Should a special prosecutor be appointed to investigate House Benghazi Committee?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
For years, House Republicans had claimed the Benghazi probe was about investigating the events surrounding the 2012 attack in Libya that left four Americans dead, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, rather than undermining Clinton’s potential presidential bid.

But after McCarthy’s Kinsley gaffe, which was among the factors that doomed his seemingly-inevitable rise to the House Speakership, and now Hanna’s admission, there is growing doubt even among GOPers about the Benghazi Committee’s true purpose.

McCarthy and Hanna aren’t the only Republicans to publicly declare that the Benghazi Committee has been on a partisan quest. Over the weekend, Maj. Bradley Podliska, a Republican investigator formerly working on the Committee, revealed that he had lost his job for refusing to solely focus his investigation on Clinton. Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), who heads the Committee, denies the charge.

Clinton is set to testify before the Committee, which has now continued longer than the Watergate probe, on October 22nd.

More: Second Republican Congressman Admits Benghazi Committee Was ‘Designed To Go After’ Clinton

This now makes THREE Republicans who have publicly stated that the House Benghazi Committee was designed to take down Hillary. I believe a special prosecutor should be appointed to investigate this political witch hunt against Hillary Clinton, which was designed to drive down her poll numbers and keep her from becoming the next president.

"House Republicans aren't even shy anymore about admitting that the Benghazi Committee is a partisan farce," campaign spokesman Brian Fallon said in a statement. "After failing to produce any new information on the tragic 2012 attacks at Benghazi despite a 17-month investigation, John Boehner has reportedly urged the committee to shift its focus to Hillary Clinton's emails in an ongoing effort to try to hurt her politically. Hillary Clinton will still attend next week's hearing, but at this point, Trey Gowdy's inquiry has zero credibility left."

Another Gop-Er Admits It: Benghazi Committee Rigged

Since Benghazi wasn't gaining any traction - they shifted the committee focus to emails. The Republicans continue their shameless witch hunts against Hillary. This should be investigated by a special prosecutor.

Last edited:
A special prosecutor should be appointed to investigate every Obama Administration appointee and official for incompetence and corruption. And they're all guilty.

No. I think we have wasted enough money on this bullshit.
The only thing we should be questioning is why this admin lied to us so much about it. Abd why they continue to about a lot of things.

Why has it taken so long and cost so much? Democrat stonewalling and outright lawlessness......still don't have documents requested. Any repud who undermining this effort at proper oversight should be dumped..

1150x647

There's something fishy about conservatives' Benghazi obsession

NaziCons are trying to preserve the illusion that there is something to be caught until November 2016.

An Empty Conspiracy: The House Benghazi investigation is now thoroughly discredited as a partisan sham.

The House Benghazi investigation is partisan sham: The GOP committee investigating Hillary Clinton has been completely discredited.

Someone must be held accountable for this partisan witch hunt.

How about the person that has held back information and requested evidence?

Oh, wait...

that would be Hillary.

Never mind

Hillary will appear before the House Benghazi Committee next Thursday, October 22, and she had to fight them to have the hearing made public. The Committee wanted a "closed" hearing. Hillary wants the world to see what is going on.

An Empty Conspiracy: The House Benghazi investigation is now thoroughly discredited as a partisan sham.

The House Benghazi investigation is partisan sham: The GOP committee investigating Hillary Clinton has been completely discredited.

Oh, wait...

that would be Hillary.

Never mind
Now they have everything and they can't find anything.

I want to see Trey Gowdy's e-mails. I want to see the "take Hillary down" and the "try to keep this going until the election" e-mails.

For years, House Republicans had claimed the Benghazi probe was about investigating the events surrounding the 2012 attack in Libya that left four Americans dead, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, rather than undermining Clinton’s potential presidential bid.

But after McCarthy’s Kinsley gaffe, which was among the factors that doomed his seemingly-inevitable rise to the House Speakership, and now Hanna’s admission, there is growing doubt even among GOPers about the Benghazi Committee’s true purpose.

McCarthy and Hanna aren’t the only Republicans to publicly declare that the Benghazi Committee has been on a partisan quest. Over the weekend, Maj. Bradley Podliska, a Republican investigator formerly working on the Committee, revealed that he had lost his job for refusing to solely focus his investigation on Clinton. Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), who heads the Committee, denies the charge.

Clinton is set to testify before the Committee, which has now continued longer than the Watergate probe, on October 22nd.

More: Second Republican Congressman Admits Benghazi Committee Was ‘Designed To Go After’ Clinton

This now makes THREE Republicans who have publicly stated that the House Benghazi Committee was designed to take down Hillary. I believe a special prosecutor should be appointed to investigate this political witch hunt against Hillary Clinton, which was designed to drive down her poll numbers and keep her from becoming the next president.

Wonder why Obama said Hillary's emails were a legitimate issue?

Wonder why Obama said Hillary's emails were a legitimate issue?

True, but there's more to it than that.

Obama described Clinton’s email setup as a “legitimate” issue, but cautioned that the criticism has been fueled by partisan politics.

Obama: Clinton's email wasn't security threat

Without the documents Hilly can lie thru her teeth. This reeks of john boehner and If a repub wins next election his ass should be investigated

Oh, wait...

that would be Hillary.

Never mind

I want to see Trey Gowdy's e-mails. I want to see the "take Hillary down" and the "try to keep this going until the election" e-mails.

They do?

the DOJ and FBI have released the latest round of emails to the committee?

They've recovered all the deleted emails?

Interesting

Oh, wait...

that would be Hillary.

Never mind

They do?

Interesting
They have it all.

I can't wait for Hillary to testify on the 22nd and tear this nonsense apart.

Oh, wait...

that would be Hillary.

Never mind

They do?

Interesting
They have it all.

th

Nearly fifteen years ago, the Independent Counsel Law lapsed after controversies concerning overzealous prosecutors like Kenneth Starr -- who had an unlimited budget and little accountability. Today, we face a similar specter of an untethered investigation: the so-called "Select Committee on Benghazi."

The Benghazi Committee Should Stop Wasting Time and Taxpayer Money

This is very reminiscent of the Ken Starr witch hunts.

Oh, wait...

that would be Hillary.

Never mind

They do?

Interesting
They have it all.

th

That's how the majority of Americans feel about this "scandal."

Forum List

Back