Shogun's Great Weed Compromise

I'll tell you what. I'll deliver mine but I want to hear yours first. I've reiterated mine over and over again. I'm sure the people would like to hear a different opinion (even if it's half as good)

:cool:

• Banned
I'll tell you what. I'll deliver mine but I want to hear yours first. I've reiterated mine over and over again. I'm sure the people would like to hear a different opinion (even if it's half as good)

:cool:

I haven't heard yours yet.

I honestly don't have one. I think it should be legal, simple as that.

• Banned
Oh, but thank you very much. I am flattered that you'd think my idea was even half as good as yours. :cool:

ok.. here goes:

5 easy steps

1. We legalize pot and regulate it much like we do tobacco and alcohol. At the very least we remove federal statutes and let states make their own decision regarding legalization. We are not looking to tell kids that it's ok for them to partake anymore than legal alcohol validates minors in posession. However, we remove pot from the same list that includes heroin, cocaine and crack in order to make our drug laws less farcical. Adults should have the liberty to consume a substance that cannot be overdosed since they can drink one that can. Allow pot growing operations in states that allows such and create an industry much like America's greatest mass produced beer, Budweiser, post-prohibition. Tommy Chong arrested for capitalizing on the bong market is the perfect example. Shit, hemp cultivation is THE cure for a demolished tobacco farming industry. Ask Willie Nelson.

2. Allow marijuana tax stamps to be purchased by home dealers as long as they do not sell any other drugs. Think, home interior or tupperware parties. States can collect a tax percentage strait from dealers according to product moved. Allow the exclusive rights to high quality kind bud to be distributed by registered dealers. Let's face it, homegrown is what it is and, as long as there is a legal money incentive, branded markets will protect their selling rights. Log sales so that any crime involving a particular dealer's product can be traced; this will cause dealers to use discretion when collecting customers. If an employee has reason to put value on their work then they will protect their mode of income; thus, kids would find it more difficult to buy a sack when dealers are legal with much to lose than when dealers were criminal with nothing but punishment to look forward to.

Product must be sealed in official packaging until consumed at a private residence. Any loose pot found in a vehicle would result in a ticket and a revoked license to smoke. Any residential host whose location is used by non-licensed smokers gets their privilege revoked for 5 years. provide field testing kits that detect THC in saliva for DUIs. These are available. Use them.

3. We use the privilege of pot consumption as positive reinforcement rather than criminal sentences as punishment: Only law abiding citizens with no criminal background will be able to smoke it legally. Each felony count mutes the privilege of partaking for 5 years. After 5 years, upon completion of criminal sentence, the ability to smoke legally gets re-instated. Status can be noted on state ID

4. As with limits to the yearly gallons of wine one can produce privately, we limit the number of plants that can be grown for private use. fairly strait forward.

5. Taxes collected are used to pay for regulation agencies and public state education. Stop throwing sin tax money at D.A.R.E. salaries and retarded police hotrods. In fact, Tobacco, Alcohol, Firearms and Marijuana taxes can release the tax burden from the people rather than perpetuate special interest groups whose sole existence is the product of each substance they rail against.

My theory is that once we separate pot smoking from, say, meth snorting we can use it as a reward for the extinction of OTHER criminal behaviours. Once we put capitalist value on the business we will see the reduction of access by minors. Sure, minors still get alcohol, but how many bar owners do you know that will risk their livelyhood to a degree that we see access now? By focusing on dealer clientelle rather than gas station attendants we cut the risk of faked id's and underage consumption. Of course, the US will have to corner the market and seal the border to keep black market mexican brick that fuels latino cartels but undermining the black market is the only way to destroy the black market. AND, I like the idea of an American reaping the benefit of his work than the next mexican druglord.

It's an idea strait from Skinner and Operant conditioning. though, you caught me a little less than inspired about this subject today. Feel free to tear it apart or make suggestions.

Good luck.

