Shellenberger on Censorship: This is Totalitarianism

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
At the Congressional hearing on Social Media Censorship yesterday, Michael Shellenberger lays it out. I really would LOVE liberals to defend the government telling free American citizens what they can't speak about online in regards to, say, Covid vaccines, etc.

Let your totalitarian freak flags fly. Whatcha got?

Video at link:

SHELLENBERGER: “Seeing this censorship industry go from, well, we’re just fighting ISIS to well, we’re just fighting Russian disinformation bots to well, now we need to fight domestic misinformation, which is just saying we need to fight against people who are saying things we disagree with online, that’s all that means. And I — I mean, it’s not a slippery slope. It’s an immediate leap into a terrifying mechanism that I — we only see in totalitarian societies of attempting to gain control over what the social media platforms are allow — are allowing. And so yeah, for me, it’s just — it starts at DHS, but we basically see almost every government agency involved in this.”

At the Congressional hearing on Social Media Censorship yesterday, Michael Shellenberger lays it out. I really would LOVE liberals to defend the government telling free American citizens what they can't speak about online in regards to, say, Covid vaccines, etc.

Video at link:

SHELLENBERGER: “Seeing this censorship industry go from, well, we’re just fighting ISIS to well, we’re just fighting Russian disinformation bots to well, now we need to fight domestic misinformation, which is just saying we need to fight against people who are saying things we disagree with online, that’s all that means. And I — I mean, it’s not a slippery slope. It’s an immediate leap into a terrifying mechanism that I — we only see in totalitarian societies of attempting to gain control over what the social media platforms are allow — are allowing. And so yeah, for me, it’s just — it starts at DHS, but we basically see almost every government agency involved in this.”
Yet amazingly we keep hearing from folks who were allegedly censored.

Either they are full of shit or....well no...just like the OP...they are completely full of shit.

Yet amazingly we keep hearing from folks who were allegedly censored.

Either they are full of shit or....well no...just like the OP...they are completely full of shit.

I think deeply unhappy people align with fascism because being on the side of those who--as they perceive--boss others around at least give them SOME semblance of control over their lives.

Just look at the people who are doing the suing or who are pushing bogus impeachments. Look at who wants to cancel whom. The aggressors are always Democrats, neocons and MSM bigots, trying to suppress speech they don't agree with. These are the mindless bigots who want to destroy free speech in exchange for power.

I think deeply unhappy people align with fascism because being on the side of those who--as they perceive--boss others around at least give them SOME semblance of control over their lives.

And although they won't ever be honest about it, the leftist vermin are deeply, psychotically unhappy people.

And they refuse to allow anyone around them to be happy and normal when they cannot be.

Last edited:
You have not come out to say that you OPPOSE govt restricting free speech rights of free Americans. I do oppose such things.

But then, you're a bootlicker, and we know this.

I wonder if candycorn lives in Washington State and supports this -- gulags for the politically incorrect.

Just think what they will turn states like Washington into when they have managed to kill everyone who disagrees with them.

Third world.

I escaped in time. I now live in a state where historically and currently, the governor and the mayors of all the population centers are conservative Republicans. It's a good feeling and a good start.

Last edited:

I wonder if candycorn lives in Washington State and supports this -- gulags for the politically incorrect.

Just think what they will turn states like Washington into when they have managed to kill everyone who disagrees with them.

Third world.

I escaped in time. I now live in a state where historically and currently, the governor and the mayors of all the population centers are conservative Republicans. It's a good feeling and a good start.

It's the Soviet Union 2.0. They always will do that given the opportunity.

Third world.

Candy is 100% democrat, anything they want they get and are 100% correct in everything they do.

And Candy will spend hours typing away defending all of it, even the child grooming.

Candy has sold out to the cult.

It's the Soviet Union 2.0. They always will do that given the opportunity.

What's a shame is that the eastern part of the state is filled with good, conservative people who farm and ranch and have to suffer along with anyone still in Western Washington who hates the blue shithole government.

They are hemorrhaging good people from Washington and Oregon. Even in my backwater corner of southeastern SD, they're coming here in astonishing numbers!

Not an issue of censorship, Islamophobic Twat.

It's their platform, it's their rules.

You don't like it, find a platform like Truth Social or Parler (what ever happened to Parler?) that is more to your liking.

Not an issue of censorship, Islamophobic Twat.

It's their platform, it's their rules.

You don't like it, find a platform like Truth Social or Parler (what ever happened to Parler?) that is more to your liking.
So you support the dem .gov going to the various platforms and having them censor certain speech?

Meh, sounds about right coming from you.

Same shit different day. Same fake outrage. Same refusal to acknowledge what really happened. Same thirst for misinformation.

"Fake outrage"

It's amazing how easy it is for your cult to be so fake smug when you perceive yourselves to be winning, but underneath the facade it is easy for me to see your desperation.

Even you cannot be so insensate as to believe your own lies, shill.

We see through you.

Suppression and censorship have been around a long time in the US, yet you people never gave a shit until Twitter of Facebook, frickin crybabies.

Forum List

Back