shoot to kill next time

The only reason that guy is alive is because the partner was sitting on his upper torso. He took the shot available.

did you think they shoot not to kill?

You know, that question came up when I was in training for Security Forces. One person asked the Gunny if we were supposed to shoot to kill because he was teaching us to aim for dead center mass (which is where the heart is). When the person asked if we were being taught to shoot to kill, the Gunny then told them that yes, that is where most of the vital organs are, but, in order to hit your target, you have to aim for the biggest area available, which is the chest.

We weren't taught to shoot to kill, but rather taught to aim for dead center mass so that we had a better chance of stopping the target.

But, we were also taught ammo control. The most shots we took at any single target was only three rounds, not to empty the whole clip into them.

In the good ol days the punk would have been taken the long way to the hospital with a quick stop at a donut shop for a little snack... and a stop in an alley for a work out....

You know, that question came up when I was in training for Security Forces. One person asked the Gunny if we were supposed to shoot to kill because he was teaching us to aim for dead center mass (which is where the heart is). When the person asked if we were being taught to shoot to kill, the Gunny then told them that yes, that is where most of the vital organs are, but, in order to hit your target, you have to aim for the biggest area available, which is the chest.

We weren't taught to shoot to kill, but rather taught to aim for dead center mass so that we had a better chance of stopping the target.

But, we were also taught ammo control. The most shots we took at any single target was only three rounds, not to empty the whole clip into them.
You were using clips? Pre-magazine days.......? :eusa_whistle:

When I first started on Security Force, we were using .45's, but then we switched over to the 9mm. Clips carried 10 rounds each, and we went out with 1 weapon and 2 clips of ammo on patrol, with a total count of 30 rounds.

That was in the mid 90's.

When I first started on Security Force, we were using .45's, but then we switched over to the 9mm. Clips carried 10 rounds each, and we went out with 1 weapon and 2 clips of ammo on patrol, with a total count of 30 rounds.

Last I checked most 9 mils and 45s use magazines......... :eusa_whistle:

Well, I can't help the terminology that I learned to use. They called them clips, not magazines.

Well, I can't help the terminology that I learned to use. They called them clips, not magazines.
Old school Gunny who was raised using clips. Yeah, a lot of people incorrectly use the terms interchangeably.

Old school Gunny who was raised using clips. Yeah, a lot of people incorrectly use the terms interchangeably.

Hey, he was the one doing the training and ran the Security Force. I wasn't going to argue with him.

He was bigger and meaner than me.

that is because nobody but weekend warriors care about it. It is their badge of honor

that is because nobody but weekend warriors care about it. It is their badge of honor
:eusa_eh:

What weapon were you using that had a "clip"?

Really, because 45s and 9mms don't have clips?

So, you never learned the truth and keep spreading misinformation? Typical.

they called them clips in Kelly's Heroes...

Forum List

Back