Medicinal pot is ok in Oregon. You can get a license to grow medicinal pot in Oregon. But if the cops decide to bust you, YOU STILL GET SLAMMED IN JAIL. Does that make sense? It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I didn't think anyone even thought of Fred Skinner these days, that was heartening to read the refernce.

I like the plan and although I wouldn't touch cannabis (just a personal view) I would add one point:

6. Get some spines for politicians, who know the truth but being grovelling populists, won't tell the public the truth and immediately afterwards implement 1 to 5.

ok.. here goes:

5 easy steps

1. We legalize pot and regulate it much like we do tobacco and alcohol. At the very least we remove federal statutes and let states make their own decision regarding legalization. We are not looking to tell kids that it's ok for them to partake anymore than legal alcohol validates minors in posession. However, we remove pot from the same list that includes heroin, cocaine and crack in order to make our drug laws less farcical. Adults should have the liberty to consume a substance that cannot be overdosed since they can drink one that can. Allow pot growing operations in states that allows such and create an industry much like America's greatest mass produced beer, Budweiser, post-prohibition. Tommy Chong arrested for capitalizing on the bong market is the perfect example. Shit, hemp cultivation is THE cure for a demolished tobacco farming industry. Ask Willie Nelson.

2. Allow marijuana tax stamps to be purchased by home dealers as long as they do not sell any other drugs. Think, home interior or tupperware parties. States can collect a tax percentage strait from dealers according to product moved. Allow the exclusive rights to high quality kind bud to be distributed by registered dealers. Let's face it, homegrown is what it is and, as long as there is a legal money incentive, branded markets will protect their selling rights. Log sales so that any crime involving a particular dealer's product can be traced; this will cause dealers to use discretion when collecting customers. If an employee has reason to put value on their work then they will protect their mode of income; thus, kids would find it more difficult to buy a sack when dealers are legal with much to lose than when dealers were criminal with nothing but punishment to look forward to.

Product must be sealed in official packaging until consumed at a private residence. Any loose pot found in a vehicle would result in a ticket and a revoked license to smoke. Any residential host whose location is used by non-licensed smokers gets their privilege revoked for 5 years. provide field testing kits that detect THC in saliva for DUIs. These are available. Use them.

3. We use the privilege of pot consumption as positive reinforcement rather than criminal sentences as punishment: Only law abiding citizens with no criminal background will be able to smoke it legally. Each felony count mutes the privilege of partaking for 5 years. After 5 years, upon completion of criminal sentence, the ability to smoke legally gets re-instated. Status can be noted on state ID

4. As with limits to the yearly gallons of wine one can produce privately, we limit the number of plants that can be grown for private use. fairly strait forward.

5. Taxes collected are used to pay for regulation agencies and public state education. Stop throwing sin tax money at D.A.R.E. salaries and retarded police hotrods. In fact, Tobacco, Alcohol, Firearms and Marijuana taxes can release the tax burden from the people rather than perpetuate special interest groups whose sole existence is the product of each substance they rail against.

My theory is that once we separate pot smoking from, say, meth snorting we can use it as a reward for the extinction of OTHER criminal behaviours. Once we put capitalist value on the business we will see the reduction of access by minors. Sure, minors still get alcohol, but how many bar owners do you know that will risk their livelyhood to a degree that we see access now? By focusing on dealer clientelle rather than gas station attendants we cut the risk of faked id's and underage consumption. Of course, the US will have to corner the market and seal the border to keep black market mexican brick that fuels latino cartels but undermining the black market is the only way to destroy the black market. AND, I like the idea of an American reaping the benefit of his work than the next mexican druglord.

It's an idea strait from Skinner and Operant conditioning. though, you caught me a little less than inspired about this subject today. Feel free to tear it apart or make suggestions.

