Shogun's Great Weed Compromise

:rofl: ha!

i'd more likely take a fith of vodkah and make a cape coddah! ;)

seriously, i don't go much for the hard alcohol, mostly just beer and wine, but i wouldn't turn down a z of the kind stuff. :eusa_whistle:

The chorus from a cool tune by a band nobody ever heard of:

Why can't it all be kind?
All this shwag talk is making me sneeze
Why can't it all be the kind I like?
Cuz if it all was, you'd start lookin for something better!

Cranberry juice?

You know, my girl friend drinks cranberry juice when she's on her period.

Are you on your period?

Smashes glass over face.

:redface: uh... no. :confused:

cranberry juice is also proven effective in helping women prevent urinary tract infections which is probably why your gf does that... me, i just like to have juice with my booze... makes me feel healthier! ;)

:redface: uh... no. :confused:

cranberry juice is also proven effective in helping women prevent urinary tract infections which is probably why your gf does that... me, i just like to have juice with my booze... makes me feel healthier! ;)

Maybe she just has to get blasted before she kisses him.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

joking

I said what if it turns out that it does? I was curious to know if that would change your opinion.

I've no idea if the studies will hold true, just that it is being looked into. Here's one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16612464

Show me the one that says the same thing about alcohol.

CLEARLY, you read my posted sources.

Certain drugs, such as opioid analgesics, benzodiazepines, digoxin, and drugs with anticholinergic side effects, can also cause temporary psychosis. Excessive alcohol use can cause temporary psychosis; chronic psychosis can result if the drinking is long-term.
http://www.merck.com/pubs/mmanual_ha/sec3/ch32/ch32d.html

Alcohol induced psychotic disorder is characterized by prominent hallucinations or delusions that are judged to be due specifically to the effects of alcohol. The psychotic symptoms usually occur within a month of alcohol intoxication or withdrawal, with the individual being fully alert and oriented, and usually lacking insight that these symptoms are alcohol induced. Although the psychotic symptoms may occur during or shortly after alcohol intoxication, delirium or alcohol withdrawal delirium, alcohol induced hallucinations, and/or delusions do not occur exclusively during the course of these conditions. Indications that hallucinations and delusions are not part of a primary psychotic episode include atypical and late age onset of psychotic symptoms, onset of alcohol drinking preceding the onset of psychiatric symptoms, and remission of psychotic episodes during extended periods of abstinence. Usually, alcohol induced psychotic symptoms have a tendency to subside within several weeks of abstinence, although in a small group of individuals, psychotic symptoms can sometimes become chronic, resulting in the need for long-term treatment with antipsychotic medication. In these circumstances, clinicians should also consider schizophrenia or delusional disorders in deciding on the relevant diagnosis for this individual.
http://www.psychtreatment.com/alcohol_related_psychotic_disorders.htm

Psychosis from alcohol or drug abuse.
S. I. Cohen and K. Johnson
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1834737

If I can grow a plant in my closet, then I have no reason to want to go to a convience store and buy expensive, lower quality weed.

Sure you would.

The main reason would be convenience. You could grow and nurture plants, maintain their little environment, harvest and properly dry them, and prepare them for consumption, ...or, you could walk into a store and after a brief stint standing in line have a pack of smokes ready to go. Granted, the former option wouldn't really require all that much effort or attention, but it would require some effort and attention, and plenty of people are quite willing to spend extra money on an inferior product to save (even a little) time, effort and attention (witness the success of fast food franchises).

A second reason would be quantity. A closet full of plants isn't going to produce all that much. When people smoke, they tend to do it habitually, and casual home-growing isn't going to support a habit.

After all, how hard is to grow tobacco, really? How much effort does it really take to make alchaholic beverages? What portion of smokers and drinkers are more than willing to overspend on smokes/drinks that aren't as good as the ones they could make themselves?

I don't think the feasibility of growing at home would make any noticeable dent in convenience store sells.

so, Mani.. I take it my latest Great Compromise passes the good idea test?

Sure you would.

The main reason would be convenience. You could grow and nurture plants, maintain their little environment, harvest and properly dry them, and prepare them for consumption, ...or, you could walk into a store and after a brief stint standing in line have a pack of smokes ready to go. Granted, the former option wouldn't really require all that much effort or attention, but it would require some effort and attention, and plenty of people are quite willing to spend extra money on an inferior product to save (even a little) time, effort and attention (witness the success of fast food franchises).

