Shocked: Maine , woman says she would rather go to jail than take down her pro Trump signs

“Those” who complained? How many complained?

Doesn't matter. It would be the same if no one complained. Can you get away with running a stop sign, if no one complains?
Those that are complaining over such a petty deal, should mind their own business.

If anybody did complain, it was their business. If the rule is in place, it's in place for everybody.
It's a technicality, Its just a reason for the politically correct to control other people.
Those that are offended by the signs should be ignored.

It's a city rule. Probably right beside littering rules.

Yep, and she is exercising he right to protest, which is a liberal value, or was, now it is only a liberal value when it agrees with your bigoted view.

It's against the law in her town to have a sign in your yard larger than 2 x 2 ft, her signs are larger than 2 x 3 ft.... I bet some sign shop would proportionately copy and make the signs in a smaller version that meets the sign/banner code in her area, and maybe even do it for free or thru donations I'm certain she could get. Maybe she'll get Trump's attention and his campaign could pay to get her signs reduced to the proper size, to be legal?
. Anyone offended by what this woman is doing in her yard, and this being in regards to signs that she has put up, is not offended by a sign at all, but is offended by what the sign says plain and simple. Someone in her town has influence with local officials, and has talked these officials into doing some dirty work for them. I bet you that there are junked up yards from hell in the town, and no one says a dang thing about them, but ohhh the horror's of a pro-Trump sign... Good grief how dang stupid is this nation getting now ?????????

Isn't following the law a conservative value?
. Yes, but don't you just love or loath the hypocrisy of you that are on the left in these situations or upon these issues ? You will say now don't you conservatives go getting all collective on the left now, because it is only the left that has the trademark on that sort of thing. LOL

My only left lean is the American worker is woefully underpaid. Otherwise, I'm capitalist racketeer.

You are a fraud and a liar, that is all you are.

I have no problem with the city gvt changing it, if that is what the citizens want to do....
it certainly is none of your business or my business since it is not my town ordinance, and is seems silly that an issue is even made of this....but leave it to Infowars, to pass the hate.
I disagree, C4A.

Rolling back the scope and power of the Goobermint to stick its goobernatorial nose into everyones bidness seems like everyones bidness.

Damn right it's everyone's business. And clearly the people of Rockland decided that 2' x 2' was an appropriate maximum sign dimension. Granted, it may have been an arbitrary dimension...it could have been 2' x 3', or 3' x 3', or even (God forbid) 3.5' x 4'.

But if there were no laws as to sign dimensions, someone could put up a 20' x 30' lighted billboard on their property.

There have to be laws.

I agree and she has the right to peacefully protest the law. Which is what she is doing, unlike the OWS group who violated laws and covered for rapists. It seems today’s left aren’t liberals.

It depends on the stupidity of the law. Who is hurt or killed by that woman having a sign in her yard?

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly
So you condone violating the law. Very hypocritically Christian of you.
The legal law is one thing, but the Lord's law is another and violating his law is where I think that things get ugly because in my opinion, his law is the final word.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Where in the bible does it say "Thou shalt not require Trump supporters to follow the same rules as everybody else."
It doesn't, but I don't believe that the Lord would take issue with the woman leaving her sign in her yard either. She supports our leader, she doesn't worship him like some people seem to be trying to imply.

Holly

Romans 13:1-7 states, “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”
I don't believe that the Lord is behind those who are ordering that lady to remove her sign.

Holly

Doesn't matter. It would be the same if no one complained. Can you get away with running a stop sign, if no one complains?

Did I say it didn’t matter? He said “those”, where is his proof if it was “those”? It might have been just one person, it may have been no one. He is making crap up as he goes.
I'm not a he, I am 100% a she and love being a she, of which I was born. :D

The article mentioned a neighbor complaint...could have been more than one, I don't know that.... so 'those who complain' is in 'general'.
Those that are complaining need to get a life...

Those defending the goofy old bat are just as bad as her. Expecting that Trump exemption from rules that everybody else has to follow.

I don’t care what her signs say, if it was a pro Clinton sign, I’d be the first to say she should challenge the sign. It seems I’m more liberal than you are in this case. I’m also for the NFL players right to protest and hate that Trump stuck his nose in something that is none of his business.

For a guy that says he doesn’t care about this issue, you and Care4All are sure bitching and crying about it.

She has every right to challenge any law she wants. She doesn't have an exemption from the law just because they are trump signs.

Those that are complaining over such a petty deal, should mind their own business.

If anybody did complain, it was their business. If the rule is in place, it's in place for everybody.
It's a technicality, Its just a reason for the politically correct to control other people.

Yep, and she is exercising he right to protest, which is a liberal value, or was, now it is only a liberal value when it agrees with your bigoted view.

You always go through existing channels to find a solution before open protest. The RWNJs here don't seem to agree.

So you condone violating the law. Very hypocritically Christian of you.
The legal law is one thing, but the Lord's law is another and violating his law is where I think that things get ugly because in my opinion, his law is the final word.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Where in the bible does it say "Thou shalt not require Trump supporters to follow the same rules as everybody else."
It doesn't, but I don't believe that the Lord would take issue with the woman leaving her sign in her yard either. She supports our leader, she doesn't worship him like some people seem to be trying to imply.

