea of abortion... But a woman should have the right to choose.
I mind my business.
On the other side think cost... How many more woman & children would be on the tit?

How could I give up debating you?
You never take any concrete position on anything. You are a floater.
The last time I saw something like you, I flushed it.

... The same way you eventually had to give up regular undies for adult diaper: sometimes your shit flows a bit too regular to keep going.

Indeed, I've taken THIS OP as my position on the abortion issue; as stated in my very first post on this forum all those years ago, no less.

You, sir, have masticated this topic like toothless dentures.

Forum List

Back