Shocking News: Sarah Palin throws John McCain under the Straight Talk Express

Disagree. I'm not part of the base, but I'd consider supporting her, and I will not support McCain.

She has tremendous middle class appeal, and is the first GOPer on a national ticket with an iota of charisma since Reagan.

I can already tell she intimidates Democrats politically in a way that McCain never has.

the majority of independents dont share your opinion.

But a third of independent voters now indicate they are less likely to support McCain because of Palin, compared with 20 percent who said so in an ABC poll a month ago. Palin now repels more independents than she attracts to McCain. The share of independent women less apt to support McCain because of the Palin pick has more than doubled to 34 percent, while the percentage more inclined to support him is down eight points.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/01/AR2008100103600_pf.html

the majority of independents dont share your opinion.

But a third of independent voters now indicate they are less likely to support McCain because of Palin, compared with 20 percent who said so in an ABC poll a month ago. Palin now repels more independents than she attracts to McCain. The share of independent women less apt to support McCain because of the Palin pick has more than doubled to 34 percent, while the percentage more inclined to support him is down eight points.

Skepticism of Palin Growing, Poll Finds

when did 1/3 become a majority?

I could see Palin going for the Presidential bid in 2012, even if she wins this election. I don't see McCain running for a second term if he wins. He'll step aside, and we'll have Palin vs. Clinton in 2012. What a showdown that would be.

I disagree, Clinton would eat her alive. Till this day Sen.Clinton is the only one in my opinion who held her own against Barack Obama in the debates. She did way better then McCain did against Obama. Unlike Biden Clinton will not have to be nice, and those winks wont do shit to save palin.

when did 1/3 become a majority?

they are a majority when you factor in that Palin takes away independents from McCain. McCain was holding his own among independents before picking Palin, now Obama is leading among independnets in the double digits. The major reason for the withdrawl from McCain is Palin as the vp pick. She not only fails to swing independnets, she actually takes them away from mccain.

I disagree, Clinton would eat her alive. Till this day Sen.Clinton is the only one in my opinion who held her own against Barack Obama in the debates. She did way better then McCain did against Obama. Unlike Biden Clinton will not have to be nice, and those winks wont do shit to save palin.

Mmm....McCain won 2 out of the 3 debates against Obama. Not just according to me, but according to most analysts.

But you're right, Clinton did better in the debates. And, if Clinton were the nominee, this race would be over. States like Indiana, Arkansas, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia wouldn't even be in play for McCain.

Plus, if Clinton were the nominee, Obama would likely be the VP nominee, ensuring a landslide victory. If Obama loses this election, I can't wait to shout "I told you so!" from the rooftops.

Mmm....McCain won 2 out of the 3 debates against Obama. Not just according to me, but according to most analysts.

But you're right, Clinton did better in the debates. And, if Clinton were the nominee, this race would be over. States like Indiana, Arkansas, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia wouldn't even be in play for McCain.

Plus, if Clinton were the nominee, Obama would likely be the VP nominee, ensuring a landslide victory. If Obama loses this election, I can't wait to shout "I told you so!" from the rooftops.

Do you have a link to the majority of those analysts? Also the people(you know the ones who vote) clearly declared Obama the victor in all 3.

Clinton's ability to go toe to toe with Sen.Biden,Obama,Edwards Gov.Richardson was simply amazing. I believe she would smash McCain or palin with relative ease. I agree Clinton/Obama ticket against McCain/Palin would be a blowout. Plain and simple no matter how you cut it, Palin would not hold her own against Clinton. Have you ever heard of Sen.Clinton being stumped by so called gotcha journalism?

Obama will destroy her. She only appeals to the base which makes up approx 30% of the vote. Not nearly enough to even be competitive. What losing VP has ever succeded after losing? Gore, what happened to him? Sen Edwards? She will be lucky to keep her alaskan post.

Obama's one and only attack ad that involved Palin was priceless. It had quotes from McCain saying "I'd have to rely on my VP for economic advice." Then it said "Who did he pick?" And it showed a video of Palin winking. It was PRICELESS.

So what do we get to yell at you when we win the election?

Obama will destroy her. She only appeals to the base which makes up approx 30% of the vote. Not nearly enough to even be competitive. What losing VP has ever succeded after losing? Gore, what happened to him? Sen Edwards? She will be lucky to keep her alaskan post.

Wishful thinking. If Obama wins next week, Bozo the Clown will be able to run against him in 2012 and win.

I could see Palin going for the Presidential bid in 2012, even if she wins this election. I don't see McCain running for a second term if he wins. He'll step aside, and we'll have Palin vs. Clinton in 2012. What a showdown that would be.

No way does an incumbent President step aside for a second run unless his first one is an absolute disaster.

Wishful thinking. If Obama wins next week, Bozo the Clown will be able to run against him in 2012 and win.

well since hes running against joe the plumber,tito the builder,lisa the librarian,cathy the cook and every other "name" and "occupation" symbol bozo the clown should be easy money. :D

I can see it now:

Sarah Palin/Ron Paul 2012

I doubt it seriously. Sarah Palin is pro-war and has not made any indication that she is concerned about civil liberties or the Constitution. Ron Paul would not run with her.

Bozo the Clown eh? Which Republican is he again?

Mitt Romney? Mike Huckabee? Rudy Guiliani? Sarah Palin? :badgrin:

Well if worse comes to worse, they can always choose the pig with lipstick on.

$giuliani_drag.jpg

:badgrin:

No way does an incumbent President step aside for a second run unless his first one is an absolute disaster.

Or he is like Reagan like at the end of Reagan's second term.

Not really. McCain has all the RINO support. She doesn't stand a chance without them.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

He pulls in the independents too.

Palin represents a small slice of the elctorate. No other VP pick, ever, in history, has had ever had the unfavorables that she has.

You know, I really do think this should be nominated for thread name of the year. :lol:

Forum List

Back