Holly

Romans 13:1-7 states, “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”
I don't believe that the Lord is behind those who are ordering that lady to remove her sign.

Holly

So he said to follow civil laws, but just not that one. Got it.

Did I say it didn’t matter? He said “those”, where is his proof if it was “those”? It might have been just one person, it may have been no one. He is making crap up as he goes.
I'm not a he, I am 100% a she and love being a she, of which I was born. [emoji1]

The article mentioned a neighbor complaint...could have been more than one, I don't know that.... so 'those who complain' is in 'general'.

Those defending the goofy old bat are just as bad as her. Expecting that Trump exemption from rules that everybody else has to follow.

I don’t care what her signs say, if it was a pro Clinton sign, I’d be the first to say she should challenge the sign. It seems I’m more liberal than you are in this case. I’m also for the NFL players right to protest and hate that Trump stuck his nose in something that is none of his business.

For a guy that says he doesn’t care about this issue, you and Care4All are sure bitching and crying about it.

She has every right to challenge any law she wants. She doesn't have an exemption from the law just because they are trump signs.

Who said she gets an exemption? She said she will pay the fines and fight the law. You keep trying to pick an argument, not sure why.

Signs are too big due to city ordinance. Period.
What if someone put up a 4x5 sign that said OBAMA STILL ROCKS complete with him on his bicycle? People would still complain.

She can make the signs smaller. Or..toss her ass in jail.

The ones saying these signs have to go would be arguing for those signs to stay and claiming racism if anyone disagreed.
Conservatives need to stop putting themselves into opposition to zoning laws. Zoning is inherently conservative and pro-private property. If you own a nice house on a nice street in a nice neighborhood, and decide to open a slaughterhouse or strip joint or something, your neighbors would be justified in complaining and forcing you to stop your plans in order to "conserve" the integrity of the neighborhood.

You always go through existing channels to find a solution before open protest. The RWNJs here don't seem to agree.

She didn’t know the signs were illegal, after she found out, how do you know she didn’t go through existing channels and they blocked her? It seems you are making excuses. Why didn’t the NFL players go through existing channels?

What if someone put up a 4x5 sign that said OBAMA STILL ROCKS complete with him on his bicycle? People would still complain.

The ones saying these signs have to go would be arguing for those signs to stay and claiming racism if anyone disagreed.
Conservatives need to stop putting themselves into opposition to zoning laws. Zoning is inherently conservative and pro-private property. If you own a nice house on a nice street in a nice neighborhood, and decide to open a slaughterhouse or strip joint or something, your neighbors would be justified in complaining and forcing you to stop your plans in order to "conserve" the integrity of the neighborhood.

Liberals need to stop objecting to peaceful protest as a way to change laws.

Why doesn't the bitch get creative: cut the signs (they appear to be 4' x 3') into quarters. Then each quarter would be 2' x 1.5'. Arrange each quarter sign with approx 4 inches between...and then you have a full sign split into 4 smaller signs.

Then the bitch would win.

She didn’t know the signs were illegal, after she found out, how do you know she didn’t go through existing channels and they blocked her? It seems you are making excuses. Why didn’t the NFL players go through existing channels?

Slow news day. RWNJs will whine about anything Alex Jones tells them to whine about.

A higher court would shoot down the town's interpretation of the law as a free speech violation. If anything the woman would get fined, not go to jail. You need a warrant to arrest the woman for violations on her private property, which no court would legally be able to give out since it violates a Constitutional right.

Bitch'll get fined.

But when she continuously refuses to pay the fines, then she will go to jail.

Slow news day. RWNJs will whine about anything Alex Jones tells them to whine about.

Lol! You are the one crying. I checked the story before I commented, it wasn’t Alex Jones, it was a newspaper in Maine that went with the story.

I always double check a link to any story that Jones goes with, he is not a reliable source.

Now back to the topic. So can you verify if this woman went through existing channels or not? So did the NFL players go through existing channels?

Lol! You are the one crying. I checked the story before I commented, it wasn’t Alex Jones, it was a newspaper in Maine that went with the story.

I always double check a link to any story that Jones goes with, he is not a reliable source.

Now back to the topic. So can you verify if this woman went through existing channels or not? So did the NFL players go through existing channels?

The newspaper in Main didn't put a "hair on fire" spin on it and offer it up to the crazies as something of national interest..

I'm not a he, I am 100% a she and love being a she, of which I was born. [emoji1]

Who said she gets an exemption? She said she will pay the fines and fight the law. You keep trying to pick an argument, not sure why.
She NEVER said she would pay the fines, the fine is $100 to $1000 A DAY.

She NEVER said she would pay the fines, the fine is $100 to $1000 A DAY.

She said she would go to jail. Fine by me if that is what she believes in. Again, she is involved in a peaceful protest that liberals used to endorse. It seems the fake liberals of today only agree with protest of any kind as long as it fits their agenda.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back