A second reason would be quantity. A closet full of plants isn't going to produce all that much. When people smoke, they tend to do it habitually, and casual home-growing isn't going to support a habit.

After all, how hard is to grow tobacco, really? How much effort does it really take to make alchaholic beverages? What portion of smokers and drinkers are more than willing to overspend on smokes/drinks that aren't as good as the ones they could make themselves?

I don't think the feasibility of growing at home would make any noticeable dent in convenience store sells.

I have to respectfully disagree with every word you said.

~A single plant put under a 300watt grow lamp can produce 2-3 ounces of extremely high quality marijuana within a 30 week span. 2-3 ounces of high quality weed will last even a daily smoker 2-3 months minimium. Now consider that someone can easily set up a hydroponic ebb and flow system and grow 5-10 plants every two months under 3-4 500 watt lamps and produce 4 ounces per plant. A single person with a pH scale, a bag of nutrients, and a few spare hours every night can produce up to 20 ounces a month. They can easily give that out to their friends or sell it for less than a compassion club would sell that quality of weed. There would be plenty of weed sold at dirt cheap prices this way because as of now, homegrown weed is a rarity. The majority is mass produced. When homegrown weed is on the market it usually is sold very quickly.

~Growing tobacco is very difficult compared to weed. Distilling liquor is even harder. It would cost many times more to produce tobacco and liquor of equal quality that can be found at any convenient store.

~All I'm saying is that if weed is legal but still illegal to grow, I'm still going to have a small forest in my attic.

I've got to agree with AS. People don't even cook dinner anymore, I can't see them growing weed if it becomes legal.

I have to respectfully disagree with every word you said.

~A single plant put under a 300watt grow lamp can produce 2-3 ounces of extremely high quality marijuana within a 30 week span. 2-3 ounces of high quality weed will last even a daily smoker 2-3 months minimium. Now consider that someone can easily set up a hydroponic ebb and flow system and grow 5-10 plants every two months under 3-4 500 watt lamps and produce 4 ounces per plant. A single person with a pH scale, a bag of nutrients, and a few spare hours every night can produce up to 20 ounces a month. They can easily give that out to their friends or sell it for less than a compassion club would sell that quality of weed. There would be plenty of weed sold at dirt cheap prices this way because as of now, homegrown weed is a rarity. The majority is mass produced. When homegrown weed is on the market it usually is sold very quickly.

1. 30 weeks (7.5 MONTHS) = 2-3 ounces. How long can you make 2-3 ounces last? I daresay not 3/4th of a year. Even by staggering growth cycles you are still only talking about a little less than 2-3 oz PER month. And thats assuming your plant doesn't get fertalized, chem burned by too much nutrient or toasted by the light or any other number of potential problems. Not that i would know anything about any of this. pure conjecture, mind you.

2. 2-3 ounces of purple kush wouldn't last 1 month. You do the math.

3. How expensive is this super hydro equipment? I can make 200 gallons of wine a year with expensive equipment too.. OR, I can go down the street and buy a 8-12 dollar bottle. Again, convenience.

4. Black market weed would get you the same criminal repercussions that we see now. Notice that I posted a link to even Old timers making illegal hootch do in fact get busted.

5. You assume that every schmoe with a checkbook will be pumping out nuggets the likes of which snoop dog writes songs about. I would suggest otherwise. While not rocket science, most people probably cant tell the difference between the male and female plant any more than they know what the hell a hydrometer is.

~Growing tobacco is very difficult compared to weed. Distilling liquor is even harder. It would cost many times more to produce tobacco and liquor of equal quality that can be found at any convenient store.

I disagree. Just because we call it a weed and it grows naturally in rural areas doesn't make it the same type of plant that is smoked for a high quality buzz. In fact, How much space do you think it takes to dry out even 10 plants? How expensive the light source? If legal, all those neat little seeds of varient strains would become as rare as the recipe for coca-cola. How are you going to acquire seeds that Bong Load, inc has the market cornered on?

