SHOCK POLL: Romney 48% Obama 43%...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19 (see trends).

Looking at Tuesday's upcoming primaries, the GOP race in Alabama is essentially a three-way tie, while Mitt Romney leads by eight in Mississippi. Nationally, Romney now leads Rick Santorum by 12 points. Regardless of who they want to win, 80% of Republican Primary Voters nationwide believe Romney will be the party's nominee.

With the perception growing that he will be the GOP nominee, Romney leads President Obama by five points in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Today's numbers show Romney at 48%, Obama at 43%. That’s Romney’s largest lead since December. Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern.

If Santorum is the Republican nominee, he is up by one point over the president, 46% to 45%. This is the second time since polling began in 2011 that Santorum has had a slight lead over Obama. Romney is the only other candidate to lead the president more than one time in the polls. See tracking history for Obama vs. all four Republican candidates.

Read More:
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Maybe it's not a Landslide Victory for the Dear Leader after all?

They always spin it in hopes that the uninformed will side with the most popular guy. They do this every time. The polls have been consistent for a long time and Obama just isn't as loved as the left would like to think.

Right ... I wonder how many people actually vote for an other while talking the talk.

So if Romney is the only one who stands a chance of beating Obama.

And most of the GOP consider Romney a "RINO".

Then does that mean the American people prefer Obama over any "real" Republicans?

Barring some quirky glitch in the electoral system it seems that smiling Mitt will be the republican nominee. All I can say is ..."anyone but Barry".

So if Romney is the only one who stands a chance of beating Obama.

And most of the GOP consider Romney a "RINO".

Then does that mean the American people prefer Obama over any "real" Republicans?

No... see my sig line...

I may not really like Romney, but I really HATE obama.

Last edited:
Republicans LOVE Romney

They would be crazy not to nominate him over a lightweight like Obama

RCP has Obama at +3.8 overall, and Rasmussen is the ONLY poll showing Romney winning the hypothetical. The others have Obama by as much as +10. I hate Barack Obama with a passion words can't describe, but right now it's his to lose.

I just don't think any of the GOP contenders will beat him, especially since our damn primary will go all the way to the end. I hate to be a debbie downer but quite frankly it's over. Obama has been a disaster yet still has an approval rating in the 40s, amazingly, since he won't do anything to cost him the election between now and November I don't see him losing.

And again the GOP's moronic primary process will cost us dearly. Oh well, such is life.

Forum List

Back