Shooting in Paris.....but...they have gun control...don't they?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes....there was apparently a disagreement between individuals and someone pulled out an illegal gun and shot someone....we know the gun was illegal because France has all the gun control laws American gun grabbing nuts only dream about...

Paris shooting: Police rule out terrorism after one person injured in Bastille shootout - latest

While there was some confusion, police appeared to have ruled out terrorism, saying the shooting was likely the result of a "private dispute".

A man was shot in the stomach at 6.15pm local time in the Place de la Bastille in the 11th arrondissement - an area popular with tourists. Police said his condition was not life threatening.

A man "who could have fired the shots" has been arrested. A suspected accomplice is reportedly at large.

Another example of the typical dumbness of the American Right. Do they give right wingers dumb pills? Inquiring minds want to know.

Study IDs 3 laws that could greatly reduce gun deaths - CNN.com

How gun control works in America, compared with 4 other rich countries
The real reason the NRA is so powerful

Eric had been looking into the Brady Bill. Congress had passed the law restricting the purchase of most popular semiautomatic machine guns in 1993. A federal system of instant background checks would soon go into effect. Eric was going to have a hard time getting around that.

"Fuck you Brady!" Eric wrote in his journal. All he wanted was a couple of guns - "and thanks to your fucking bill I will probably not get any!" He wanted them only for personal protection, he joked: "Its not like I'm some psycho who would go on a shooting spree. fuckers."

Eric frequently made his research do double duty for both schoolwork and his master plan. He wrote up a short research assignment on the Brady Bill that week. It was a good idea in theory, he said, aside from the loopholes. The biggest problem was that checks applied only to licensed dealers, not private dealers. So two-thirds of the licensed dealers had just gone private. "The FBI just shot themselves in the foot," he concluded."

Eric was rational about his firepower. "As of this date I have enough explosives to kill about 100 people," he wrote. With axes, bayonets, and assorted blades, he could maybe take out ten more. That was as far as hand to-hand combat would get him. A hundred and ten people. "that just isn't enough!"

"Guns!" the entry concluded. "I need guns! Give me some fucking firearms! " p.280 'Columbine' by Dave Cullen [bold added]

Another example of the typical dumbness of the American Right. Do they give right wingers dumb pills? Inquiring minds want to know.

Eric had been looking into the Brady Bill. Congress had passed the law restricting the purchase of most popular semiautomatic machine guns in 1993. A federal system of instant background checks would soon go into effect. Eric was going to have a hard time getting around that.

"Fuck you Brady!" Eric wrote in his journal. All he wanted was a couple of guns - "and thanks to your fucking bill I will probably not get any!" He wanted them only for personal protection, he joked: "Its not like I'm some psycho who would go on a shooting spree. fuckers."

Eric frequently made his research do double duty for both schoolwork and his master plan. He wrote up a short research assignment on the Brady Bill that week. It was a good idea in theory, he said, aside from the loopholes. The biggest problem was that checks applied only to licensed dealers, not private dealers. So two-thirds of the licensed dealers had just gone private. "The FBI just shot themselves in the foot," he concluded."

Eric was rational about his firepower. "As of this date I have enough explosives to kill about 100 people," he wrote. With axes, bayonets, and assorted blades, he could maybe take out ten more. That was as far as hand to-hand combat would get him. A hundred and ten people. "that just isn't enough!"

"Guns!" the entry concluded. "I need guns! Give me some fucking firearms! " p.280 'Columbine' by Dave Cullen [bold added]

Yeah...I saw this and they are nuts.....

Can these geniuses explain how universal background checks for private sales will stop criminals from getting guns? Can you?

First....criminals use straw purchasers..that means that they use someone who can pass the federally mandated background check to buy the guns for them....or the criminals steal the guns.

So....what does universal background checks do to stop a criminal from using a straw purchaser...someone with a clean background check from buying a gun through a private seller? Making the universal background check as useless at stopping criminals from getting guns as the current background checks are.

Mass public shooters pass current background checks...so they can pass universal background checks too.....

See how stupid this "study" is.......with just that point being made.......

The reason they have less gun murder in other countries is the culture of the criminal sub cultures of those other countries...their criminals get guns easily...as I post here all the time....they just do not choose to commit murder as often as American criminals do.......background checks do not stop one crime or mass shooting...

See...it is people like you who don't think this through who believe dumb studies like this....

Is this Eric kid from Columbine.......

You do realize that he was a teenager and it was illegal to sell him a gun...and it wasn't hard to tell he was underage at the time he was sold the guns he used in the shootings...right? So again....this "study" and your example are stupid......

Try thinking about this before you post....

Do you realize that not one thing you have posted would and the alleged solutions would do one thing to stop gun crime or mass shootings.....have you actually thought about it at all....

micro stamping of guns...really? That is one of the things they claim keeps gun crime down?

Do you anti gunners ever think...or do you just pop your gun control thoughts out of your butt and think you are clever?

Do you realize that knives, empty hands and blunt objects murder more people every year than all rifles combined.....? Have you done any research into this topic.....?