~All I'm saying is that if weed is legal but still illegal to grow, I'm still going to have a small forest in my attic.

and, according to my compromise, you'd be risking your liberty to legally smoke and face criminal production and distribution charges just like the old man slinging apply flavoured spirits above.

just sayin.

1. 30 weeks (7.5 MONTHS) = 2-3 ounces. How long can you make 2-3 ounces last? I daresay not 3/4th of a year. Even by staggering growth cycles you are still only talking about a little less than 2-3 oz PER month. And thats assuming your plant doesn't get fertalized, chem burned by too much nutrient or toasted by the light or any other number of potential problems. Not that i would know anything about any of this. pure conjecture, mind you.

2. 2-3 ounces of purple kush wouldn't last 1 month. You do the math.

3. How expensive is this super hydro equipment? I can make 200 gallons of wine a year with expensive equipment too.. OR, I can go down the street and buy a 8-12 dollar bottle. Again, convenience.

4. Black market weed would get you the same criminal repercussions that we see now. Notice that I posted a link to even Old timers making illegal hootch do in fact get busted.

5. You assume that every schmoe with a checkbook will be pumping out nuggets the likes of which snoop dog writes songs about. I would suggest otherwise. While not rocket science, most people probably cant tell the difference between the male and female plant any more than they know what the hell a hydrometer is.

Replying to the numbers:

1 and 2: Not that I know :confused: , but even the heaviest smoker can take down maybe quarter of headies a week. So an ounce of purple kush would last exactly 1 month. If you can make 2-3 a month, then you can give away or sell the other 2 and pay for your equipment in a month or two.

3: A person can buy a grow box for a grand or two, and make their money back within a year. You may be able to make 200 gallons of wine a year, but it's not going to be $200 bottle quality. Someone could grow premium weed with much less effort than making premium wine.

4. There's no way to regulate weed growing to the level that you are expecting. Most grow ops get busted because someone comes upon them or smells them and turns them in. If weed is legal, then there's no reason for a neighbor to snitch cause they don't know if it's a licensed dealer or not.

5. Most people don't want to take the risk, so they have no reason to know the specifics of growing. Make it legal to grow and everyone with the money, time, and motivation will be growing.

I disagree. Just because we call it a weed and it grows naturally in rural areas doesn't make it the same type of plant that is smoked for a high quality buzz. In fact, How much space do you think it takes to dry out even 10 plants? How expensive the light source? If legal, all those neat little seeds of varient strains would become as rare as the recipe for coca-cola. How are you going to acquire seeds that Bong Load, inc has the market cornered on?

A good amount of mids and schwag (low quality) is grown in our national parks and on farms. If someone can throw out a handful of seeds and get a couple of pounds in a month or two, then they can easily sell that at half price of the government's weed.

Not that much space is needed to cure 10 plants. A string around a bedroom could easily do the job.

The light sources are cheap. I might know someone who bought a 30 dollar lamp at HomeDepot and got an ounce of AK47 (high quality)

The seed industry is very simple to manage, and would be easier if legalized in America. Seed banks exist in countries like canada, where the seed bank company may even loan out seeds to growers in return for hybrid sub-species. There were less types of alcohol during prohibition. Same with weed. We'd see an explosion in the quality and quantity of good buds if everyone could freely share seeds. It costs over 100 dollars for 10 seeds from canada right now. All of those seeds are guaranteed females (not sure how they know). If one company had a monopoly on the seed industry, then you would be correct, but in fact there are many many companies that bank huge quantities of seeds. Just open a HighTimes sometime and you'll know what I mean.

and, according to my compromise, you'd be risking your liberty to legally smoke and face criminal production and distribution charges just like the old man slinging apply flavoured spirits above.

It wouldn't be that hard to mimic the government packages. Weed gets dry if left to air out, so the government would likely have to distribute in medicine bottles or resealable bags. Why not just put the illegal weed in those?

PS: I had some apple flavored moonshine a few months ago. Maybe the same person:sad:

edit: Holy Crap!!!! I actually have tasted that moon-shine before. I have some friends in Mount Pleasant that had some brown moon-shine that tasted like apples a few months ago. Sucks that he got arrested, but they said he would only get a "slap on the wrists". If that's the punishment for homemade weed, then my prediction will hold more than true.

Forum List

Back