Off the top of my there are a lot of suggestions I like and a few that seem superfluous. But I'm going to have to stew on it a bit before I'm ready to get specific. I didn't know about the saliva THC thing though. If they are truly accurate enough to enforce a driving while baked prohibition, that eliminates what I've always considered the biggest hurdle for legalization.

A few problems with your ideas, shogun.

1. The biggest problem with legalization is that it will not be that easy to tax. The plant is a weed. Throw a seed in a hole in your yard and a plant will grow. Get a light, and some dirt and you can grow quality weed in your closet for a very low price, and at a higher quality than any mass production product. Regardless of the legality, price will always determine the flow of drugs. If I can grow a plant in my closet, then I have no reason to want to go to a convience store and buy expensive, lower quality weed. In Cali, there are compassion clubs that sell top of the line medicinal, yet the price is still outragously expensive.

2. The saliva test is not full proof or even proven to be reliable. Weed can be cooked into food, which won't show up in saliva. I'd probably eat weed food more than smoke it if we legalized it cause smoking is bad for my lungs and it makes running a lot less enjoyable.

3. Limits on yearly production are only for show. How often does the yearly wine quota law get enforced? If someone is growing outside, then it's going to be real hard to hold a case against them if their plants pollinate each other and make new plants.

The plusses of your argument

1. The amount of dealing will surely go down. No need to spend 100 bucks on a quarter when I could spend 100 bucks on 3 ounces of homegrown.

2. The prison population will decline, thus removing a great amount of tax burden and societal ramifications of having 1 out of every 100 americans behind bars.

3. Weed will no longer become the gateway drug. With weed being illegal, kids won't have to deal with drug dealers also trying to sell them xanex, blow, and oxycoton.

With weed being illegal, kids won't have to deal with drug dealers also trying to sell them xanex, blow, and oxycoton.

I don't know about that. It's never going to be permissible to smoke in school. Pills are currently the drug of choice during the school day.

Of course, the US will have to corner the market and seal the border to keep black market mexican brick that fuels latino cartels but undermining the black market is the only way to destroy the black market.

You had me all the way up to here. CIA black ops funding will take a hit, no doubt, so good luck getting this to happen politically.

Is that a conspiracy theory?

A few problems with your ideas, shogun.

1. The biggest problem with legalization is that it will not be that easy to tax. The plant is a weed. Throw a seed in a hole in your yard and a plant will grow. Get a light, and some dirt and you can grow quality weed in your closet for a very low price, and at a higher quality than any mass production product. Regardless of the legality, price will always determine the flow of drugs. If I can grow a plant in my closet, then I have no reason to want to go to a convience store and buy expensive, lower quality weed. In Cali, there are compassion clubs that sell top of the line medicinal, yet the price is still outragously expensive.

2. The saliva test is not full proof or even proven to be reliable. Weed can be cooked into food, which won't show up in saliva. I'd probably eat weed food more than smoke it if we legalized it cause smoking is bad for my lungs and it makes running a lot less enjoyable.

3. Limits on yearly production are only for show. How often does the yearly wine quota law get enforced? If someone is growing outside, then it's going to be real hard to hold a case against them if their plants pollinate each other and make new plants.

The plusses of your argument

1. The amount of dealing will surely go down. No need to spend 100 bucks on a quarter when I could spend 100 bucks on 3 ounces of homegrown.

2. The prison population will decline, thus removing a great amount of tax burden and societal ramifications of having 1 out of every 100 americans behind bars.

3. Weed will no longer become the gateway drug. With weed being illegal, kids won't have to deal with drug dealers also trying to sell them xanex, blow, and oxycoton.

It's a weed in some areas. In other areas, it isn't easy to grow. THe same as any weed. In some climes they become invasive and take over (kudzu in the south, scotch broom on the west coast, morning glory in farm land).

Alcohol is a gateway drug, and it's perfectly legal, though not for minors.

As far as smoking in school, that depends on whether or not it's medicinal. Kids can take cough syrup at school, and any other meds, provided they have a prescription.

Forum List

Back