Shoot out in the Wal Mart parking lot

I consider those who want more and more guns to be crazy. Nuts. Nutters.

And they are endangering the rest of us.

And don't your nutters have enough problems without lumping these two underachieving thugs in with them?

Now, here's a question for you...

I have four guns, one is an antique handed down from my grandfather. I would like to buy two or three more. Why? Because I enjoy shooting and would like a little variety to hone different skills. Does that make me a nutter based on your definition?

Do you carry a gun when you go out?

And don't your nutters have enough problems without lumping these two underachieving thugs in with them?

I have four guns, one is an antique handed down from my grandfather. I would like to buy two or three more. Why? Because I enjoy shooting and would like a little variety to hone different skills. Does that make me a nutter based on your definition?
[MENTION=4791]hjmick[/MENTION]

You know better than that.

Earlier today or maybe yesterday, I talked about a couple of my guns that I've thought about selling. Its down in the guns forum.

A .38 S&W M&P Victory model for one. Except, I was looking at it earlier this evening and its just too pretty to give up.

But, the other, a Glock - ugly and I don't care about it. So, I'll put it on consignment at a local gun store who takes guns.

You know very well that I have never even hinted that people should not own guns.

BUT

best_animated_gifs_of_all_time_995_zpsf079167f.gif

And I have often said I prefer open carry

BUT

149677_600_zps0e3edfd6.jpg

stupidgunowner_zpsa77018d5.jpg

G'night.

I did not mean to imply otherwise.

I suppose I was efforting to establish a baseline for nuttership. I know my cousin is a gun nut, he has far more than he needs and is one of those overly paranoid the about the government types. And a racist. Haven't talked to that guy for decades...

Do you carry a gun when you go out?

Nope, never felt the need. Though I will say that I don't mind having the option should I so choose, even if I can't envision ever choosing to do so...

Sometimes knowing we have the freedom to do something is enough, at least for me.

Prosecutors Won't Charge Florida Man For Fatal Gunfire Outside Wal-Mart, Citing Stand Your Ground | ThinkProgress

In early July, 20-year-old Colt Thriemer shot dead a one-time friend in a Wal-Mart parking lot, saying he feared for his life. Witnesses gathered for a truck meet that night say victim Thomas James Brown, 21, was walking away toward his car when Thriemer fired ten shots. Some say Brown had threatened to kill Thriemer over the course of several weeks. The story as told by prosecutors in a detailed legal memo suggests drug transactions, addiction, and monetary debts all played a role in the scenario leading up to Brown’s death.

But these facts will never play out in a trial, because prosecutors have decided not to charge Thriemer citing Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.

“The Stand Your Ground statute makes no exception from the immunity because Brown may have been walking away from Thriemer at the time the deadly force was used,” the memo from the State Attorney’s office states. “The Stand Your Ground law does not require Thriemer to wait until Brown in fact retrieved a gun before he fired. Under the current state of the law and the facts of this case, Thriemer was legally allowed to use deadly force based on a reasonable belief that his life was in danger and that he was about to become the victim of an armed robbery.”

The legal memo tells a sympathetic and morally complex story. As Assistant State Attorney Amy Berndt tells it, “According to many who knew him, Thomas ‘TJ’ Brown (Brown) was not the same person he was six months ago. An addiction to crack cocaine as well as a drug debt apparently caused him to become increasingly violent, aggressive and threatening and ultimately led to his death.” She details how Brown became involved in drug sales and later recruited Thriemer. That Thriemer and Brown were once friends, but that Brown threatened to kill Thriemer when he could not repay his debts. That Brown initiated a fist fight with Thriemer on the day of his death. And that Thriemer reportedly once talked to a deputy police officer who lived near his brother about his fears.

But it also notes that Thriemer would have had a duty to first attempt retreat in a public place “rather than using deadly force” before the law changed “substantially” in 2005 with Stand Your Ground. Brown’s family told Local News 6 they do not believe this is a self-defense case and that they are hurt by the decision.

I can't get too upset over a couple of knuckle draggers shooting at each other but this really shows just how dangerous these gun nutters are getting.

When innocent people are caught in the cross fire, it really doesn't matter who was "right" and who was "wrong".

The law needs to be that you can't carry a gun inside city limits. If you're in a town, use your fists. If you want to shoot at each other, take it out in the country someplace.

So, lets say Thriemer followed such a law and his ex friend Brown did not. Would it have made you feel better for Brown to have retrieved an illegal firearm and to have shot Thriemer dead?

Mark

Forum List

Back