Shocking News: Sarah Palin throws John McCain under the Straight Talk Express

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
This one's for you J ;)

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - McCain’s name nowhere to be seen at Palin rally - Blogs from CNN.com

POLK CITY, Florida (CNN) — At a boisterous Sarah Palin rally in Polk City, Florida on Saturday afternoon, one name was surprisingly absent from the campaign décor — John McCain’s

But on closer inspection, the GOP nominee’s name was literally nowhere to be found on any of the official campaign signage distributed to supporters at the event.

In fact, Putnam’s name was considerably more prominent than was McCain’s — his campaign had placed a number of large “Putnam for Congress” banners around the event site.

Looks like someone is looking ahead to 2012. :eusa_whistle:

Sarah appeals to a small percent of the right wing base. She would never get enough Repuclican support to be a viable presidential canidiate.

Sarah appeals to a small percent of the right wing base. She would never get enough Repuclican support to be a viable presidential canidiate.

Don't tell Sarah Palin that. Let her find out for herself. :eusa_whistle:

smart move by Palin, she'll be tough for Obama to beat in 2012

Obama will destroy her. She only appeals to the base which makes up approx 30% of the vote. Not nearly enough to even be competitive. What losing VP has ever succeded after losing? Gore, what happened to him? Sen Edwards? She will be lucky to keep her alaskan post.

Not really. McCain has all the RINO support.

You mean like Lincoln Chafee, Colin Powell, and Bill Weld?

I'm no raging right-winger, but Palin appeals to me because she's consistent, she's clear on where she stands, and isn't afraid to take a stand that might offend someone. McCain, like Bush, is incoherent, inconsistent, and lacks leadership skills.

Obama will destroy her. She only appeals to the base which makes up approx 30% of the vote.

Disagree. I'm not part of the base, but I'd consider supporting her, and I will not support McCain.

She has tremendous middle class appeal, and is the first GOPer on a national ticket with an iota of charisma since Reagan.

I can already tell she intimidates Democrats politically in a way that McCain never has.

Obama will destroy her. She only appeals to the base which makes up approx 30% of the vote. Not nearly enough to even be competitive. What losing VP has ever succeded after losing? Gore, what happened to him? Sen Edwards? She will be lucky to keep her alaskan post.

gore won as vp.
twice. you can look it up.

I could see Palin going for the Presidential bid in 2012, even if she wins this election. I don't see McCain running for a second term if he wins. He'll step aside, and we'll have Palin vs. Clinton in 2012. What a showdown that would be.

You mean like Lincoln Chafee, Colin Powell, and Bill Weld?

I'm no raging right-winger, but Palin appeals to me because she's consistent, she's clear on where she stands, and isn't afraid to take a stand that might offend someone. McCain, like Bush, is incoherent, inconsistent, and lacks leadership skills.

Palin is a cocky wacko, as Lincoln Chafee put it. She would be extremely dangerous if she somehow became president.:eusa_whistle:

I could see Palin going for the Presidential bid in 2012, even if she wins this election. I don't see McCain running for a second term if he wins. He'll step aside, and we'll have Palin vs. Clinton in 2012. What a showdown that would be.

:meow:

That would be a show worth watching!

:smoke:

Forum List

Back