shoot to kill next time

did you think they shoot not to kill?

You know, that question came up when I was in training for Security Forces. One person asked the Gunny if we were supposed to shoot to kill because he was teaching us to aim for dead center mass (which is where the heart is). When the person asked if we were being taught to shoot to kill, the Gunny then told them that yes, that is where most of the vital organs are, but, in order to hit your target, you have to aim for the biggest area available, which is the chest.

We weren't taught to shoot to kill, but rather taught to aim for dead center mass so that we had a better chance of stopping the target.

But, we were also taught ammo control. The most shots we took at any single target was only three rounds, not to empty the whole clip into them.
You were using clips? Pre-magazine days.......? :eusa_whistle:
they called them clips in Kelly's Heroes...
Since when did Hollywood get anything right?

You know, that question came up when I was in training for Security Forces. One person asked the Gunny if we were supposed to shoot to kill because he was teaching us to aim for dead center mass (which is where the heart is). When the person asked if we were being taught to shoot to kill, the Gunny then told them that yes, that is where most of the vital organs are, but, in order to hit your target, you have to aim for the biggest area available, which is the chest.

We weren't taught to shoot to kill, but rather taught to aim for dead center mass so that we had a better chance of stopping the target.

But, we were also taught ammo control. The most shots we took at any single target was only three rounds, not to empty the whole clip into them.
Clint can shoot pretty good--especially The Outlaw Josey Wales--he hits everything first shot...running/horseback/turning/etc...he doesn't even have to aim

Clint can shoot pretty good--especially The Outlaw Josey Wales--he hits everything first shot...running/horseback/turning/etc...he doesn't even have to aim
Pfft, that's nuttin', I can hit a bullseye from 100 miles with my eyes closed and my back turned............ With a BB Gun........

Damn!! How old are you?
upload_2018-3-21_10-28-37.png

Forum List

Back