Shoot an unarmed groom, 50 times??

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Working Man, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Working Man

Working Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Seems pretty serious at first glance. But, were you there when the car was ramming the police vehicles??? IF,,, the late groom was doing it after the police showed their badges and portable flashing lights,,, then I would guess he wanted to die..

I don't honestly believe race was an issue, but I do think it had something to do with the facial expression** of the man who was behind the wheel of the car,,, and more importantly/significant,, his actions... He chose to ram and run.. Bad Choice Bro.

New York cops may be a bit quick to spray and pray.. That unarmed guy they killed a few years ago in front of his apartment is troublling. He wasn't ramming vehicles and buildings with a 2800#+/- hammer/weapon either, this latest fatality did.

** Don't really care for his lack of smile in the photos shown with his almost widow.. Seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder, and not a fire in his heart for the woman he was to wed.

2. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    What are you talking about?:scratch:

3. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69

Okay.....the cops in this instance were wrong. How do you justify shooting that many times with NO return fire???????????????????????

However, I don't see how this can be racial since 2 cops were black, 2 white and 1 hispanic.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Working Man

Working Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    No, there was no gun fire being returned. Makes me question the info that the cops had on this guy, but then,, any doubt was probably removed when the dead guy rammed the undercover cops and the building trying to get away..

Sure, I would honestly like to see what the truth is to this story. The likes of Sharpton are trying to start some crap, and the neighborhoods don't need anymore fuel put on this event. If, after the investigation, the facts show that the involved cops acted poorly,,then punish accordingly.

5. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Is there a link here or is this a guessing game?:)

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    OJ Simpson!

Do i win?

7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    He's talking about this:

More than 50 shots fired by police at the apparently unarmed group of 3 men coming from a bachelor party in Jamaica, Queens.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...dec05,0,591164.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

The undercover cop involved was drinking in the same bar as part of his undercover assignment, but no breathalizer test was given him.

I can't see how 50 shots was appropriate force, but I figure I'll wait until there's more information before making up my mind.

8. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Thanks, J.

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    No prob, Mr. P! ;)

10. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,739
    I don't know the details but what if he was shot while in the car and his foot remained on the pedal? If his car was still revving its considered a weapon. I'm sorry but I don't feel sorry for these guys, and the fact that he was going to get married is completely irrelevant. It was a pack of young men that decided to act like a bunch of wannabe gangsters to the wrong crowd - undercover cops. Lets not forget that one man got away (he most likely had the gun that was seen eariler). This is just being used by politicians to rile up their black base. If the black community doesn't want to see their young men constantly getting killed by cops then maybe should start spreading the word that they shouldn't be running around acting like gangsters and pimps, especially at places like strip clubs. But no, thats not the Al Sharpton way. He and his kind(liberals) would rather see the officers thrown in jail, their superiors disgraced and fired, and millions of tax dollars awarded to a group of complete idiots.

:gang1: