Sherriff Offers Free Concealed Weapons Class to Teachers, Filled in 20 Minutes

How would this armed teacher thing work . Logistically, let’s play this out .

Do they keep it holster style at all times ? It locked in a safe .?

What happens if there is an intruder at school? Teacher leaves the class to shoot it out old west style ? What about the liability ?

If you looked up concealed carry laws you would know those questions.
Technically its not concealed carry. Its more like an armed guard.

Jeez

What happens if there is an intruder at school? Teacher leaves the class to shoot it out old west style ? What about the liability ?

Same way it works for every other Concealed Weapon Carrier. You do know that millions of people carry firearms every day, right? The liability would likely be borne by the teachers via a CCW insurance policy like Carry Guard...and the teachers would be compensated via a stipend like teachers who also coach school teams.
So youre saying they dont keep it locked away somewhere they keep it concealed on their person? Do you see a issue with that in a crowd of people? More specifically a crowd of teens that know youre carrying?

How would they know which teachers got permits and who didn't.
That is part of the idea that goes along with the training and permit.
The kids won't know which teachers do have one.
How hard do you think it would be for the kids to figure it out?

What if an armed teacher actually saved lives by taking out a potential mass shooter or the more likely what if a potential mass shooter doesn't go to a school that they know the teachers are armed.
What if a cow had nuts? It would be a bull. Please answer the questions. These are real safety concerns.
You or no one else with your political leanings have no safety concerns, Its all about banning firearms

What if an armed teacher actually saved lives by taking out a potential mass shooter or the more likely what if a potential mass shooter doesn't go to a school that they know the teachers are armed.
What if a cow had nuts? It would be a bull. Please answer the questions. These are real safety concerns.
You or no one else with your political leanings have no safety concerns, Its all about banning firearms
So you cant answer the questions? I kinda figured when you kept avoiding them.

Same way it works for every other Concealed Weapon Carrier. You do know that millions of people carry firearms every day, right? The liability would likely be borne by the teachers via a CCW insurance policy like Carry Guard...and the teachers would be compensated via a stipend like teachers who also coach school teams.
So youre saying they dont keep it locked away somewhere they keep it concealed on their person? Do you see a issue with that in a crowd of people? More specifically a crowd of teens that know youre carrying?

You think they would go through their purses?
My teacher kept her purse in one of the upper side drawers of the desk.
You think kids feel up the lower backs of male teachers?

I know they would go through their purses. Happened all the time at my school.
Unless they are wearing a coat all the time they wouldnt have to feel up a male teacher.

Actually the status quo obviously does not work, gun free zones are a soft target and attractive target for these progressives...
Speculation.

Schools are filled with people that these cons and other Drumpf supporters see as their enemy.
Maybe, Why would conservatives want to put unnecessary pressure on the second amendment? Thus making firearms and ammo more expensive.
Progressives know that these type of shooting to get everyone riled up unnecessarily so they’re doing them to get rid of the Second Amendment?
Most young people are progressive very few young people are conservative generally. Mature people grow out of progressivism usually.
Theyre cons. Thinking isnt really their strong suit for starters. They are irrational which is why every single mass shooter has been a con white male. Youre seeing conspiracy when the most obvious and provable answer is right in front of your face.
Na, Race has nothing to do with it. It’s a rureal and urban thing.
Most of these mass shooters are registered Democrats or their families are...
Give me some examples. This last guy was wearing a MAGA hat, he was white, and he was a racist.
democrat-shooters.png

Cp21fbgVYAAc4xo.jpg

DLaJyQ6VYAAMkfL.jpg

bb8cce05d3e68651a4b2788861a21e52--democrat-humor-islam-muslim.jpg

CnRiN5qWYAQqf3a.jpg

Unless they are wearing a coat all the time they wouldnt have to feel up a male teacher.

Well that seems to go straight to the heart of the matter.
Undisciplined kids who have no respect for personal property.

Hey. Action before thinking. Dont bother us with thinking.

Let’s say you are the gun teacher and there’s a fight in the hall. Do you break it up ? What if a kid grabs your gun ?

If the cops are responding to a call, how do they know the teacher (wh his gun drawn ) isn’t the bad guy ?
If you pull your gun you use your gun!

Police have a different social status and unfamiliarity with the public that breeds a different type of dynamic. They also dont stand day in and day out in a classroom with kids that are bored and very likely to be curious about the gun.

Nobody should ever see your gun. Up until very recently in my state, if someone saw your concealed firearm, you could be charged with brandishing. A firearm like a Ruger LCP or LC9 is small enough to never be seen. Coupled with an IWB (inside the waistband) retention holster like this and you're in business. Especially with today's less formal educators casual ware.
Wait...So you think the kids are not going to know that the teacher is carrying the gun? You dont have experience with kids do you?
I think they won't know.

I grabbed a CCW gun...not as small as an LCP, and not the smallest I own, but a nice compromise between large enough to shoot accurately and small enough to conceal easily...a Taurus 709 Slim. Then I grabbed a few things I'd likely have in my pocket everyday.

20180221_002342_crop_503x436.jpg

If you can't conceal that, there's something seriously wrong with your clothing choices.

Police have a different social status and unfamiliarity with the public that breeds a different type of dynamic. They also dont stand day in and day out in a classroom with kids that are bored and very likely to be curious about the gun.

Nobody should ever see your gun. Up until very recently in my state, if someone saw your concealed firearm, you could be charged with brandishing. A firearm like a Ruger LCP or LC9 is small enough to never be seen. Coupled with an IWB (inside the waistband) retention holster like this and you're in business. Especially with today's less formal educators casual ware.
Wait...So you think the kids are not going to know that the teacher is carrying the gun? You dont have experience with kids do you?
why would they know

Well that seems to go straight to the heart of the matter.
Undisciplined kids who have no respect for personal property.
That doesnt really address my point though.

why would they know
Ask someone that has kids. Its pretty much what they do.

I think they won't know.

I grabbed a CCW gun...not as small as an LCP, and not the smallest I own, but a nice compromise between large enough to shoot accurately and small enough to conceal easily...a Taurus 709 Slim. Then I grabbed a few things I'd likely have in my pocket everyday.

View attachment 178049

If you can't conceal that, there's something seriously wrong with your clothing choices.
The question isnt if you can conceal it. The question is can it remain unknown that you are carrying one. My interaction with kids say no. There is no way you are going to have a gun on you day in day out and teens wont figure it out.

I think they won't know.

View attachment 178049

A Seecamp or Kel-Tec would a lot smaller to carry in this situation.

Those are very easy to conceal and a lot lighter.

CCW classes have been avaliable online for years. The Sheriff isn't offering much unless the classes also offer hours on the range.

why would they know

i raised 4 boys so yeah I know what Im talking about shithead

why would they know

i raised 4 boys so yeah I know what Im talking about shithead
Yeah I dont believe you. There would be no way you would ask such an illiterate, uneducated question if that was true.

Forum List

Back