There are 3,700,000 AR-15 Rifles in private hands....and do you know how many are ever used for crime each year? Please...look that up.....the so called Assault Weapon ban had absolutely no effect on crime or the crime rate or mass public shootings.....

Can you comprehend numbers....you know...which ones are bigger than the others? This will be important to know if you really want the truth, the facts and the reality of guns in this country.....but you seem to be a typical anti gun nut who doesn't care about reality...you just hate guns.

Here you go genius.......just another example of how stupid and anti gun the bias was in that so called study....

Maryland Scraps Firearms "Ballistic Fingerprinting" Effort, Admits It Was a Complete Waste of Time - The Truth About Guns

But the system — plagued by technological problems — never solved a single case.

[…]

In a old fallout shelter beneath Maryland State Police headquarters in Pikesville, the state has amassed more than 300,000 bullet casings, one from each new handgun sold here since the law took effect. They fill three cavernous rooms secured by a common combination lock.

-----------
But the computerized system designed to sort and match the images never worked as envisioned. In 2007, the state stopped bothering to take the photographs, though hundreds of thousands more casings kept piling up in the fallout shelter.

The ballistic fingerprinting law was repealed effective Oct. 1, ending the requirement that spent casings be sent in. The General Assembly, in repealing the law, authorized the state police to sell off its inventory for scrap.

Did you catch that. The system never solved one…single…case.

This study didn't pass the smell test....or any other real test either...

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/sifter/new-gun-control-study-comes-under-fire

The study used state-level gun control laws and gun violence data to calculate how many deaths could theoretically be avoided by instituting the same laws nationally. Universal background checks alone could reduce nationwide gun deaths by more than half, the study says. However, experts say that some gun control laws already on the books haven’t actually been implemented, raising the possibility that gun death reductions might actually stem from other differences between states, such as differences in income. That’s not to say that the laws aren’t effective. They just might not be as effective as the authors say.

How badly done is this study? This bad...

Gun control study's dramatic results 'implausible', say leading researchers

The paper, published in the British medical journal The Lancet and written by researchers at Boston University, Columbia University and the University of Bern in Switzerland, found that one of the three most effective gun policies were laws requiring ballistic imaging or microstamping, which help law enforcement identify guns used in crimes.

Experts noted that the laws, which were on the books in only three states, were not actually being implemented in practice.

That “would be the biggest red flag, obviously, when they’re finding huge effects of a law that doesn’t exist”, Daniel Webster, the director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research, said.

What is it with you anti gun loons..........you have to make up crap, knowing that people are going to look into it......the truth, the facts and reality never support your anti gun beliefs...ever....yet you still push your crap.....you nuts really do have a phobia about guns...

Can these geniuses explain how universal background checks for private sales will stop criminals from getting guns? Can you?

First....criminals use straw purchasers..that means that they use someone who can pass the federally mandated background check to buy the guns for them....or the criminals steal the guns.

So....what does universal background checks do to stop a criminal from using a straw purchaser...someone with a clean background check from buying a gun through a private seller? Making the universal background check as useless at stopping criminals from getting guns as the current background checks are.

Mass public shooters pass current background checks...so they can pass universal background checks too.....

The reason they have less gun murder in other countries is the culture of the criminal sub cultures of those other countries...their criminals get guns easily...as I post here all the time....they just do not choose to commit murder as often as American criminals do.......background checks do not stop one crime or mass shooting...

See...it is people like you who don't think this through who believe dumb studies like this....

You do realize that he was a teenager and it was illegal to sell him a gun...and it wasn't hard to tell he was underage at the time he was sold the guns he used in the shootings...right? So again....this "study" and your example are stupid......

2aguy- you're wasting your breath, so to speak. Some people think that you can pass enough laws to end violence. They are generally either young and naive, or old and stupid. Find out midcan5's age and you'll know which category she falls into.

2aguy- you're wasting your breath, so to speak. Some people think that you can pass enough laws to end violence. They are generally either young and naive, or old and stupid. Find out midcan5's age and you'll know which category she falls into.

I know...I post for those who are not left wing zombies....for people who don't really know about the gun issues and who may be seeing the debate for the first time when they come to U.S. messageboard.

Remember, television, movies and the news all lie about guns in the country, so the average American has no real sense of actual gun ownership in the United States.....

Yes....there was apparently a disagreement between individuals and someone pulled out an illegal gun and shot someone....we know the gun was illegal because France has all the gun control laws American gun grabbing nuts only dream about...

Paris shooting: Police rule out terrorism after one person injured in Bastille shootout - latest

While there was some confusion, police appeared to have ruled out terrorism, saying the shooting was likely the result of a "private dispute".

A man was shot in the stomach at 6.15pm local time in the Place de la Bastille in the 11th arrondissement - an area popular with tourists. Police said his condition was not life threatening.

A man "who could have fired the shots" has been arrested. A suspected accomplice is reportedly at large.
Two buildings brought down by airplanes in New York. But we have pilots and air traffic controllers, don't we?

Two buildings brought down by airplanes in New York. But we have pilots and air traffic controllers, don't we?

Yeah...so?

Forum List

Back