Shocked: Maine , woman says she would rather go to jail than take down her pro Trump signs

If she would rather go to jail than follow the law, then I would certainly grant her wish. Lock the old bat up.

It's against the law in her town to have a sign in your yard larger than 2 x 2 ft, her signs are larger than 2 x 3 ft.... I bet some sign shop would proportionately copy and make the signs in a smaller version that meets the sign/banner code in her area, and maybe even do it for free or thru donations I'm certain she could get. Maybe she'll get Trump's attention and his campaign could pay to get her signs reduced to the proper size, to be legal?

It's against the law in her town to have a sign in your yard larger than 2 x 2 ft, her signs are larger than 2 x 3 ft.... I bet some sign shop would proportionately copy and make the signs in a smaller version that meets the sign/banner code in her area, and maybe even do it for free or thru donations I'm certain she could get. Maybe she'll get Trump's attention and his campaign could pay to get her signs reduced to the proper size, to be legal?
. Anyone offended by what this woman is doing in her yard, and this being in regards to signs that she has put up, is not offended by a sign at all, but is offended by what the sign says plain and simple. Someone in her town has influence with local officials, and has talked these officials into doing some dirty work for them. I bet you that there are junked up yards from hell in the town, and no one says a dang thing about them, but ohhh the horror's of a pro-Trump sign... Good grief how dang stupid is this nation getting now ?????????

Had this poor woman had a sign with the image of Mao she would have been ok.

There are some sick people around :rolleyes:

Of course Maine being Maine..........:confused:

They don't come more left wing than those lost souls over there.

Just to add.....it's a pity there are so many communists in Maine....they have such magnificent lobsters.....

oh well.

. Anyone offended by what this woman is doing in her yard, and this being in regards to signs that she has put up, is not offended by a sign at all, but is offended by what the sign says plain and simple. Someone in her town has influence with local officials, and has talked these officials into doing some dirty work for them. I bet you that there are junked up yards from hell in the town, and no one says a dang thing about them, but ohhh the horror's of a pro-Trump sign... Good grief how dang stupid is this nation getting now ?????????
it doesn't matter if neighbors object, if she had the legal size....

If she would rather go to jail than follow the law, then I would certainly grant her wish. Lock the old bat up.

What are you even talking about? She has a right to free speech.

What law is she breaking? Please explain... The "executive branch" (of a local jurisdiction) is the one breaking the law here.

A higher court would shoot down the town's interpretation of the law as a free speech violation. If anything the woman would get fined, not go to jail. You need a warrant to arrest the woman for violations on her private property, which no court would legally be able to give out since it violates a Constitutional right.

Last edited:
Signs are too big due to city ordinance. Period.
What if someone put up a 4x5 sign that said OBAMA STILL ROCKS complete with him on his bicycle? People would still complain.

She can make the signs smaller. Or..toss her ass in jail.

What are you even talking about? She has a right to free speech.

What law is she breaking? Please explain... The "executive branch" (of a local jurisdiction) is the one breaking the law here.

A higher court would shoot down the town's interpretation of the law as a free speech violation. If anything the woman would get fined, not go to jail. You need a warrant to arrest the woman for violations on her private property, which no court would legally be able to give out since it violates a Constitutional right.
If you simply read the op linked article from Infowars, it leaves out important information to the story so it can PUPOSELY get YOU outraged....Infowars has you all pegged and knows how to get your goat....

But if you click on the link to the original article it explains that this woman's signs are 30 - 50% larger than the city ordinance on signs in yards allows. She is breaking the law with her signs that big and simply needs to make them the lawful, accepted, size.

The Berkeley school of First Amendment rights strikes again.

Take it up with the zoning board.

Would the zoning board order her to remove the sign it it said: "IMPEACH TRUMP"?
Read the article in the link, and where it says READ MORE, click on it to get the details...her sign size breaks the law, if she reduces the sign size to that of her town's city ordinance, there is nothing they can do to her, the signs would be fine.

You are being "played" like a violin, by Alex Jones and the devil's spawn, infowars.

A Rockland, Maine, woman says she would rather go to jail than take down her pro-Donald Trump signs.
‘Shocked’: Maine Woman Ordered by City to Take Down Pro-Trump Signs

Well wait until you get told to take your bs down democrat or not it's gonna make it's way to you all too.
There is a business in town that still has up his giant TRUMP campaign sign, covers a third of the front of the building. No one is going to tell him to take it down though; he's the gun dealer in town. LOL

New Topics

Forum List

Back